Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindication View Post
    I guess you obviously don't know Lore.
    I don't delve into the sea area much

Side note: Why don't you try answering the question instead of taking a high horse stance

10+ Year Old Account
    the title of this thread is misleading. was expecting ideas for new expantion subjects.

OT: this idea is actually very good. would like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I don't delve into the sea area much

Side note: Why don't you try answering the question instead of taking a high horse stance
    I think what he's getting at is that the Tomb of Sargeras is in The Great Sea, and we could easily fight an Avatar of Sargeras.
    'Twilight's Hammer' is an anagram for "Siw tarme Hmgt Hil"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuldim Chieftan of Lolz View Post
    I think what he's getting at is that the Tomb of Sargeras is in The Great Sea, and we could easily fight an Avatar of Sargeras.
    Can't see that happenening really. The tomb collapsed and I can't see us fighting an avatar that was already killed

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Maybe they could meet half way and use the old ZG/ZA 3 day cooldown.
    maybe sounds like a reasonable time in between battles.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    I'm confused....didn't the op mention phasing? So...give people an option. If you want to help defend/attack, then it'll affect you. If you don't care about the attack, then it won't.
    great idea didnt think of it that way. cheers.

I really like your idea. So...i inscribe with a battlemaster for "Assault on the Horde", when X people are on queue from the attacking side a first countdown of 15min starts and you know which city is the target, then all members of the defending side receive a whisp/announcement/something that says "X is gathering to attack Y" to travel an defend the capital.

When the timer reaches zero the attacking raid will be teleported to the nearest graveyard/faction flight point/city gates. When the attackers kill the first guard a second timer starts with the name "Siege" and the description "Take the city before the reinforcements arrive", when this timer reaches zero a massive quantity of npc guards of the other races (If you attack Stormwind, the reinforcements will be dwarves, n.elves, worgen and gnomes) will spawn all over the city and the faction leader and all the nonpvp flagged npcs will turn immune for X hours.

The goal is to kill the most quantity of npcs within the city to prevent them from providing services to the faction.

A few points:

-Nonpvp flagged npcs that are killed during the siege will not spawn for several hours (6?).
    -Elite guards will drop much more gold during a Siege.
    -PvP flagged players that enter the city subzone can´t fly.
    -After you participate in a Siege puts a debuff that prevents you from queue in another Siege for X days (Like a pve raid cooldown).
    -If the faction leader is killed during the siege the spawntimer from nonpvp flagged npcs doubles and you receive faction bonuses to exp/reputation/honor/points/something.
    -When you kill a guard on a subzone of the city (Ex: Trade District on Stormwind) another one will spawnon on the other districts (Or something like this to make a crescendo in the obstacles).

We need some clarifications on the aerial defense of capital cities, i think an unmount debuff with a countdown in the zone would be better than air npc guards. Ex: Im a human flying over Durotar, when i enter the subzones of Orgrimmar, Echo Isles or Valley of Trials i get a debuff called "Horde Air Guard", its descriptions says "They´re coming for you! You will be dismounted in X secs", when the timer reaches zero an animation of a wyvern rider of random horde race will appear and unmount you.

Short of ideas for now =P
    Last edited by Meiwayero; 2010-09-29 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    the title of this thread is misleading. was expecting ideas for new expantion subjects.

OT: this idea is actually very good. would like to try it.
    all part of my master plan . and ty for the feed back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felpalidan View Post
    no.
    Thank you for your great participation.
    Your comment greatly contributed to the conversation and really has a chance to change the way people look at the subject.
    I again thank you, kind sir!

OT: This sounds awesome, though balancing it could be fairly difficult. Also UC vs IF, SW vs Org, TB vs Darna, and SM vs Exo seem like viable combo's to me. Perhaps even make it is that contested zones can be conquered during this event for buffs in the final assault?

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwayero View Post
    I really like your idea. So...i inscribe with a battlemaster for "Assault on the Horde", when X people are on queue from the attacking side a first countdown of 15min starts and you know which city is the target, then all members of the defending side receive a whisp/announcement/something that says "X is gathering to attack Y" to travel an defend the capital.

