Thread: About chats

About chats

So why did Blizzard remove the LFG-channel from areas outside of citys? Would have been handy to keep it open while leveling alt when some raids starts to happen. This weird change actually made people start raids in trade channel. Now people don't even use the LFG- or General -channels since they can link achievements for instances they want to gather people into and talk crap as much as they want on the same channel where people do trade. Pretty lame imo.

Why not just make one channel then, if nobody cares? ...or simply just put it back to the good old way?

I hope they make the LFG-CHANNEL work outside of citys and remove achievement-links from TRADE-channel and delete the Dungeon Finder when Cataclysm comes. These things make people act half-assed and rude.

Just my two cents

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:42 PM ----------

Oh yeah, actually earlier today while playing with my alt I saw some chat and that made me think about this...

Last edited by Epicachu; 2010-09-29 at 08:41 PM.

I guess based on your sig I should just assume you are trolling, but I'll post this anyhow.

1) The dungeon finder tool is one of the best things to happen to the game... period. Even as pure DPS a 15 minute wait pales in comparison to the hours many use to spend sitting in a city trying to find a group.

2) Global chat channels = constant spam and stupidity. Take trade chat x 100

3) People form raids in trade because the channel is the most populated. Want to fill up your raid the fastest? Use the channel the most people are looking at. Removing achievment links won't do anything.

I like trolls, but changed it now

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    1) The dungeon finder tool is one of the best things to happen to the game... period. Even as pure DPS a 15 minute wait pales in comparison to the hours many use to spend sitting in a city trying to find a group.
    Well, yes when the game is nothing but farming emblems/gear. I do understand this point, but my opinion is still that the world (and game) is still way more enjoyable and social when you have more interaction with other players from your server. And people couldn't act like jerks all the time since they can get away with it just like that.

2) Global chat channels = constant spam and stupidity. Take trade chat x 100
    These people I can allways put to ignore.

3) People form raids in trade because the channel is the most populated. Want to fill up your raid the fastest? Use the channel the most people are looking at. Removing achievment links won't do anything.
    Very true, but still I have no clue why achvs can be shown on Trade, but not in General. o.O