Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ok, knowing these facts now, maybe we should make a small list of items we should get before 4.0 (if we even have a week before it) with our dkp/badges.

- Tiny abom trinket becoming nice ?
    - t10 gloves surely become interesting.
    - Cryptmaker from council

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by chaddd; 2010-10-01 at 08:49 PM.

The non set plate pieces that ret paladins previously only wanted are pretty decent now. Badge token will be decent. Basically anything with hit on it.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

altho i wil lvl my warrior first i wil not play it on 4.0.
    after trying it both pve/pvp on the PTR i must say, its is just horrible. altho i REALY like the new gameplay of both fury and arms, the damage is just no way near on par

i wil play my lock mainly trough 4.0:P

I know people want to play arms (myself included) but it just is not competitive in the slightest at the moment. All the serious progression warriors will be fury.
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

im gonna rol a ele sham they look great in the ptr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    Hey Chadd, do you know something about Revenge in Cata that I don't? Wondering why you didn't include it.

Edit: I'm not in beta or anything, so I am asking due to sheer curiosity.
    Last edited by Parhadox; 2010-10-02 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Detail

Can anyone tell me whether Tiny Abom trinket will be any good for us come 4.0?

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Wrong. Crits still affect rage income.
    Baddy, people that play beta and theorycrafters from EJ confirmed that Crits don't affect rage income.
    Last edited by sixx; 2010-10-03 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Baddy, people that play beta and theorycrafters from EJ confirmed that Crits don't affect rage income.
    I tested for quite some time on PTR and BETA and you're right. I'm not sure where Finangus gets his info
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Can anyone tell me whether Tiny Abom trinket will be any good for us come 4.0?
    I do not think so, indeed +hit is very nice for us with 4.0 but the proc-thingy is still bullshit, as we dont have any mechanism to get additional damage with those extra hits like ret-pallys, rogues or enhancers do.

Quote Originally Posted by many people View Post
    LOL NUB CRIT DON'T GIVES TEH RAGE
    While crit doesn't effect rage income directly, I think everyone seems to have forgotten the flurry talent... unless I am horribly mistaken (always a possibility) the melee haste provided by the talent makes crit viable in regards to rage gen. The point where haste seems to surpass crit is when you approach 100% uptime on flurry.

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong, of course all of this is subject to fine tuning. but I wouldn't exactly jump on the haste bandwagon and abandon crit just yet.

once your crit is high enough, Flurry is almost at 100% uptime so you can basically factor in the speed reduction into your normal rage gen calculations. We'll have less uptime as we level, but once the heroics start and some gear from the first tier of raids comes in our uptime will be higher again
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhadox View Post
    Hey Chadd, do you know something about Revenge in Cata that I don't? Wondering why you didn't include it.

Edit: I'm not in beta or anything, so I am asking due to sheer curiosity.
    Ah my bad... I shouldn't create specs while I am in meetings!

Fixed: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhbZIcGdRRkdbu

With devastate spam you can still get impending victory to proc often but you lose out on the instant/pre-pull rage of the shouts. There are still a few places you can move a couple of points around depending on if you need a treat build, hp regen, rage build.

In I am wrong in seeing that we can move a few points around for these different types of tank builds, sorry to derail the topic some, or do we have a cookie-cutter build yet?

Until all the numbers a finalized we can only speculate what will become the "cookie cutter" build. I imagine you'll want to take the seed-of-rend (blood and thunder?) talent, it's blizzards way of un-pigeonholing prot out of deepwounds spec.

Again, this is only speculation as we have no idea until some solid numbers come around.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroto View Post
    Thanks for the informative reply! Do you mean you are hard capping white so like 700+ hit?!
    Yes, Thats exactly what I mean... This gives you a wonderful supply of rage. and white hits are the biggest part of your DPS. After you have achieved HIT cap, go for haste. since you wont be missing any white hits, you'll be able to put more in if you swing faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramile View Post
    Yes, Thats exactly what I mean... This gives you a wonderful supply of rage. and white hits are the biggest part of your DPS. After you have achieved HIT cap, go for haste. since you wont be missing any white hits, you'll be able to put more in if you swing faster.
    Although impressive to reach the dw hit cap, I hope this philosophy goes away at 85, since it's not funny when a class' dps is mostly comprised of auto-attacks.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    def fury

btw. which item are you going to use for the ranged slot in 4.0?

All that throwing weapons and guns get their 100+ attack power removed and added as another +20 stamina on most items.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

atm i feel like going SMF fury. I love arms , but it has too many buttons to push. (MS, Rend,OP,HS,Slam,CS. also theres few abilities to use not that often but still should keep them on my bars: shouts for rage and buff, victory rush, execute, bs , sweeping strikes, deadly calm). Well, its nice that warrior will have so many abilities, but compare to dk/ret pala its just wrong.