Red face a viable way to make searing totem work

So, i was thinking and i came up with making searing totem work like fire nova, let me explain. Instead of making searing totem a specific totem make it an ability available on all fire totems (well maybe not all, balancing issues) similar to how fire nova was a specific totem then became an acitve ability.

It would work like this you would drop a fire totem, pick a target and click the ability searing strikes (name dosent matter). whatever your target was at that time ur totem will begin to shoot those searing flames at it until it dies or you switch targets and repress searing strikes. the totem should also have a way to see the target of your target when clicking the totem, so in a raid when ur spammin buttons u can make sure u set it to which ever target u wanted.

this fix would also allow for an increase in range of the totem without it pulling everything and without giving it a complete pet bar.

what do u guys/gals think?
    Last edited by aldar; 2010-09-30 at 01:18 AM.

Or they could just give us an ability that allows us to pick it's target by us having the mob targetted and pressing whatever the ability would be called.. then the totem wouldn't ever switch if we didn't want it to (on things like fast add burns you'd want the totem to stay on the main target to build searing flames stacks, not switch to the add because you stormstriked or flame shocked it). I'd personally rather not deal with any fail solution they come up with and just have an ability that sets it's target myself. I want to be in complete control of what it attacks and when.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 2010-09-30 at 12:04 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    An easy way would be to have an ability which chooses the target for the searing totem and it would be off the GCD...

Deleted
    An easy way would be removing searing totem since its old and retarded mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Farcow View Post
    An easy way would be removing searing totem since its old and retarded mechanic.
    Yes cause removing Ele's only viable DPS totem (Thats not on a CD) is smart...

Can't searing totem be a mini version of fire elemental totem, summoning a small (very clever) little pet, obviously a tiny cute fire elemental, who follows you and shoot bolts at your target. :>>

Biggest hit tied to an immobile, low hp, stupid, low ranged tool requiring a 10 second ramp up time, clearly a superior mechanic!
    "It's a hard climb up
    and an easy fall back down
    WF is sex leg" - Shockrates on Enhancement PvP
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kob View Post
    Can't searing totem be a mini version of fire elemental totem, summoning a small (very clever) little pet, obviously a tiny cute fire elemental, who follows you and shoot bolts at your target. :>>

Biggest hit tied to an immobile, low hp, stupid, low ranged tool requiring a 10 second ramp up time, clearly a superior mechanic!
    I agree with you, but every time i have mentioned it being turned into a small ele. I have been boo'd by the anti pet people. Seems people don't realise a stick is harder to deal with than a semi pet.

This work of art was made by Paz.

they really need to change searing totem, its like blizzards been ignoring us for some time now.... its not hard just increase the range and make a way for us to control the totem, is that too much to ask for? considering that what they are pushing us to use it(elemental shamans).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsonz View Post
    considering that what they are pushing us to use it(elemental shamans).
    not just elemental. i fact, i would say its even more important for enhance they want to shove it (the worse mechanic EVER) down our throats AND waste 5 talent points in the proccess

Quote Originally Posted by Farcow View Post
    at least for enhance... or make it a secondary ability and remove searing flames mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by xraid View Post
    An easy way would be to have an ability which chooses the target for the searing totem and it would be off the GCD...
    ^Yep, said this all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
    ^Yep, said this all along.
    This makes the most sense and would definitely make life a little bit easier with a "selective control" if you will.
    And oh hi, Autonomy

Quote Originally Posted by Lionello View Post
    This makes the most sense and would definitely make life a little bit easier with a "selective control" if you will.
    And oh hi, Autonomy
    Ohai, you're not in game much anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might be easier as people have said to just scrap the totem and make its effect have a chance of happening from flameshock ticks or something, would solve all the shit targeting issues and the range issues and pretty much all the issues.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.