Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Codename Sparkles

Beast Mastery
    Kill Command now scales from 35% of RAP, down from 63% of RAP.
    Bestial Wrath now causes 20% additional damage, down from 50%.
    Focus Fire now has a 30 sec cooldown, up from 15 sec.
    Mastery: Master of Beasts now increases damage done by your pets by 13.6%, down from 20%. Each point of Mastery increases pet damage by 1.7%, down from 2.5%.

Marksmanship
    Aimed Shot base damage increased by 14%
    Mastery: Wild Quiver now grants a 14.4% (down from 16%) chance for your ranged attacks to also instantly fire an additional ranged shot for 100% normal damage (up from 50%). Each point of Mastery increases the chance by 1.8%, down from 2%.

Survival
    Mastery: Essence of the Viper now increases all elemental damage you deal by 8% (down from 20%). Each point of Mastery increases elemental damage by 1%, down from 2.5%.

Pet Skills
    Tailspin now lasts 30 sec, up from 8 sec. Cooldown changed to 25 sec, down from 40 sec.
    Lock Jaw (Dog) *New* - Dog locks its jaws on the target, holding it in place for 4 sec. / 5 yd range, Instant, 40 sec cooldown

What is with the nerf hammer? last patch it actually got dropped WAY more on par with the other 2 specs. The new change to Bestial Wrath, Focus Fire, and the mastery will destroy BM damage. The MM and SV masterys didn't need to be changed at all, in fact, SV needed to be buffed if anything. Why are hunters getting the short end of the stick this patch? Hunters were not too far ahead of other pure classes in DPS, so why is their damage being cut so drastically?

Only BM got nerfed. The masterys were normalized. Read http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/27/sc...eta/#continued and tell me with a straight face you didn't expect masterys to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM pets soloing paladins, nah nothing wrong there.
    Chow is my love monkey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lobbe View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippedice View Post
    The MM and SV masterys didn't need to be changed at all, in fact, SV needed to be buffed if anything.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Think about the sv-mastery, think about the scaling, think about what the sv-mastery affects. Then think about haste and crit and agi and probably you'll get a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i r not OP anymoar?
    /sadface D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sad to see the BM nerfs but I could feel a mighty wind coming. a mighty wind!

Deleted
    I enjoy the MM changes, the mastery got changed to the better and the DPS shouldn't be so far apart form BM anymore. It was just plain ridiculous before that BM would have been the spec every hunter HAD to take to get the max DPS, we should have a fair choice like other classes do, not get 3 specs of which 2 are total crap for raiding DPS..

If you're telling me you want BM to be OP towards the other specs, you are just ignorant and/or egotistic BM that finally sees their chance to shine despite ruining it for the fellow hunters. BM should to about the same damage as the other specs. There can be slight differences of course, but it's just not fair to alienate the other specs like that.

I'm glad that this shows that I can probably still have my favorite spec and deal a reasonable amount of damage in high end raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    REALLY REALLY stupid comment.

First of all that video was a level 85 hunter vs. a level 81 pally that barely did anything to defend himself - since then BM have already been massively nerfed and rets have been buffed.
    Actually, before this, the KC coefficient was higher than it had ever been (53% first, then 23%, then 63%, now 35%). And Ret paladins got their first major damage buff in this patch and it was a tiny one.

The MM and SV masterys didn't need to be changed at all, in fact, SV needed to be buffed if anything.
    Also: wut. The SV mastery was crazy overpowered. The spec needs a lot of buffs, sure. The mastery was just crazy though. It was seriously out of whack.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-09-30 at 11:03 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Setsu View Post
    I enjoy the MM changes, the mastery got changed to the better and the DPS shouldn't be so far apart form BM anymore. It was just plain ridiculous before that BM would have been the spec every hunter HAD to take to get the max DPS, we should have a fair choice like other classes do, not get 3 specs of which 2 are total crap for raiding DPS..

If you're telling me you want BM to be OP towards the other specs, you are just ignorant and/or egotistic BM that finally sees their chance to shine despite ruining it for the fellow hunters. BM should to about the same damage as the other specs. There can be slight differences of course, but it's just not fair to alienate the other specs like that.

