Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I expect it 2 weeks after a few emergency patches afters the US gets it at 5 Oct. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's the patch i am so sick of ICC... I feel like a drug addict and i keep going back to the needle (ICC).

Its impossible to have the arena season finish a week after its released? Although the 12th looks more accurate, I'm sure we'd all love to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by mordras View Post
    Say what?
    Season 4 End Date: 10/14/2008 http://www.wowwiki.com/Season_4_Arena_rewards
    3.0.2 Release Date: 10/14/2008 http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.0.2
    Ok so he was a little off on that one. But his point is correct. He just had the wrong patch.

Patch 3.3 Release Date: 12/08/2009 http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.3
    End of Season 7: 01/19/2010 http://www.wowwiki.com/Season_7_Arena_rewards[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 12:46 PM ----------

Edit: Yeah I know this is a little different since its an expansion patch and is a MAJOR reworking of the mechanics. But it shows that a patch is not required to end an arena season.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2010-09-30 at 07:47 PM.

so i dont quite get it. will 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 change the achievements system? SO do i have to farm all the achievments changed to feasts of strength before 4.0.1 or 4.0.3?

Awesome, wow definitely needs the new patch; content right now is incredibly boring.

so i dont quite get it. will 4.0.1 or 4.0.3 change the achievements system? SO do i have to farm all the achievments changed to feasts of strength before 4.0.1 or 4.0.3?
    Either way i would hurry up and start farming them right away. You don't have long!

I've pointed this out before, but doesn't the current build on the PTR in most other patch scenarios have a (Test-Release) next to build number on lower left of the screen before it goes live? I'm pretty sure we've got at least one extra build to go then before patch goes live.

I've noticed that with large patches they usually do them a week apart for NA vs WORLD. But would not the streaming go live PRIOR (i.e. 1 week) to the patches actual release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, usually there is a "release" after the build number. This *may* be an interesting exception, though, since the PTR build is, essentially, the same build as Beta (with content switched off). If the Beta client is not labeled for "Release", I don't know if the PTR client will be.

And, no, the streaming would not need to launch early. The point of the streaming client is that you can install it and run the new files with little download time.

I am not saying it will launch this coming Tuesday, but if it does not, it will definitely be next, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolaum View Post
    I've noticed that with large patches they usually do them a week apart for NA vs WORLD. But would not the streaming go live PRIOR (i.e. 1 week) to the patches actual release?
    As far as I can remember they've only ever done a week-delayed patch for the EU for 3.3.5, using US as the guinea pigs to make sure LFD didn't destroy the servers. Still, if they deplay 4.0.1 a week late for the EU I'll be a very sad panda

cant we please have Cata at first dec! I know you read this Ghostcrawler/Blizzard!

Deleted
    US site now says "Available soon". Dunno if anyone mentioned this. EU still says 13th.
    Last edited by mmocac610ba31b; 2010-10-01 at 12:02 AM.

I'm guessing 4.0 will be (has to be!) at the same time as the end of the arena season (i.e. October 12th). It really makes no sense otherwise and would be a terrible mistake.

I'm not sure but I think the stream client is for trials only they get to test it and its not saying 4.0.1 will release with it but instead a trial will get to test the feature earlier than the patch but I'm probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    US site now says "Available soon". Dunno if anyone mentioned this. EU still says 13th.
    EU now says "Available soon" too. Can they make up their minds?

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    EU now says "Available soon" too. Can they make up their minds?
    Actually both the US and the EU site either say "soon" or "October 13th" depending what language you use. Just click through the diifferent options.