Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    Not to mention one thing boomkins can do that mages and locks can't do. they can cast heals, yes god forbid you do the very thing that makes you a hybrid.
    and with the changes to healing, how useful is this? (no really...is it useful? or is it like lifebloom ticks for 300 when thinks are hitting you for 10k? because even in the wotlk healing environment, my balance healing feels like shit unless I'm spamming nourish) anyone have any info on usefulness of balance heals (self healing or offhealing) in pvp?

also, according to wowhead, crippling poison is still a 70% snare.

also...are mushrooms still proximity mines? or do they only explode when you use detonate?
    Last edited by fizikz; 2010-10-03 at 05:58 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Warlocks dont need to be healed, they heal for more like healers actualy xD

Deleted
    Newest PTR build adds another balance nerf it seems. The overgrowth talent is gone. No more AOE Root.

I'd love to stay impartial here but it's starting to become apparent that Blizzard either don't want boomkins to PVP, or have no clue how to balance it They need to realise burst won't save us in Cataclysm and we need some bloody utility!

Dear god it's getting hard to stay hopeful my boomkin will be worth leveling first. I really don't understand why they think they need to nerf us so badly.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    Dear god it's getting hard to stay hopeful my boomkin will be worth leveling first. I really don't understand why they think they need to nerf us so badly.
    The one good thing about leveling a druid (or paladin imo) is that they are likely to have atleast 1 viable spec for pvp and pve, Even if some of the specs aren't up to the level they should be.

Still going to stick with my druid come cata, and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Newest PTR build adds another balance nerf it seems. The overgrowth talent is gone. No more AOE Root.
    I have to admit, it was a bit crazy for pvp to snare potentialy lots of people from range, but it gave chickens some well needed CC option for pve. Now we're stuck with old Roots, Cyclone wich is good but it has too short duration to be used in pve, and good old Hibernate that I used maybe twice in almost 3 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    I have to admit, it was a bit crazy for pvp to snare potentialy lots of people from range, but it gave chickens some well needed CC option for pve. Now we're stuck with old Roots, Cyclone wich is good but it has too short duration to be used in pve, and good old Hibernate that I used maybe twice in almost 3 years.
    To be fair, if they just changed Hibernate to be usable on all targets and somehow screw it over for pvp (or give us some control back?) I'd be happy in terms of CC

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    Not to mention one thing boomkins can do that mages and locks can't do. they can cast heals, yes god forbid you do the very thing that makes you a hybrid.
    Yah mon but you know what Locks can selfheal them also, and they dont need to switch forms for it... and lets not talk about mages, they dont need a damn heal to crush you within seconds

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    and with the changes to healing, how useful is this? (no really...is it useful? or is it like lifebloom ticks for 300 when thinks are hitting you for 10k? because even in the wotlk healing environment, my balance healing feels like shit unless I'm spamming nourish) anyone have any info on usefulness of balance heals (self healing or offhealing) in pvp?

well, at least in self healing we are getting some love with hot critting (a lot on ptr), for me 3500/600 sp w/o trinket procs, rejuvination is healing about 2k crit, and 3 stack of lifebloom can do awsome heals. Of course, not so much to resist when you are under focus, but if you can cc and run they can easly heal you to full health

++++

btw like mages cc-evocation to full health or locks self healing - healthstone
    Last edited by Rudy; 2010-10-03 at 08:28 AM.
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Deleted
    I can predict the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupla View Post
    Well, if they are going to stay on this "nerf moonkins to useless" -path, I bet next they are going to remove the overgrowth talent that makes roots AoE. And after that maybe the instant root glyph too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupla View Post
    I can predict the future.
    yea when I read your older post I was like "Nah, they wouldn't remove overgrowth, the talent is just like an elemental shamans roots, it would help us survive 100x more than we can now." What else do you think will happen Tupla?

They didn't have to get rid of the talent, they could have made it where it only roots up to 3 targets or just have gotten rid of the glyph...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistgun View Post
    yea when I read your older post I was like "Nah, they wouldn't remove overgrowth, the talent is just like an elemental shamans roots, it would help us survive 100x more than we can now." What else do you think will happen Tupla?

They didn't have to get rid of the talent, they could have made it where it only roots up to 3 targets or just have gotten rid of the glyph...
    its possible it will be there in cata, just removed for 4.0....that's what it said on the top of the patch notes. so we can still have hope.....a little, anyway ><