Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    do we really need a topic complaining about worgen every day?
    Apparently we need several.

The only thing that i would complain about if anything would be if the mount "form" didn't have a cast time. if it has a cast time just like the paladin's mount or warlocks then i see no problem at all adds more flavor to the game if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Furbhealzor View Post
    The only thing that i would complain about if anything would be if the mount "form" didn't have a cast time. if it has a cast time just like the paladin's mount or warlocks then i see no problem at all adds more flavor to the game if anything.
    It has a cast time.

OP, can't you make a topic about how The Horde's bloodlust and Alliance's heroism isn't the exact same? It's not the same name or icon! Not even the sound is the same.

Summary of issues with horde races:

1. Blood elves are not a race. They are renamed high elves with instead of a worgen curse they got an addiction.
    2. Undead are not an exclusive race. Alliance got Undead Deathknights. So whats so uniqe about undead?
    Ad i coyld continue. But thw point is. If u dont like it dont play it. I hate dranei ( cept Velen) but i just dont play em.

Btw running wild is 10times cooler then trikes. Also worgen in robes are cool. Human males in robes however........
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Basically, I think the issues you raise are unimportant. The race and starting zone arguments are semantics. Your Worgen Form and Running Wild arguments are opinions presented as facts. For me, Worgen will add a lot of fun to WoW. I like their look, I like the majority of their animations, and I think their starting zones are fantastic. In my opinion you're being strangely petty about some very petty details.

It's a game. Worgen look awesome. Would you prefer Pandas?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP vs. 10000000000000 worgen fans (exaggeration)
    answer is obvious.

This is just your average day QQ thread.
    This just made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    do we really need a topic complaining about worgen every day?
    One per hour.

All day.

EVERY DAY!

DO IT NOW, SOLDIER!

What the..?
    Seriously, do you see these points as problems?
    I dont understand why people are trying so hard to find these small flaws to pick on.
    Everything you pointed out just emphasized on their uniqueness (is it even a word) as a race.
    It would be rather boring if everyone was equal, sigh... I bet you would whine if Blizzard did it any different anyways.

#1: As far as I understood when I played through the questline was that you were once a human citizen of Gilneas.
    Then you get infected by the worgen curse and are in danger of turning into the mindless worgen type.
    But you find salvation and is saved by the night elves, so now you can control yourself.
    Thus you are actually more worgen than human, the human form is just a benefit you kept since you can control yourself now.

#2: So it would be better if they just completely overwhelmed the worgen and then the horde so they could keep their city, I dont feel like that would be very much likely concidering the vast amount of enemies on the worgen doorstep in Gilneas.
    I'm quite happy that Blizzard went this way with them, it fits nicely into the horde, they got infected, then saved by the night elves.
    Then they tried to defend their city as good as they could but got overwhelmed and thus granted a place in the city of their former saviors.
    And when the nelfs decide to teach the worgen druidism, what better place is there for the worgen but darnassus where the druids pretty much live?

#3: Okay, so what you are saying is that the worgen will not be given any weapons except maybe fistweapons only? That would make is so fun to play a worgen, nothing to drop for them.
    And what is the big deal of them beeing so unique when it comes to their forms, its just like the druids got the instant cast fligth form. Nothing wrong with that.

#4: Okay, why do people want the tauren to have this incredible stupid plainsrunning ability? Has all sence of logic vaned? (Yeah I know it is an fantasy game but still), they are BIG cows with hoofs.
    There is a reason why they cant be rogues and why they cant have plainsrunning, they are too big, there is nothing else to say about that matter, just forget the damn ability.
    "But IRL oxes run fast!"
    Yeah... But did you ever think that irl they run on all four but in game that would be a little hard since here they got 3 fingers on each ARM instead of four legs with hooves, try to run on all four and see how fast/long you can go yourself.
    And if you would have paid attention to the mount balance you would now that rigth now the alliance got 2 more mounts than the horde, thus the horde get 2 goblin mounts and alliance gets running wild.

So there you have it, no trouble and no balance issues, now sit back, relax and play the new awesome alliance race or just ragequit (wich I doubt, because whiners usually stick to the game nevertheless).

And for your forsaken comment, that would be fair if they ever met a paladin.
    *TURN UNDEAD* -> *EXORSISM* Forsaken player dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    And about the mounts. Alliance have 3 more mounts then Horde at the moment. Also, one faction can't have something unique for that side? Silvermoon got a teleporter to the UC, there's no such thing for the Alliance side.
    Could someone please tell me which mounts that are? I keep hearing this argument but nobody ever clarifies it...

