Poll: Do you think silence would be OP if given to all priests?

imp psy scream and silence and mana burn

I was wondering, Imp psy scream has been in my shadow tree and I hate that I have to pick up that talent, just to get silence. I have felt for many years that all priests should get silence in there spells. In pve it would be nice to have an interupt even if the cd remains. I dont know that it would be all OP in pvp as the 45 sec cd is rather long. Perhaps the fact that we can silence a mage or something for 5 secs would be long enough to heal back to full. i dunno if thats why but I guess it is.

second I would like to propose a glyph for mana burn.

glyph of mana burn: causes your mana burn spell to be instant cast but cause a 3sec cool down. maybe a major or prime I'm not sure

this i think would be a great glyph as it has good and bad things. it would make it where it couldn't be countered or los
    the downsides it wouldn't let haste effect mana burn as haste rises you can burn faster but this is fire and forget, also you could no longer bait a counter spell. many times on my priest when i run into a mage ill begin casting mana burn with my dots on him once counter-spelled i heal and lay in with holy until i suspect the cd is come close to being back

another suggestion is a glyph that removes the mana cost, but makes it do no dmg and burn a little less.

so what do you think about the silence/imp psy scream
    and the mana burn glyph any input is much appreciated.

Agreed with the above in both counts.

Healing Priests don't need an interrupt, we'd have to be taken down another notch just to make it viable. And the point of mana burn being instant reduces some of its pressure. Do you kick the priest to keep your healer's mana up, thus leaving them free to smite/heal? Or do you deal with it and hope to outlast?

Both of your ideas would be hurtful, not beneficial, to the Class.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivicen View Post
    Instead, I say just remove the pre-req. Still costs a talent point and remains exclusive to spriest. If it even changes.
    This. Improved Psychic Scream is one of the most underpowered, boring and outdated talents left in the game. I think if it wasn't a pre-req for Silence I wouldn't even take it for a PvP build.

I think giving silence to all priests would be awesome, but OP.

Having to spec into lowering a cooldown for a crowd control spell to get a silence is really dumb.
    I vote to remove imp scream as a pre-req, and/or make it a 1 point talent that reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds. (or even 7 seconds so with pvp gloves its a 20 sec CD).

While they are at it, just make vampiric embrace built into shadow form. In cata, it's already a mandatory talent since it's a pre-req for VT, masochism, and sin and punishment. Just build it into shadowform. There are still too many talent points for a PVP build IMO. Get rid of veiled shadows too, just lower the CD on fade and shadowfiend without talents. 4 talent points to lower the CD on shadowfiend is pretty redundant.
    Last edited by Popesickle; 2010-10-01 at 07:03 PM.

i agree with Popesickle, silence to all priests would be soooo broken overpowered, if they did that they would have to increase the cooldown to near useless limits and reduce the effect to make it somewhat balanced, now like Kiora stated, if silence was its own seperate talent i would definitely pick it up even for PvE for the off the gcd interrupt and the ability to catch that pesky heal at any moment in any situation is very helpful.

Many will speak otherwise but personally I don't think it's that overpowered, maybe a bit, but not too much. Silence has a 45 sec cooldown, that's very long compare with Spell Lock and Counter Spell. Let's go over the interrupt effects of other classes.

Resto shaman have Wind Shear on 6 sec cooldown and Hex on 45 sec cooldown. Druids have Cyclone with no cooldown. Granted, Holy Pally's pretty much in the shaft with Hammer of Justice on a 1 minute cooldown. Our fear is on a 30 sec cooldown. The only spec that would be OP is probably Holy priest with Chastise. I would say give Silence to all priests, but lower the duration to 3 seconds, and increase cooldown to 60 seconds.

Now, I know many will immediately complain about "omfg 1 minute gg I can only use this once in arena". But the thing to remember is, if you have tried arena at any point, you would know that keeping a caster locked down for the whole duration of the fight is impossible and not the way to win. Rather, there's always this critical moment to stop that penance or that cyclone from casted so you can switch target and kill your enemy, otherwise if you miss that window of opportunity, they might just heal to 50% health and "reset" the match. Those were moments of frustration and I think one cast of Silence is often enough to turn the tide.

Give a talent to shadow priests to lower the cooldown by 50%, because as a talent point, 45 sec for Silence is ridiculous.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

I agree that giving Silence to all Priests is probably OP and unnecessary. The biggest problem with it is that it essentially costs 3 talent points. I think either it needs to have the pre-req removed, the pre-req needs to be rethought, or if it is given to all Priests, give it a hefty cooldown and give Shadow a talent to reduce it.

My vote would be to simply remove Imp Psychic Scream, and adjusting the PVP gloves upward to compensate or just reducing the CD altogether, since neither really affects PVE balance. I think it might also work to make it a one point talent that also affects the other CC CDs, Psychic Horror and Silence. This alternative would make it actually meaningful for PVP, and leaves Silence as a possible PVE option, though it may mean some adjustments of the CDs for PH and Silence so they don't get OP with that talent.

Actually, with that changed talent, they could potentially give Silence to all Priests, but seriously jack up the CD without the talent, so a PVP Holy/Disc Priest would have to choose whether to go into Shadow for the reduced CD, or spec into the other healing tree for more throughput. That could potentially make for an interesting choice, and still leave Shadow with easy access to a shorter CD.

Deleted
    Imp. PS should be base-line for all priests, but Silence in the Hands of a Disc-Priest would be borderline OP. Can't really comment on Holy because nobody plays it in PvP.

But Silences and interrupts belong in the hands of DPS, not healers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    While they are at it, just make vampiric embrace built into shadow form.
    This would be a bad change since you wouldn't be getting healing from it when you pop out to heal/life grip/cure disease or anything else that you can't do in shadowform.