Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now just need beta servers to come back up so I can test out some of these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoelf View Post
    it makes me sad to see misinformation like this posted. blizzard hasn't released the date yet. period. saying the the date is set because of some place holder text for an npc is weak. that's all that text is, a place holder. the only information i would even believe is the new date posted by amazon which targets jan. 2011. i'd trust this much more than placeholder text on an npc... after all, amazon is a business that will be selling the boxes, they have more of a clue than some NPC since they have the shipping manifests that say when the boxes will arrive and be put on the shelves.
    Except that Amazon are wrong. Always wrong.

The only reason they would have pushed their estimated release date back to January is most likely because they can't supply everyone with copies, and had to compensate by delaying their own shipping dates etc.

It's happened before. I'd trust this NPC text more than Amazon.

Besides it fits snugly into the timeframe Boub mentioned. Any later than December 7th and Blizzard would really be shooting themselves in the foot.

Besides, nobody besides Blizzard knows the actual release date for anything Blizzard develops. You should KNOW this by now.

Deleted
    All I can say is...

Pyroblast!

I'm going to spend my day remembering Pearl Harbor leveling my Death Knight!! Woohoo blizzard..

Quote Originally Posted by Orlandopr View Post
    Im not trusting the release date, not until i hear it from Blizz its self. Blizz can still push the date back or forward as they please.
    This ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    Looks like a pretty serious balancing patch. All indication are that BM Hunters were OP and Combat Rogues UP, and they got nerfed/buffed respectively. Lots of the other changes look like similar tweaks to iron out performance issues. At least from the point of view of class balance and play changes they seem to be getting really close.

To the Bm people: relax. Spec was OP on beta, now they're nerfing to fix it. If the nerf was too hard, they can adjust back up. Unless OP was what you wanted, in which case you're most likely screwed.
    and by screwed he means: you will need to roll a priest/mage/rogue.

We have dealt with an entire fcking expansion dominated in pvp by a few classes. Nice to see nothing is changing in cata

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    and by screwed he means: you will need to roll a priest/mage/rogue.

We have dealt with an entire fcking expansion dominated in pvp by a few classes. Nice to see nothing is changing in cata

Yep paladins, Rogues and Druids can faceroll themselves into being OP but the second Hunters start doing some damage they crank it back down to nothing. God forbid hunters do well in their niche of dealing damage, while rogues stunlock then 2 shot people, Druids heal up a storm (while having redic tree armor buff for no reason) and can still handle tanking, high dps (boomkin and cat), and run unrestrained in PVP (change form solves all). And then there's Blizzards baby-child, Paladins, being hand-fed all the attention and buffs they desire to faceroll their way through the game, only holding back slightly when it becomes overly obvious. Camouflage is barely a start, especially when lots of people don't even play PVP.

Why do they keep nerfing locks

There anyone in beta know if warlock is any good anymore

cuz as ive been able to tell warlock has been nerfed every update

Deleted
    Now, can someone figure out the date for 4.0.3 as it's the thing I actually care about for now?

Still no paladin threat changes... warriors are getting it thrown at them left right and center whilst paladins are stuck with the crappy end of the stick, oh well fingers crossed for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Well hunters get screwed again, seems like every update damage %'s and scales are lowered and cooldowns are increased.
    That's because hunters were still very powerful. If you played on beta you'd have known just how strong they are. It's not okay when hunters could potentially do twice as high DPS as the other classes.

Yep paladins, Rogues and Druids can faceroll themselves into being OP but the second Hunters start doing some damage they crank it back down to nothing. God forbid hunters do well in their niche of dealing damage, while rogues stunlock then 2 shot people, Druids heal up a storm (while having redic tree armor buff for no reason) and can still handle tanking, high dps (boomkin and cat), and run unrestrained in PVP (change form solves all). And then there's Blizzards baby-child, Paladins, being hand-fed all the attention and buffs they desire to faceroll their way through the game, only holding back slightly when it becomes overly obvious. Camouflage is barely a start, especially when lots of people don't even play PVP.
    Reroll those classes then, and see how good it actually is on the other side. Hunters were overpowered, there's nothing more to it.

By the way, druids can't do all those things at once, we have to both spec and gear for it, so don't be a moron.

You say lots of people don't pvp at the end, but before that you're complaining that other classes are good at pvp (????).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2010-10-01 at 06:34 AM.

w000, Vacation time 3 weeks should be sufficient to get to 85+ some epeens?

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Now, can someone figure out the date for 4.0.3 as it's the thing I actually care about for now?
    4.0.1 is October 5th in US of A while its one week later in EU.
    4.0.3 is December 7th

Woot December 7th is my birthday

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or does anyone else like the return of the Death Grip CD reset on a Killing Blow?
    Now the decision for utility talents in Unholy Tree is simplified (for me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCorpse View Post
    w000, Vacation time 3 weeks should be sufficient to get to 85+ some epeens?

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 06:34 AM ----------

4.0.1 is October 5th in US of A while its one week later in EU.
    4.0.3 is December 7th
    The release date for 4.0.1 has since been changed to "Soon" according to the date on the trial streaming content download.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    from what i've heard/seen from beta BM hunters were incredibly overpowered. quit shitting a brick just because you're being balanced...huntard QQ is funny.
    This is not being balanced. Don't be ridiculous. This is kicking EVERY hunter spec into underdrive, Ret 2007 Style.

As for the release date, Yay of course, but boub... It needs to stop with the unofficial release dates imho. If the only source we got is an internal datamined message, then that is very likely subject to change if they haven't announced anything yet. It could even be a placeholder date for all we know.

15+ Year Old Account
    " * Pyroblast's old boring name has been replaced with the infinitely more awesome Pyroblast!"

lol I love these changes, add a ! at the end and that is one change to add to the list!

I mean come on, did they seriously need to tell us they put a ! at the end of pyroblast? O_O

You're kidding right? Paladins the baby-child of Blizzard? Seriously? Paladins have been getting fucked from day 1 of WoW and we still continued to be. Paladins are the only class who gets a major overhaul every expansion and they still can't get it right.

Deleted
    The lack of DK frost changes worries me