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    In the ends it seems that Worgen already caused more trouble and balance issues than any other race (recall Tauren plainsrunning or Forsaken treated as undead not humanoids).
    Plainsrunning and Forsaken being undead were clear GAMEPLAY advantages/disadvantages. Everything you've mentioned are COSMETIC advantages/disadvantages. There is NO balance issue with Worgen.

As for the rest of your post, this is just a bunch of the same QQ over again. Worgen are FINE. Deal with it.

The worgen are an independent race from humans the same way dwarves and earthen are different. A curse changed them into what they currently are.

ISSUE #1 : Worgen as a race.
    The very first issue is the fact Worgen are not really a race. I mean Worgen summoned by Scythe of Elune might be, but the playable Alliance Worgen are infact cursed Gilneas citizen. It was obvious when Blizz announced that they will have 2 "forms": human and worgen. From the technical point of view they are just humans cursed to become beasts. The change was caused by moon (kinda original werewolf idea in Pyrewood Villidge, when during day they appeared as humans and during night as worgen) or could be self-controlled by player - Aliance Worgen. The human is infact race here, not form. Onyxia had "human form" since she was a Dragon. "playable worgen" is infact human with worgen FORM. Like Bruce banner changing to Hulk -> he's human not... Hulk, right?
    Wrong. They are worgen with a HUMAN form.

So a Human and a Glinean Worgen are the same race?
    That's pretty much the same as a night elf to a blood elf...no complaints there? Thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Could someone please tell me which mounts that are? I keep hearing this argument but nobody ever clarifies it...
    Sabers aren't they? They added 2 more sabers at least.

ISSUE #1 : Worgen as a race.
    Not so much an issue. Forsaken were Human too. They aren't now, and it sounds like they're going to be able to reproduce in Cat.

ISSUE #2 : Starting zone & land ownership.
    Meh. There's gonna be a fight for Silverpine, no doubt. From the get-go? Nah.

ISSUE #3 : Worgen Form
    I am a little sympathetic to this one. Forsaken should have the same ability to balance things out. I mean, have you seen Sylvanis? She don't look all that 'decayed flesh'.

ISSUE #4 : Running Wild.
    I'm a touch sympathetic to this one as well. Put Plainstriding back in, in a form that parallels Running Wild.

In all though, I don't know that this is QQ. Yeah, okay maybe a bit, but there are valid points below the wall of text. It's like your opinion man, you should get to voice it, and you've done so.

True That looks awsome And that's why my point was about casters who just don't fit into whole concept. Imagine a Worgen mage blinking away from a Rogue instead of going hand-to-hand with claws? Doesn't make much sense.
    Worgen is a race not a class. So what wouldn't make sense is any worgen mage NOT blinking away and stupidly trying to melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll is obvious, folks. That being said, I'll bite.

Worgen as a race kick ass, Running Wild is a totally awesome idea, fresh and cool. Nobody really cares about the mounts that I know of, because guess what? There are enough mounts in game already to get any mount achieve. Also, as of this moment Gobys only add 2 mounts, and the concept manbearpig thing was just ridiculously ugly.

The starting area is amazing; it tells you the story and gives you a great idea of the type of people the Gilneans and Worgen are. I just wish that extended further into the game. Instead, Worgen get the lol treatment by getting a single stupid tree in Darn which no one likes, and no story continuation while Goblins get an entire district in Org and all of Azshara.

I'll be race changing/rerolling most of my alliance toons to Worgen, regardless. When Cata ends, I should have about 8 of my (by then) 14 85s as Worgen. Even though I disagree with a lot of what Blizz has done with them, I still really enjoy the race. Does it need work? Of course it does. I remain hopeful that Blizz will get things right either by launch or within the first patch or two.

Couldn't the thing with the claws and them being beasts be said about Tauren too? Why aren't all the tauren using their horns and hooves? And the trolls have tusks, they should fight with them instead of weapons.

You're partially right, but Forsaken lost their human "part". They are no longer what can be considered "human". Worgen stuck in their beastly form (with no human form) would be pretty much same, and thus... fair.
    So you're saying there are pretty much the same other than the Worgen control their 2 forms. You're complaining about something aesthetic?

True That looks awsome And that's why my point was about casters who just don't fit into whole concept. Imagine a Worgen mage blinking away from a Rogue instead of going hand-to-hand with claws? Doesn't make much sense.

You know what else doesn't make sense, how a 2ft Gnome is any match for an Orc, Troll or Tauren