BW No long makes Hunter CC immune?

Sorry if this has already been asked I tried searching but I am bad at it and didnt find anything.
    I noticed the wording on The beast within was changed when I saw the latest post
    does this mean when Bestial Wrath goes off the hunter is CCable now?

-now
    When your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 10% additional damage and reducing mana cost of all spells by 20% for 18 seconds. While enraged, you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.

-cata
    While your pet is under the effects of Bestial Wrath, you also go into a rage causing 10% additional damage and reducing the focus cost of all shots and abilities by 50% for 10 sec.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Yeah, no more CC immunity. That being said, you can still break CC with it.

Deleted
    Lol it's becoming a shit talent in contrast to what it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    Yeah, no more CC immunity. That being said, you can still break CC with it.
    No, it is not. 10% increased damage, 10 seconds of KC/AS spamming + ability to break CC is by far NOT shit talent. Can you state why you think it is?

It is not that it is a shitty talent.. it is merely that it went from 18sec total immunity with 50% higher pet dmg 10% higher hunter dmg + mana reduc, affected by readiness..

into 20% more pet dmg 10% more hunter dmg 50% less focus(okay this is amazing) able to cced + no longer usable with readiness (technically it is but we can't grab both)

meaning b4 we were unstoppable while this was up, now we are just going to get hexed/feared/whatevered while our pet gets nuked.. this means they can CC us and make us unable to cast KC while under BW..

I'm a sad sad hunter now : (

BW+readiness is back in cata :P

Thank god, Kill Command is enough anyway.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    It is not that it is a shitty talent.. it is merely that it went from 18sec total immunity with 50% higher pet dmg 10% higher hunter dmg + mana reduc, affected by readiness..
    - BW has not been affected by readiness for almost two years, since 3.0.8.
    - since a bit later it is not even technically possible for BM to get both (well, unless you give up your 51 point talent...)because Readines is in 5th MM tier.
    - BW only lasts 10 seconds for more than a year , since 3.2.2

That being said, I think you are a sad hunter for quite a long time

I havent tested that but since KC is technically a pet ability, it seems that you should be able to cast it even when CCed? Again, I havent tested that and I am completely unsure about that.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    BW+readiness is back in cata :P
    No, it is not. You would need 52 talent points but you only will have 41 at level 85

for what i have seen, it looks like BM is getting a major nerf in this build

going from 50-20%..æ with the low pet damage beast has on live atm, it makes the ability almost useless.. if you can be cc'ed, its even worse. i havent seen how much damage BM hunters do in beta, but still.. nerfing kill comand and BW cant be good for BM

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    - BW has not been affected by readiness for almost two years, since 3.0.8.
    - since a bit later it is not even technically possible for BM to get both (well, unless you give up your 51 point talent...)because Readines is in 5th MM tier.
    - BW only lasts 10 seconds for more than a year , since 3.2.2

That being said, I think you are a sad hunter for quite a long time
    I was merely stating some of the nerfs BW have gotten through the years listing how "op" it once was compared to now.. what made me sad was the 30% reduction in dmg.. it just feels so, weak now (not that it is) it's just the feeling you get...

just like if you hypothetically nerfed BS.. last half as long does 30% less dmg and you can be cced.. people would be quite sad aswell i reckon (:
    what I'm trying to say isn't that this is a nerf that will kill BM, it is merely how I feel about the nerf I am certain that they can and WILL balance it so BM, MM, SV will all be on par with all other specs...
    what I'm most sad about with this patch isn't necessarily the BW nerfs.. it's the focus fire "nerf", not that it's gna make us less OP it is just it means we can only push that button every 30s instead of 15.. and what BM needs right now isn't exactly removing "rotation" skills more so the opposite.
    what I liked about cata from a BM perspective wasn't the imba KC crits nor the high dps.. it was that we got a bit more skills to play around with actually making this spec on par with MM in regards to difficulty achieving higher dps, and the fact that it was actually a bit harder than MM at this given time.
    but hey it might just be me stuck in my pokemon dreams of "catching 'em all" being able to have every single beast in the game at my disposal while raiding.. I'm not sure I would be able to take an entire expansion pack with a generic MM rotation consisting of

aim-chim-serp-arc till under 44focus then balance arc shots and steadies to stay about 44focus when chim comes up again trying to weave in atleast 2 steadies every 8 sec as a hunter, beeing ready to see aimed light up or killshot.. I mean there is a reason why I'm not playing arc mage..

