Poll: Like or dislike

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This would be annoying.

never thought about this.. but its a very good idea

It really is not a good idea.
    If Blizzard implemented this then everyone would think "Oh neat!" for about an hour and then realise how impractical and time-wasting it is and start complaining.

Definitely a nice idea and I like it, but it would have its times when it gets really annoying having to fly at a lower speed while flying upwards.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

cool! love this idea!

I'd rather just graphical changes for the wing flapping. Flapping 100% going up, soaring 100% going down, and a mix of both flying normal. But I agree that it should be double tap for going from ground to flying.

I also like this idea. Realistically, this makes sense, but how it is now... not so much. Now maybe if every mount had rockets, that would make plenty of sense haha.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has someone been playing Aion???

I think the ideas they used for dive and rise were cool, especially because aerial combat was a staple of the game.

As far as 'primary skills' while flying... I think this could be achieved BUT only in certain zones, and it would have to be a different bar (like shapeshifting) when you mount that only allows you to use your 'class aerial' abilities, which were different than or modified class abilities.

sock

Nice idea - I'd also like if flying mounts glided more often. How often do you see big flying creatures in real life that flap all the time? Rarely - they glide for long periods.

I know someone will say this isn't real life, but why even in a fantasy game would creatures with huge wings not be able to glide? It would look much better, and flight path gryphons tend to glide a lot.

Deleted
    If you wanted this implimented, then you'd have to get it so land mounts get fatigued if they're running too long, or when you're low level and running every where you'd need to stop and rest to build up your running bar or you'd just stop and collapse on the floor from exhaustion and wouldn't be able to move for a certain period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by archaenjil View Post
    its just a shame that blizzard would never see this post lol
    I once suggested the ability to go down on your flying mount (seriously - they were the words I used).

Within a month, as part of another patch - a 'down' ability was added to flying mounts.

My suggestion - think about it a bit more, solidify what you are asking for - and post it on the real forums

Deleted
    aerial pvp in tol barad

Reasonable idea IMO, but not something that bothers me either way.

they could implement whole falcon4.0 mechanics into the mounts

Deleted
    I would love this brillant idea. Flying would finally give some joy and would be more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    If you wanted this implimented, then you'd have to get it so land mounts get fatigued if they're running too long, or when you're low level and running every where you'd need to stop and rest to build up your running bar or you'd just stop and collapse on the floor from exhaustion and wouldn't be able to move for a certain period of time.
    I actually kinda like that idea haha

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Legalt View Post
    I also like this idea. Realistically, this makes sense, but how it is now... not so much. Now maybe if every mount had rockets, that would make plenty of sense haha.
    You could have a can of beans ability to use on your mount that would speed them up xD haha

that's actually pretty cool, give some time for people zooming upward on their flyer to be caught, while also making dropping down to pick an herb or land dramatically quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.