Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Idea for flare [NERF]

Flare shouldn't break stealth. Instead it should reveal stealthed targets in the flare area and allow them to be targeted - > attacked but it shouldn't break their stealth UNLESS you attack them. Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveralone View Post
    Flare shouldn't break stealth. Instead it should reveal stealthed targets in the flare area and allow them to be targeted - > attacked but it shouldn't break their stealth UNLESS you attack them. Discuss.
    u got CoS for it

sounds like a QQ post wanting to be a decent post for me

How are you being stealthy if you are fully visible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, nerf the only true anti-stealth ability...
    Vol'jin fanboy

Couldn't agree more Lyeranth.. but then agian I play a hunter :P

I'd support that
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

ROFL flare is fine, if anything it should be buffed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pande View Post
    ROFL flare is fine, if anything it should be buffed.
    Yep, it needs to fucking long to reach its target.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    How are you being stealthy if you are fully visible?
    I mean getting rid of a druids or rogues stealth abilities just because a flare flew over them or they tiptoed into it briefly is ridiculous. At least let a quick rogue be able to get a cheap shot if you are too slow to react and scatter, trap, ect.

Flare is shit anyway, last on the list for hunter things that need a nerf (except maybe the new aimed shot, wth is that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Deleted
    Im a hunter myself, sounds like a good idea but then i'd say increase the area of the flare. Since it only takes bout 0.5sec for a rogue to engage. Just a thought

Deleted
    idea for stealth [NERF]

lets rogues be visible even if in stealth
    /discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Boilingpoint View Post
    Yep, it needs to fucking long to reach its target.
    Even tho the animation doesnt show it landing, wherever you click is immediately affected by the flare effect.

To the OP: Your idea is dumb, and you are bad for complaining about something as unreliable as flare. I have rogues jump the flare to sap me WHILE I AM STANDING IN ITS CENTER, and get on my partner all the time in arena. L2P

I mean getting rid of a druids or rogues stealth abilities just because a flare flew over them or they tiptoed into it briefly is ridiculous. At least let a quick rogue be able to get a cheap shot if you are too slow to react and scatter, trap, ect.
    Umm... yes, it should do exactly that.
    Rogues get to open from stealth on every class except a Hunter who stands in the middle of their flare, and even then the range on rogue abilities stretch farther than the flare most times.
    If anything, flare's radius should be increased.
    There can only be one (flare per hunter) and if you're dumb enough to walk through it, you don't deserve to use your stealth abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasn't expecting much from this post but that really doesn't sound like too bad of an idea...at the same time though what would be the point of flare at all? a stealth going anywhere near a flare is like standing in the fire...just dont do it

my main is a feral druid and usually if i see a flare go out i'm gonna stay away from it. its meant to be a light that gets rid of shadows...and as far as i can tell, then a rogue or druid goes into stealth they are "slipping into the shadows"

of course hunter launch them and sometimes are lucky enough to ,and close enough to someone to break the stealth but thats very rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyaz View Post
    idea for stealth [NERF]

lets rogues be visible even if in stealth
    /discuss
    a good counter idea to this troll post.

srsly though, flare was alrdy nerfed, it starts working when it hits the ground. It used to start working as soon as you shot it.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Even tho the animation doesnt show it landing, wherever you click is immediately affected by the flare effect.
    this is bloody annoying for me as rogue.
    Getting out of stealth becouse there is going to be a flare is bull.
    so if they fix the animation, it's good

Deleted
    Flare nerf !? Not sure if serious. oO

Increase the radius, be sure they can be tab targeted. Possibly make the stealth noise paired with disabling pets from automatically attacking while set on Aggressive. The Nerf you're suggesting would probably work well then...

Since Flare wouldn't break stealth anymore, you'd still be able to use your openers while inside the flare area, pared with being able to leave the flare area and be re-stealthed immediately, your suggested Nerf would be a huge benefit to Stealth Classes. Increasing the radius of Flare would help to mitigate this benefit (since any idiot can sprint>sap 10 yards before the hunter has a chance to react), and the fact that you re-enter stealth once you leave the flare would make 10 yards a bit too small.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 12:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aksor View Post
    this is bloody annoying for me as rogue.
    Getting out of stealth becouse there is going to be a flare is bull.
    so if they fix the animation, it's good
    It was the source of much amusement when I dueled my friend's rogue as a hunter... He'd get very annoyed every time I guessed where he was...

I would say though, if they have it reveal things while it is traveling, it would probably serve more as a huge buff, Think a rogue is in a direction, throw the flare as far that way as possible and it'll cross his path somewhere.