liked the idea of weaving steadies and cobras for increasing serp sting and keeping imp SS bonus.. while jugling in arcs when KC is on cd and pressing focus fire every 15s actually making it a part of the "rotation" instead of a small cd (like BW kinda feels right now) with it's 42s cd..
    hey mayb I should go play another class like feral enh or spriest..

oh well pardon my rant I just had to vent somewhere ( :

I was merely stating some of the nerfs BW have gotten through the years listing how "op" it once was compared to now.. what made me sad was the 30% reduction in dmg.. it just feels so, weak now (not that it is) it's just the feeling you get...
    Fair enough. I thought you were stating how it plays now
    aim-chim-serp-arc till under 44focus then balance arc shots and steadies to stay about 44focus when chim comes up again trying to weave in atleast 2 steadies every 8 sec as a hunter, beeing ready to see aimed light up or killshot.. I mean there is a reason why I'm not playing arc mage..
    What you wrote doesnt feel to me like 1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2 "rotation" the Arcane mages had (or it was something very similar). What you described is balancing your focus throughput (by using two attacks) so that you have enough of it each 10 seconds (to fire third attack) while minimizing Imp SS buff downtime while using your on-proc ability (fourth attack). And use fifth attack twice every 11s when the boss is under 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Fair enough. I thought you were stating how it plays now

What you wrote doesnt feel to me like 1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-2 "rotation" the Arcane mages had (or it was something very similar). What you described is balancing your focus throughput (by using two attacks) so that you have enough of it each 10 seconds (to fire third attack) while minimizing Imp SS buff downtime while using your on-proc ability (fourth attack). And use fifth attack twice every 11s when the boss is under 20%.
    my exactly point.. MM hasn't gotten any REAL dificulty update (though it is every 6sec u have chim now)

BM is more of a
    weaving arcane shots (when high focus)
    cobra shot (when u need to extend serp sting)
    steady shot (atleast 2 every 8 sec for the IMP buff, seeing as you can't do this while allrdy having the buff this might come out a bit tricky)
    trying to keep about 37focus for a kill command every6sec
    and previously having a global ready to use focus fire without messing up the rest..
    this while still managing cooldowns (and the BW 50% focus reduc, spam arc shot? or cast steadies/cobras to get said effect)

in my opinion BM seems a bit harder than MM

my exactly point.. MM hasn't gotten any REAL dificulty update (though it is every 6sec u have chim now)

BM is more of a
    weaving arcane shots (when high focus)
    cobra shot (when u need to extend serp sting)
    steady shot (atleast 2 every 8 sec for the IMP buff, seeing as you can't do this while allrdy having the buff this might come out a bit tricky)
    trying to keep about 37focus for a kill command every6sec
    and previously having a global ready to use focus fire without messing up the rest..
    this while still managing cooldowns (and the BW 50% focus reduc, spam arc shot? or cast steadies/cobras to get said effect)

in my opinion BM seems a bit harder than MM
    Chimera is still 10 seconds (9 with glyph). Other than that I agree that BM feel a bit more difficult.
    In my opinion AS/KC spam during BW would do better, you should be able to get 2 KC, FF and at least 6 AS during BW - but that is just a speculation.
    I was just saying that new MM doesnt feel anything like Arcane mage on live

Hmm mayb it was just me remembering wrong from testing out my hunter(regarding chim) and I know it's not like arc mages :P but it's basicly spamming 2 dif skills depending on either greater or lower focus than 44focus then hitting chim once in a while KS once in a while and when something lights up press aimed..

but hey it's not exactly like arc but it's quite fecking simple xD