Thread: Bcb t3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    come to think of it, is it just me or is most of our problems on talents get crushed into the first two tiers for subspec shit.

most of them are pretty lackluster subspec purposes. blood has issues all it's own but blood frost and unholy are all fairly weak on subspec now.

wonder if that's on purpose
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Agreed. Bladed armour and epidemic are about the only subspeccable talents that are good, but that doesn't really matter as long as the specs can still perform.

Who cares about supspeccing if its just for that one skill if your main tree offers enough niches to spend points on?

Mandatory tier2-subspec-talents are no fun at all.

Deleted
    No but having talents you actually want is nice

If you are unholy you can take 0/0/41 without major loss of DPS

The cataclysm talent trees don't punish you for speccing badly as much as the current trees do, but the choices you make after taking the required 3/0/31 still matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaka View Post
    @Shiira: normally, I agree with you but this time I have to take the other side. The bcb change, no matter how you look at it, is a nerf. Not just to Frost, but to Unholy. Yes, having BCB wasn't a choice. As a flat dps increase it was mandatory if the points were available to go there. Now we have a choice, but a choice of what?

As frost, we can dip into blood and go Bladed Armor/Butchery and then nowhere. Hand of Doom, Scent of Blood and Scarlet Fever are all idiotic to take as dps. The same can be said for unholy. We can dip into unholy and take Epidemic/Virulence, and then nowhere. Desecration, Resilient Infection and Morbidity are pointless for dps. This leaves frost back where we were with BCB in tier 2; Without choice. Technically, we actually did have a choice. We could put the 3 into bcb and forego Epidemic/Virulence or we could put the points there and forego BCB and Butchery. As things currently stand, we're essentially left with a cookie cutter spec that will be mandatory for frost, in 3/32/6. I'm out of practice with unholy, so I'll let someone else point out the shortcomings of dipping into frost or blood at the second tier, but as with Frost, All of tier 2 in blood is worthless for unholy as dps. Tier 2 frost isn't horrible for unholy, but it's nothing to write home about.

Basically, what you said gave us a choice, gave us only one choice. The cookie cutter (for frost).
    Missed your post somehow. I agree, right now frost isn't nearly as close to being finished as unholy is. It's not just the lack of subspec talents available to frost that's the problem, frost also doesn't have anything worthwhile after the initial 31 points.

Unholy gets to choose between going all the way to imp blood tap and scent of blood for personal dps, or only getting 6 in blood to instead take anti magic zone for utility.

Frost however has no meaningful choices to make. After going 3/31/3 there just aren't any useful talents left so you end up spending the last four based on what you think is least terrible rather that what you actually want.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-10-02 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Hell, we don't even have the points for the new Imp. Blood Tap Talent, never mind BCB.... Bunch of Morons working at Blizzard I'm starting to think, all our feedback just being tossed straight to the wind.... Morons.
    Well we all know the blizz DK designers got changed to nerf happy designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Fuck homogenization, it should be a copy of Heroic Strike, but costing RP.

Off gcd, short cooldown, nice damage, and a way to burn RP and do burst damage.
    Heroic strike is on GCD now, for the record.