When the timer reaches zero the attacking raid will be teleported to the nearest graveyard/faction flight point/city gates. When the attackers kill the first guard a second timer starts with the name "Siege" and the description "Take the city before the reinforcements arrive", when this timer reaches zero a massive quantity of npc guards of the other races (If you attack Stormwind, the reinforcements will be dwarves, n.elves, worgen and gnomes) will spawn all over the city and the faction leader and all the nonpvp flagged npcs will turn immune for X hours.

The goal is to kill the most quantity of npcs within the city to prevent them from providing services to the faction.

-Nonpvp flagged npcs that are killed during the siege will not spawn for several hours (6?).
    -Elite guards will drop much more gold during a Siege.
    -PvP flagged players that enter the city subzone can´t fly.
    -After you participate in a Siege puts a debuff that prevents you from queue in another Siege for X days (Like a pve raid cooldown).
    -If the faction leader is killed during the siege the spawntimer from nonpvp flagged npcs doubles and you receive faction bonuses to exp/reputation/honor/points/something.
    -When you kill a guard on a subzone of the city (Ex: Trade District on Stormwind) another one will spawnon on the other districts (Or something like this to make a crescendo in the obstacles).

We need some clarifications on the aerial defense of capital cities, i think an unmount debuff with a countdown in the zone would be better than air npc guards. Ex: Im a human flying over Durotar, when i enter the subzones of Orgrimmar, Echo Isles or Valley of Trials i get a debuff called "Horde Air Guard", its descriptions says "They´re coming for you! You will be dismounted in X secs", when the timer reaches zero an animation of a wyvern rider of random horde race will appear and unmount you.

Short of ideas for now =P
    great thoughts mate sounds like what i was saying but i see what you added in as well. i mentioned airial combat for the zeplin factor. could be used on like TB to open a gate of some sort then be disabled afterwards. sort of like the zeplin in isle of conquest but it should disapear afterwards. and yes i agree fully with the non flying in citys during the raid. my entire reasoning behind this post is to get people to have some pride faction other than i hate horde because im an alliance so bleh! no its to stop the For the alliance raids that just make a bum rush for the leader and then port out and go to another city. this makes the immersion factor of being apart of your race something meaningful and something to fight for. how many times have you seen this in trade: "horde raid on darnassus need a counter raid pst for inv" "dude shut the fuck up get out of trade Darnassus is for noobs let the elfs die." is that what blizz was shooting for when they made rival factions?

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Thank you for your great participation.
    Your comment greatly contributed to the conversation and really has a chance to change the way people look at the subject.
    I again thank you, kind sir!

OT: This sounds awesome, though balancing it could be fairly difficult. Also UC vs IF, SW vs Org, TB vs Darna, and SM vs Exo seem like viable combo's to me. Perhaps even make it is that contested zones can be conquered during this event for buffs in the final assault?
    i had one of those ideas were the citys were actually contested and that the oposing city would have full control over it like in WG but it just wouldnt work for the lowbies in that area. like if my raid captured UC the forsaken in that area would loose out on a quest hub for some time and make it inconvenient. other than that the outside areas that you spoke of for a buff would have to work both ways. for example of the defence defends a tower and lets say a farm area and something else they get a buff to their HP and gain resources to help in the battle. TBH with all the feedback im getting from you guys this sounds like it can be made into an epic fucking battle. well done everyone =).

Cities and faction leaders are awesome, world pvp is fun, we need a siege option in the game, the problem as always is abuses, bugs, balance, etc. I hope we can come with a viable idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    i had one of those ideas were the citys were actually contested and that the oposing city would have full control over it like in WG but it just wouldnt work for the lowbies in that area. like if my raid captured UC the forsaken in that area would loose out on a quest hub for some time and make it inconvenient. other than that the outside areas that you spoke of for a buff would have to work both ways. for example of the defence defends a tower and lets say a farm area and something else they get a buff to their HP and gain resources to help in the battle. TBH with all the feedback im getting from you guys this sounds like it can be made into an epic fucking battle. well done everyone =).
    A fix for the city overtaking could be to phase the entire event for lvl caps only. That way balancing wont be as hard anymore, capped players can do all the stuff for their lvl in other cities that still belong to their own faction and the lowbies will still see the overtaken city in it's normal way shape and form.

