Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So let me get this straight, come 4.0.1 all the emblems and honor get converted to the new shit, so how do we buy the WOTLK shit? or is it optional if we want to convert it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Well if I understand it corrrectly there will be another patch after 4.01 (4.02 or 4.03?)that will not be the fullblown cata release but still introduces the changes to Azeroth with the new and revamped zones etc. After that cata will be released in full so the december prediction fits well in that time frame.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 10:51 AM ----------

If you read GCs post carefully he says that they are prepared to release 4.01 even if there is 1 week left on season 8 as he doesn't think it will impact ratings much.
    if you still think december is still relevant after this, your a bit silly honestly. December won't ever come it will be November or January not in between. because December is a terrible time to release things such as Cataclysm a lot of people will be doing family stuff and most people wouldn't buy anything when christmas is so close, that's why. and also if you did read the post, or whatever 4.0.3 will be a few days before Cata not months
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    That's not what I was asking about. If the cap was staying at 4k all the way to 85, you'd essentially be wasting justice points after 4.0.3 seeing that you cannot go over the 4k cap, but you' most likely aquire some more JP raiding and also in cata dungeons.

Thats the pount in the cap, you won't be able to build a huge amount of jp, to get a head start. And you will earn jp in cata only in heroic dungoens. And thats about the time you'll spend your jp on items anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    if you still think december is still relevant after this, your a bit silly honestly. December won't ever come it will be November or January not in between. because December is a terrible time to release things such as Cataclysm a lot of people will be doing family stuff and most people wouldn't buy anything when christmas is so close, that's why. and also if you did read the post, or whatever 4.0.3 will be a few days before Cata not months
    Not only that, but also it seems like a really bad idea to me to launch an expansion 10-ish days before pretty much all the staff over at Blizzard goes out for the holiday break; it would be a disaster and nobody wants to see a "servers are offline" message throughout that time. Even if it pains me, they should just wait til January if it's not ready for a November launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    So let me get this straight, come 4.0.1 all the emblems and honor get converted to the new shit, so how do we buy the WOTLK shit? or is it optional if we want to convert it?

Of course the cost of the items get converted too. So you'll be able to buy the WOTLK items with the "new shit".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    Not only that, but also it seems like a really bad idea to me to launch an expansion 10-ish days before pretty much all the staff over at Blizzard goes out for the holiday break; it would be a disaster and nobody wants to see a "servers are offline" message throughout that time. Even if it pains me, they should just wait til January if it's not ready for a November launch.
    the only thing worst then Angry Customers, is Angry Stakeholders who were told about a Q4 2010 Release...and didn't get one..
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

the only thing worst then Angry Customers, is Angry Stakeholders who were told about a Q4 2010 Release...and didn't get one..
    Sure, but angry customers = potentially lower revenues = potentially even angrier stockholders. Depends which way they want to go..

Deleted
    I have said all along that December is a bad month to release an expansion and it therefore might be postponed to January if they don't make the November deadline. However, if believe that Boub's prediction is right (he is almost always right on these matters) then the time frame fits well into a December release.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    what I'm curious about and what I haven't read about yet, is what will happen with the vendors of lower Tier items.
    I try to collect tier sets for alts: will the Emblem of Conquest vendor and it's items still be in the game for example? and what will happen with the price of depreciated armor tokens post Cata?
    (i.e. the T8 helmet token currently costs 58 Emblem of Conquest)

will those items cost:
    - the same amount of Justice points no matter what the current Tier is, or
    - a lower amount of Justice points (like with BC Arena sets), or
    - will their price be converted to gold?

depending it may be better for me to buy those old Tier items pre-cata, because I have some low emblems left and they'll be converted to gold
    Last edited by Krullthor; 2010-09-30 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typos

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

Deleted
    Patch 4.0.1 before season end ? Niceone FailCrawler

Deleted
    Patch 4.0.1 live before season end ? NICEONE FAIL CRAWLER

Do I have this straight?

With the early October patch 4.0.1 our Triumph and Frosts will be converted to Justice Points which buy blue gear which can't be used to level 85. You'll be making your choices based on anticipated need because anything over the cap of 4000 JPs will turn to small amounts of silver with patch 4.0.3. We'll then sit on those blues we can't wear until Cata hits and we can level to 85. Which means we run the risk of replacing them with drops, crafted, and reputation rewards.

It seems to me that I patch 4.0.3 must come after folks have had time to level, right?

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    Sure, but angry customers = potentially lower revenues = potentially even angrier stockholders. Depends which way they want to go..
    WoW players will buy the expansion whether it's this year or next so that's not really a valid point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Do I have this straight?

With the early October patch 4.0.1 our Triumph and Frosts will be converted to Justice Points which buy blue gear which can't be used to level 85. You'll be making your choices based on anticipated need because anything over the cap of 4000 JPs will turn to small amounts of silver with patch 4.0.3. We'll then sit on those blues we can't wear until Cata hits and we can level to 85. Which means we run the risk of replacing them with drops, crafted, and reputation rewards.

It seems to me that I patch 4.0.3 must come after folks have had time to level, right?
    currently on the beta you need to be lvl 85 to buy those items from the vendors

Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    what I'm curious about and what I haven't read about yet, is what will happen with the vendors of lower Tier items.
    I try to collect tier sets for alts: will the Emblem of Conquest vendor and it's items still be in the game for example? and what will happen with the price of depreciated armor tokens post Cata?
    (i.e. the T8 helmet token currently costs 58 Emblem of Conquest)

will those items cost:
    - the same amount of Justice points no matter what the current Tier is, or
    - a lower amount of Justice points (like with BC Arena sets), or
    - will their price be converted to gold?

depending it may be better for me to buy those old Tier items pre-cata, because I have some low emblems left and they'll be converted to gold
    As far as I know they will still be there.. atleast they are still there on the ptr last I looked.

Do I have this straight?

4.0.3 will go live before the expansion is released. With the 4000 JP cap this only allows you to buy 1 or 2 items once you hit level 85.....you can't buy the gear till you reach the level. The blues will be equivalent to level 85 heroic blue drops.

Do I have this straight?

Frost/Triumph are being converted into Justice Points. Anything buyable with badges now will also have their costs converted into Justice Points. Level 85 blues will also cost Justice Points... so you have a choice on if you want to buy lvl 80 stuff (or primordials and whatnot) with JP or wait until Level 85 to get a head start on gear for heroics. You are thinking JP are only usable at 85 which is incorrect. This change is not that difficult people...

Do I have this straight?

Patch 4.0.1 (biggest part of the patch being the changes to classes) ---> Patch 4.0.3 (biggest part being the change of all the old zones but keeping the 80+ zones locked) ---> Cataclysm (level cap 85 and all level 80+ content unlocked)

This is how it should go from what we know

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    gifv new patch so can get tier 10 on my every alt rofl.Gg blizzard for more welfare epix and i never even touched icc.Already 4/5 t10 on main.

And plox gifv new streaming client.Was playing ptr after downloading 200 mb. 3mb/s dl speed ftw.
    Good for you. btw.. 4/5 "already" isn't exactly fast considering that ICC been out for a good 10 months. Most people have been gearing their alts in atleast ilvl251 t10 several months ago.

The wording that Ghostcrawler used is a bit confusing. The arena season is definitely ending on the 12th and I think he means to say since the patch goes live when the season ends they won't be affect ratings or titles. And the nerf to the bg's is to compensate for the imbalance in numbers before the damage pass that will occur once we hit 85. Using that logic expect a Oct.12th patch.