Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra View Post
    EDIT: And you can't mount at LK btw, though I don't really get why. Probably because there were afraid of exploits)
    You can, but not until about halfway through the encounter. I think it has something to do with the Val'kyr.
    Obviously, you can't mount in the middle of combat, but druid travel form has the same outdoor restriction but not the combat one and does get available some time after the first transition ends.

Why do none of you have screenshots or videos?
    Post one and I'll gladly take it back, but I still don't believe this can happen.

I'd guess it's not areas that mounts function, per se, but areas where the roof of the 'world' is over an X limit. Which includes the actual world (zones, etc) and certain instance areas such as the Lootships area (you fly up), Occulus (ditto), Upper Spire (Valk's gotta fly), Sindragosa (ditto) and LK (ditto again). Areas where the roof is low (and I don't just mean a physical roof, I wouldn't expect it to shoot you up in say the outside bit of HoS) should stop it happening (so you don't end up on top of the instance).
    Last edited by Matchu; 2010-09-30 at 08:24 PM. Reason: That's a lot of brackets

15+ Year Old Account
    As some others mentioned, no the new rocket boots can't fail.

Everyone is missing a large part of the point. OP is asking as he wants to know if the rogue failed on the fight.

To simply put it, he did. Regardless of people stating the boots can or can't fail, the rogue should have parachute cloaked to safety :P

So did the rogue fail? Yes

I've personally never had the boots fail in a pve instance after patch 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    I had it fail on LK hc on our first kill, LK enraged and I got aggro just before the boots sent me flying, which gave the last remaining dps (a lock) enough time to kill it.
    Was quite epic
    Pics or it didn't happen.

I am led to believe that the failure rate is dramatically reduced while in a raid, but not 100% reduced.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by patrock View Post
    Everyone is missing a large part of the point. OP is asking as he wants to know if the rogue failed on the fight.

To simply put it, he did. Regardless of people stating the boots can or can't fail, the rogue should have parachute cloaked to safety :P

So did the rogue fail? Yes

I've personally never had the boots fail in a pve instance after patch 3.1
    If it DID fail after being yoinked in by Blistering Cold, a parachute would not have saved him from Sindragosa's AoE. If anything, it would have made it worse, keeping him out of healing range.

I've seen Nitro boots failing only once, and it was outside instance. Knocks you up in the air and you take some falling damage.
    So either it can't fail in instances or the chance is very very low.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you need rocket boots for pve fights your an idiot. if you need rocket boots for pvp fights, your a baddie. l2p.

Pretty sure cloak of shadows *might* have saved him, so he's just bad regardless of the questioned boot failure