Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin solo'ing. (Is it possible)

Currently on my paladin I can solo just about all the wrath heroics,MC,ZG,etc. Yesterday I saw a video of a prot pally soling magtheridon so after a few hours of trial and error I got that down. My next goal is to go for a 10 man sartharion solo.( with help clearing trash/drakes of course) I just wanted some feedback on the possibility. I know a DK has done it before, but not sure about a prot paladin.If you do think this is possible then what tips about gear choice would u have, about respecing, enchanting, gemming , strat. K thanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Azraelius <-- my armory link

Quote Originally Posted by azraelius View Post
    Currently on my paladin I can solo just about all the wrath heroics,MC,ZG,etc. Yesterday I saw a video of a prot pally soling magtheridon so after a few hours of trial and error I got that down. My next goal is to go for a 10 man sartharion solo.( with help clearing trash/drakes of course) I just wanted some feedback on the possibility. I know a DK has done it before, but not sure about a prot paladin.If you do think this is possible then what tips about gear choice would u have, about respecing, enchanting, gemming , strat. K thanks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Azraelius <-- my armory link
    You have 1 week to do it. Good luck.

Sartharion has an enrage timer.

*edit* I came up with 2789 dps needed, Tho i have never in my life calculated anything like that.
    Last edited by Lillders; 2010-09-30 at 01:23 PM.

Yeah mate you'll be fine all you have to do is smash the keyboard with your face since paladins faceroll everyone

strike one! in this game, with the next strike you are out
    Last edited by iktankniet; 2010-09-30 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Glitchers View Post
    Yeah mate you'll be fine all you have to do is smash the keyboard with your face since paladins faceroll everyone
    http://instantrimshot.com/

Thank you, thank you.
    He'll be here all night.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure it's possible as a pally (but I could be wrong, I am most of the time) I know a DK has solo'd Sarth 10, but that was using a massivly tweaked build, with insane self healing abilities, abilities a pally just doesn't have, I think your problem would come from the high(-ish) magic damage from her breaths, and the ability to get her down before enrage.

but gogo prove me wrong!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

if you killed magtheridon solo as prot paladin and didnt hit the enrage, sartharion should be a walk in the park if you equip some dps trinkets/toc dps libram etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    not sure it's possible as a pally (but I could be wrong, I am most of the time) I know a DK has solo'd Sarth 10, but that was using a massivly tweaked build, with insane self healing abilities, abilities a pally just doesn't have, I think your problem would come from the high(-ish) magic damage from her breaths, and the ability to get her down before enrage.

but gogo prove me wrong!
    This always drives me nuts, is it really that hard to remember the gender of a boss?

--

As long as JoL is healing you enough, you have FR Aura up, and youve really solo'd what you claim, then it should be fine. I didn't watch the whole DK vid, but you certainly should be able to get those adds down pretty fast.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

but gogo prove me wrong!
    I dunno, i think a protribution idea, might actually be able to pull it off.

Make good use of the corroded skeleton key and seal/judge of light and you can probably do it. The DPS requirement is nothing, any tank can do 3k dps. Though you will be hampered a lot by the seal you need to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Make good use of the corroded skeleton key and seal/judge of light and you can probably do it. The DPS requirement is nothing, any tank can do 3k dps. Though you will be hampered a lot by the seal you need to use.
    Modify your spec specifically to beat the fight. I think you'll do fine if you do that honestly.

I don't think we have enough self healing for the fight. Jol really isn't going to be enough.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    Lack of short CDs to counter Sarth's CDs will mean he will eventually catch you with your pants down and kill you.
    I do prefer paladin soloing though, having done both it and DK soloing a rather long time. It's less maintenancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    This always drives me nuts, is it really that hard to remember the gender of a boss?
    Sarth is female, so no, it's not that hard to remember the gender.

and yeah didn't think about Protribution, that could actually work pretty well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

No, Sartharion is a male. All females of the Black Dragonflight have names that end in a, all the males have names that end in n. Nefarian, Sabelian, Neltharion, Sartharion, Kalaran. All male.

I had tried to solo Sarth on my paladin, but there is a certain problem with a trash mob. The Obsidian Sanctum Guardian, the big guys that travel in pairs, they wont die because of their stupid curse. So I was standing there fighting two of those Gaurdians for half an hour, trying to wait for the curse to drop to attack again and everything, wasn't working, they put the curse on almost right away. Nothing was dieing, me nor them, so I just left.
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

Deleted

Id be scared to bump into a woman whod sound like Sartharion o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    I had tried to solo Sarth on my paladin, but there is a certain problem with a trash mob. The Obsidian Sanctum Guardian, the big guys that travel in pairs, they wont die because of their stupid curse. So I was standing there fighting two of those Gaurdians for half an hour, trying to wait for the curse to drop to attack again and everything, wasn't working, they put the curse on almost right away. Nothing was dieing, me nor them, so I just left.
    He's getting help with the thrash ofcourse, like he said.

Deleted

Sartharion is male. All flights have different surfixes on their names that determines their gender. strasz/strasza for Reds, ormu/ormi for Bronzes (exception being Chromie, who may or may not be female with a male surfix), gos/gosa for Blues, us/ra (iirc) for Greens and n/a for Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowderman View Post
    Can't you zone into the orb to get to another dragon that will bring that curse down when you kill it??