Thread: Release order?

Release order?

Hi

I am a bit unsure about the release order..

Before Cataclysm actually hit us, how much of the new content is available?

In previously patches we gotten the new talents, etc. before the expansions actually hit us.
    How will it work this time around?

From what I heard they do release the "new" Azeroth before the Cataclysm expansion.
    But you will need to buy Cata in order to create Worgen/Goblin.

Anyone know a detailed, or just know what stuff will be available before cata comes in the stores.

This thread is new and exciting.

Ontopic 4.0.3 patch ( Somthing on the lines of that) Will include the WORLD changes. 4.0.1 has the class changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyko View Post
    This thread is new and exciting.

Ontopic 4.0.3 patch ( Somthing on the lines of that) Will include the WORLD changes. 4.0.1 has the class changes.
    and that WHEN cata comes..then i mean the code you write and you can play worgen and goblins and gnomes and trolls new starting area and all that other stuff..
    i think

4.0.1 is coming in a week or two. It will have the class, talent and currency changes.
    4.0.2 is saved incase of an emergency patch to fix something.
    4.0.3 will have the old world changes and it will implement the new zones.

Cataclysm will contain the new class/race combos and the new races, and it will unlock the new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    4.0.1 is coming in a week or two. It will have the class, talent and currency changes.

Cataclysm will contain the new class/race combos and the new races, and it will unlock the new zones.
    Wrong

Patch 4.0.1: Cataclysm Systems - OUT IN A WEEK OR TWO
    As the Cataclysm draws ever closer, patch 4.0.1 will pave the way for the transition into the latest expansion. Players will gain access to a host of new systems features.

* Classes: revamped talent trees, updated hunter pet system, new druid, hunter, paladin, and warlock resources, new Mastery stat
    * User Interface: improved Spellbook, new Guild display options, updated PvP interface, expanded and enhanced Professions tab
    * Systems: glyph updates including all-new Prime glyphs, new Reforging ability to customize item stats, new PvP and PvE currency system
    * And much more!

Patch 4.0.3: The Shattering _ OUT SOMETIME BETWEEN 4.0.1 and CATA
    Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!
    NO LOOT FOR YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post

Thanks for this info, it was partly what I was searching for. =)

Quote Originally Posted by mcfootball79 View Post
    Wrong

As the Cataclysm draws ever closer, patch 4.0.1 will pave the way for the transition into the latest expansion. Players will gain access to a host of new systems features.

* Classes: revamped talent trees, updated hunter pet system, new druid, hunter, paladin, and warlock resources, new Mastery stat
    * User Interface: improved Spellbook, new Guild display options, updated PvP interface, expanded and enhanced Professions tab
    * Systems: glyph updates including all-new Prime glyphs, new Reforging ability to customize item stats, new PvP and PvE currency system
    * And much more!

Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!
    Despite the fact that he didn't say "glyph and UI systems".....how was he wrong? It actually looks pretty spot on as to what you posted too. Just different word order

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    Despite the fact that he didn't say "glyph and UI systems".....how was he wrong? It actually looks pretty spot on as to what you posted too. Just different word order
    He wanted to feel right methinks.

So if that is right, the patch with the new world and talents etc. comes when arena season ends right? Whivh is in a few days from now..

Quote Originally Posted by mcfootball79 View Post
    Wrong

* And much more!

Lol seriously? because he didnt list the entire patch notes hes wrong in your book?.

He was right about everything, the OP didnt ask for an in depth review just when the new talent changes and world changes would come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    He said the new race/class combos required Cataclysm, which is wrong. But he was mostly right. :/

So much flaming... however...
    I would still like a small update on this matter, about upcoming patches and their main content.
    As my understanding goes next patch will containt a pre cata event, cities getting attacked by elements and the world as we know it "Azeroth" will be transformed in that patch also. (4.0.3)

Then the next patch will be the cataclysm itself, where ppl finally are able to upgrade their accounts to cata accs and new profession unlocked, as well as class combos and new races will be unlocked here as well.

Is this right? if not please correct me.
    If some of you got more information on this matter I would love to know. =)
    I do follow the front page, but it update much faster now than usual imo, and i lost track of all the things and the release order of patches most of all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DraCurse View Post
    So much flaming... however...
    I would still like a small update on this matter, about upcoming patches and their main content.
    As my understanding goes next patch will containt a pre cata event, cities getting attacked by elements and the world as we know it "Azeroth" will be transformed in that patch also. (4.0.3)

Then the next patch will be the cataclysm itself, where ppl finally are able to upgrade their accounts to cata accs and new profession unlocked, as well as class combos and new races will be unlocked here as well.

Is this right? if not please correct me.
    If some of you got more information on this matter I would love to know. =)
    I do follow the front page, but it update much faster now than usual imo, and i lost track of all the things and the release order of patches most of all...
    4.0.3 and Cataclysm are the same patch. However the Cataclysm-only content (new zones, worgen/goblins, flying in Azeroth, etc.) will not be available until you upgrade your account to Cataclysm, which of course cannot happen until it's released.