Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New graphic effects for droods on recent builds !

EDITED: I'll make of this post the main one concerning graphical changes for droods. There are some new things on build 13117. Don't hesitate to post your opinion about these graphic effects, and make suggestions about how you would improve the visuals of our spells.

Hey there !

I just saw some new graphic effects for us, mighty druids, in the new build. I'll share them with you, as i think that the aesthetic of our class is a rather important thing and often forgotten in forum's feedbacks.

- So first, we have a new proc warning for Shooting Star, very beautiful. The balance spec is more and more appealing to the eyes the more the beta progress:

- Now, a proc warning for Fury of Stormrage:

- For the ones interested in the new radius of Efflorescence. It's pretty large now, a real area of effect heal. Well, i would rather have efflo untied from swiftmend and exist on its own (with some new mechanics to differentiate it from healing rain), but i think it's better than before:

- Concerning mushrooms, in the previous build i had only a small explosion and a tiny shroom for fungal growth, now i see some new things, but maybe it was just some graphic bugs in my version and it was already available before.

So we have first a little colored aura under the shroom that you just planted, and that irradiates from it:

When you detonate it, you have now a little death & decay like effect that is tied to fungal growth (other spec don't have it). This zone represent just the fungal growth effect, not the damage caused by the explosion of the shrooms (it's still 3 yards, you have literally to put them ON your target to hurt it, a pity for an AOE attack)

And finally the alteration of the ground where fungal growth is active, it's more clear now, i sense a lot of fun with this effect and the fact that we can put 3 shrooms, especially in BG:

These changes emphasize even more the lack of "wow-factor" concerning feral graphics, and it's not the small red icon of stampeding roar, the Zorro like signature of pulverize, and the little scratches of thrash, that will give us that. They need to put some efforts on feral aesthetics and spell effects, they can for example add bleeds on the screen, big claws scratches with different orientation depending on the attack, aura on our bears/cats, change of color and size, add wave effects for our roars, create new body animations, etc. There are so many possibilities

Stay tuned for more news from the first atomic powered drood !!!!
    Last edited by mmoc614c5fd55f; 2010-10-01 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    New things for us on build 13117:

- BRAND NEW ANIMATION/ART FOR STARSURGE (again) !!!!

It's really pretty, maybe better than the last one (bigger, more impressive), i'm just not found of the blue color (i would prefer a mix of green and blue/purple, to represent the arcane and nature damage, but well), and i still think that a "surge from the star" must come from the sky, not from our hands. I'll try to make a video of it soon.

- A new button art for Stampeding Roar. Well, the spell animation is still lackluster, but it's already that:

- And finally you can see the radius of Solar Beam after the nerf to 5 yards:

I hope that some ferals attacks will receive a graphic revamp like pulverize, its animation grow on me, like a ZorroBear signature with claws

Deleted
    EDITED: I added the video of the new starsurge animation

New things for us on build 13117:

- Brand new animation/art for Starsurge (again) !!!

It's really pretty, maybe better than the last one (bigger, more impressive), i'm just not found of the blue color (i would prefer a mix of green and blue/purple, to represent the arcane and nature damage, but well), and i still think that a "surge from the star" must come from the sky, not from our hands.

- A new button art for Stampeding Roar. Well, the spell animation is still lackluster, but it's already that:

- And finally you can see the radius of Solar Beam after the nerf to 5 yards:

I hope that some ferals attacks will receive a graphic revamp like pulverize, its animation grow on me, like a ZorroBear signature with claws
    Last edited by mmoc614c5fd55f; 2010-10-01 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so pretty...

Deleted
    Starsurge Lazors! FTW!!!!!

Deleted
    I have never been so proud to be a boomkin *sniff*

Starsurge looks so amazing!

Deleted
    Here's the starsurge new animation video AtomicDrood FTW !

This will sound silly and probably not make sense to most people, but Starsurge almost looks TOO good now.
    WOW.
    That's an epic looking level 10 ability. I think it puts other ranged cast spells to shame.

Deleted
    That blue beam is too cool for bearmanchickens in my opinion. The fact that it puts its hands up after casting is an insult for such beauty. I HATE YOU! *runs away QQ*

KAMAHAMEHA!

I <3 starsurge
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

It's not just feral that have limited animations in their attacks. Rogues/warriors/hunters say 'Hi'. I think the ability to make spells look and feel more interesting is easy compared to melee. No biggie in my book.

New spells all look great. I'm glad Effo isn't a seperate spell but I already posted in that thread. Ty for the pics and video!
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey AtomicDrood,

Would you mind checking to see if Sunfire is still broken on the latest beta build? (It's only ticking about 1/3rd as many times as Moonfire).

Thanks
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks epic. Might consider Boomkin as an offspec for the first time ever!

Deleted
    I think i will use some chat macro in cata.

Starsurge: Kaaaameeeehaaameee haaaaaaa

Sunfire: Eat hot moonfire damn bitch.

Solar Beam: silence! i kill you!

Detonate shroom: kabQQQQQQQm

Im not moaning or anything but all this effort into multiple starsurge spell effects you would think they can spare a few days to make a new typhoon graphic >:C

been waiting since the launch of Wrath....they promised :C

10+ Year Old Account
    If boomkin form wasn't so hideous id be tempted to play it. Those are some very nice effects.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by dmx87212 View Post
    KAMAHAMEHA!

I <3 starsurge
    Son of a.... I cannot unsee this.

I love starsurges animation!! It is so pretty, just more of a reason to go moonkin!

Congratulations to all the Moonkin; you have some really nice animation.

Ferals really need some love though. I would like to see a visual cue (other than by buff bar) for the Predatory Strikes instant cast effect.

Our Roars should send waves of sound to the victims/recipients. Swipe and Thrash need a spin animation.

Give us back our Starsurge knockback ! QQ

Anyway, really nice animation (maybe just make it a little more brighter), but I dont like that Moonkin put his hands up on cast :S
    Last edited by hellghast; 2010-10-01 at 07:00 PM.