Thread: Holy gear?

Holy gear?

So with the changes to stats and healers needing more mana regen, plus the whole few weeks or more of 4.0.1 that we will be going through are holy pallies gonna need more gear with spirit to be efective raiding/dungeoning in the time between 4.0.1 and 4.0.3? Also i have a bunch of triumph badges plus some frost and intended to buy a full t10 set to heal with so i don't have to worry about gearing so much when cata hits will that be wise? On that note i just want the set to supplement quest gear while i lvl so i can dungeon easier, while not gimping my questing speed by not always geting the ret upgrade for questing.

just so you know, each t10, according to the PTR cost about 820 JP...

yep but based on the new conversion rate i have pretty close to enough to buy the full set siting at 350 triumph and like 30 frost

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Since level 80 spells still cost the same and we have the same mana pool as before at level 80, I don't think spirit gear will have a super huge priority at level 80, about the same as mp5 now, or slightly higher. This will, of course, change as we level and the spell costs increase greatly.

2. Yes, getting a full T10 set is fine for healing. Many of the T10 pieces are not good for healing now, but after the patch, they will be just fine. The T10 4-piece bonus looks very sexy after the patch. You can always reforge bad stats off, if they end up not being good. Another option is to save the Emblems and let them convert into Justice Points and then use them for blue gear at level 85, but I think you may make plenty through your Triumphs plus the dungeons you do on the way to 85.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    You can spam Holy Light (which heals for slightly more than Flash did) for infinity without going OOM (at least on the PTR). Adding in Holy Shocks (less expensive than the old Holy Light) and Word of Glory (free) isn't going to significantly change it. With a 40k mana pool, the fights in ICC should end before you go OOM.

I honestly think we'll be okay at 80 just using our standard raiding gear with Intellect gems. It's from 81 to 85 that we'll need to significantly shift priorities.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    1. Since level 80 spells still cost the same and we have the same mana pool as before at level 80, I don't think spirit gear will have a super huge priority at level 80, about the same as mp5 now, or slightly higher. This will, of course, change as we level and the spell costs increase greatly.

2. Yes, getting a full T10 set is fine for healing. Many of the T10 pieces are not good for healing now, but after the patch, they will be just fine. The T10 4-piece bonus looks very sexy after the patch. You can always reforge bad stats off, if they end up not being good. Another option is to save the Emblems and let them convert into Justice Points and then use them for blue gear at level 85, but I think you may make plenty through your Triumphs plus the dungeons you do on the way to 85.
    Actually the spells do not cost the same amount.
    Flash of light is VERY expensive, holy light is very cheap but it doesn't pay off just to spam it, and the big heal(divine light?) can't be spammed without going oom either.

You won't need extra spirit, and please take into account anything with mp5 on it will convert to spirit. My mana pool was just a tad smaller in the PTR than on live in the same gear(with int gems). I actually had an easier time healing damage intensive fights though, with word of glory and holy shock instants to toss around, as well as being able to swap between flash, holy light, and divine light for maximum effectiveness. The point is, you pick the right heal to do the job and your mana isn't that big of an issue. Spam the wrong thing and things get hairy.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

mana pools will be larger in your current gear as on the ptr i currently have 52k mana self buffed and with the same gear on live im around 45k mana
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen