The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Casting Corruption as Demo in Cata

Not sure why but ive been seeing alot of people talking about not casting corruption as demo. With the passive bonus we get from our talents +15% damage to fire and shadow, and demon soul at 85 and dots scaling with our haste and crit, not sure why we wouldnt cast corruption. I kno people r saying that we would only cast it while moving like destro becuz it doesnt scale as well anymore and doesnt give us any more Molten Core procs. But i still think the passive damage from our talents would be enuf to add in our rotation.

It depends purely on whether or not it's damage per casting time is better then shadow bolt's, and it isn't in live. The only reason that it is cast in live is because Molten Core requires it. I actually appreciate the fact that Blizz is removing this superfluous spell from the demo rotation, the live rotation is more then a little schizophrenic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I hate when they take dots out of our rotation. Imo, corruption should receive a few nice little buffs lower on in the demo tree. Ive always wanted to see Fel Corruption make its way into the Warlock arsenal. Personally Id love to see a talent that says something like "Your Corruption ascends into Fel Corruption, making it worth the global to cast it despite the drop of molten core." Though, I also don't like the MC change, it makes the execute feel hinky.

As a Warlock I love dots though. If I could have it my way every spec would still have at least four debuffs to keep up.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

With the change to Molten Core, I'd think they wanted it out. Demo rotation is already a lot, moreso than Affliction 3.0. So it's expected they'd reduce it. Although the changes to Molten Core makes it more trivial for demo warlocks in pvp AND during execute phase. Still clunky in PVE. They need to address this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Testing it in both PTR and Beta, I like it out. The rotation seemed too frantic with it in.
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Shadowbolt does clearly less damage per cast time than the new scaling corruption. It is firmly a part of demo rotation on the PTR and beta. Blizzard has not said anything about removing it either.

The first thing to fix in demo rotation is making the window for HoG immolate refresh bigger.
    Last edited by 6kle; 2010-09-30 at 05:36 AM.

Sadly my dps was noticeably higher with it in. In both demo and destro.

Destro is not nearly as simple as it was either. Now for max dps you have to weave in the odd sbolt too to keep the +5% crit debuff up, along with keeping BoD, CoE, Corr, Immo on target and Conflag and chaos bolt, glyphed with 8 and 10sec CDs respectively.