Only problem is the contested zones, as Azeroth is cluttered with them, the battle would be taking place all over the freaking world. Perhaps a better way would be to only allow the fastest route of travel to be part of the entire battle (i.e. SW vs Org would include STV, Darkshore and Northern Barrens as conquerable objectives for a buff for the final assault). This would also make balacing everything a lot easier. It'll be much the AB where taking a point will increase your amount of points income which will result in more npc's and vehicles to join the battle on your factions side.

At the same time because you're cornering the opposing faction they could receive a proximity buff. Like increased SP, AP, Stam etc.

Just a couple of more suggestions :P

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Nightmares

Emerald Dream and the Rift of Aln. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    A fix for the city overtaking could be to phase the entire event for lvl caps only. That way balancing wont be as hard anymore, capped players can do all the stuff for their lvl in other cities that still belong to their own faction and the lowbies will still see the overtaken city in it's normal way shape and form.

Only problem is the contested zones, as Azeroth is cluttered with them, the battle would be taking place all over the freaking world. Perhaps a better way would be to only allow the fastest route of travel to be part of the entire battle (i.e. SW vs Org would include STV, Darkshore and Northern Barrens as conquerable objectives for a buff for the final assault). This would also make balacing everything a lot easier. It'll be much the AB where taking a point will increase your amount of points income which will result in more npc's and vehicles to join the battle on your factions side.

At the same time because you're cornering the opposing faction they could receive a proximity buff. Like increased SP, AP, Stam etc.

Just a couple of more suggestions :P
    agreeable and very good suggestions.

i dont like it some servers 1 of the factions would never have a city...EVER. i thinks theres 1 US server thats only 10% alliance and 90% horde. that wouldnt be right. and for this to happen blizzard would need to forcable make server transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds too much like aion

OT: since we dont really know how cataclysm is going to end, or even what is going to unfold during it, its hard to even wonder what could be coming next.

based off of what we know now though we still have azshara to deal with (shes too big a villain to just give a patch as well as the burning legion (kil'jaeden and sargeras)

im sure kil'jeaden is pretty pissed off that we stopped him from entering azeroth and sargeras is already pissed off that he got lost in the void.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i dont like it some servers 1 of the factions would never have a city...EVER. i thinks theres 1 US server thats only 10% alliance and 90% horde. that wouldnt be right. and for this to happen blizzard would need to forcable make server transfers.
    yes i can see how that is a problem on a lot of servers but they can always fix this to where each city will get a buff extra defenses extra attacking strength and the opponent will get a debuff also if one side is more favorable than the other kind of like the WG element they implemented to sort of even it out. its doable but some servers could just be fucked for one side if its a 10%-90% deal.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    sounds too much like aion

OT: since we dont really know how cataclysm is going to end, or even what is going to unfold during it, its hard to even wonder what could be coming next.

based off of what we know now though we still have azshara to deal with (shes too big a villain to just give a patch as well as the burning legion (kil'jaeden and sargeras)

im sure kil'jeaden is pretty pissed off that we stopped him from entering azeroth and sargeras is already pissed off that he got lost in the void.
    yeh guys sorry i dont play any of these aions warhammer online or anything else besides WoW really. i used to play a lil runescape when i was 10 but thats it...

OT: ofc i understand how we dont know the ending yet i mean we only found out about LK dying after ToC was over so yeh i understand the story can change. but the fact is the horde and alliance war will never be over. look at the goblin starting zone cinematic blizz just put in the beta [SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS STOP READING RIGHT HERE]

the alliance was after a horde person and basically killed anyone in their path including the goblins who were escaping the island resulting in their deaths and what not. anyways the hate is still there on both ends and this seems like weree going back to the time were the fued was strong. i mean look both factions are building their defences everywere around the world in prep for war and such.