I'm glad that this shows that I can probably still have my favorite spec and deal a reasonable amount of damage in high end raiding.
    Who has said this? Nobody I've seen has said, "Boo hoo, now BM isn't going to be outdoing all the other specs!" People are saying WTFBBQ why the huge change downward that is likely to put BM damage /below/ the other specs, especially since GC just noted in the hunter thread on the Cata forums that SV was doing the most damage in raid gear anyway in their internal tests! And also WTF is up with the gutting of our iconic ability?

I'm fine with adjusting the numbers to get all three specs around the same potential dps. I'm genuinely surprised they've waited this long to nerf the mastery bonuses of BM and SV. But what they've been doing to Bestial Wrath is just a bunch of crap, especially when they just gave Unholy DKs a /30 second/ damage buff to their pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    As a paladin and hunter myself I can only say: That's because retri just sucks there

I'm happy they fixed it somehow, the mastery gain was too strong.
    Without reforging everything to mastery, my dps was fine. But when fully reforged to mastery I had 33k KC crits.
    But Beast Within... Seriously >.< it went from 50% for 18 seconds to 20% for 10...
    It has such a short duration now, terrible if you ask me!
    IMHO should be give and take. Now with bm damage is reduced, the duration should be increased.

Animal handler should increase to 18% imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lobbe View Post
    Seeing how we were destroyed by most paladins previously this is welcome. Now we just need revenge on Rogues!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/27026...-hunter-build/

GC:
    At the moment on our internal builds, Survival is slightly higher than MM or BM. Our builds already have the changes you are mentioning. Before those changes, BM was much higher.

Speaking of DPS, that is.
    And obviously, its not done, so dont take the 'OH SO SURV IS GUNNA BE TOP FOREVER NOW'
    But thats the reason for said changes, not nerfs.

And to all DPS in General, they obviously havent made a full numbers pass on all the classes, so dont worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Seeing how we were destroyed by most paladins previously this is welcome. Now we just need revenge on Rogues!
    Why rogues? Rogues are simple 1v1. It's shadow priests that must perish.

The MM and SV masterys didn't need to be changed at all, in fact, SV needed to be buffed if anything. Why are hunters getting the short end of the stick this patch? Hunters were not too far ahead of other pure classes in DPS, so why is their damage being cut so drastically?
    You couldnt be more off.
    SV mastery was increasing 60-70% of hunter damage by 20% + increasing pet damage by 2.5% per point.
    On the other hand, MM had 16% chance to fire half-shot that is subject to armor damage mitigation and newly surprisingly high block chance (on PTR my shots get blocked for about 5%) + increasing chance to fire this shot by 2% per point.
    If you dont see that these two masteries are very unbalanced to each other AND to relative spec's damage than you play another game.
    Stating that SV needed to be buffed is clear nonsence. 1) it is the highest DPS spec. 2) The mastery is too powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    You couldnt be more off.
    SV mastery was increasing 60-70% of hunter damage by 20% + increasing pet damage by 2.5% per point.
    On the other hand, MM had 16% chance to fire half-shot that is subject to armor damage mitigation and newly surprisingly high block chance (on PTR my shots get blocked for about 5%) + increasing chance to fire this shot by 2% per point.
    If you dont see that these two masteries are very unbalanced to each other AND to relative spec's damage than you play another game.
    Stating that SV needed to be buffed is clear nonsence. 1) it is the highest DPS spec. 2) The mastery is too powerful
    Eventually, SV would be turning out as the most powerful build due to mastery if they didn't receive a mastery nerf, seeing as virtually all of their attacks are getting a damage increase through the mastery bonus (elemental damage increase = serpent sting, black arrow, explosive shot, cobra shot), whereas MM is proc based, which could leave them potentially weakened when without a high amount of mastery.
    BM did get a hard hit, the decreased damage from BW is just harsh The focus fire nerf... why? Did it make them too powerful when using it along with an Improved SS haste buff?

First of all that video was a level 85 hunter vs. a level 81 pally that barely did anything to defend himself - since then BM have already been massively nerfed and rets have been buffed.
    STFU and watch the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREfFW75UOI

the paladin clearly uses Guardian of Ancient Kings witch is a level 85 paladin spell. Also, look at his level at 01:26

Well, your comment wasnt smart either - or just very uninformed...
    -First off, it wasnt HUNTER vs pally, but just HIS PET against pally. Hunter wasnt doing anything which makes his pet a lot weaker. If he was actually shooting at target dummy, the pet would deal with pally even faster.
    -Secondly, the pally was lvl 85, too.
    -Thridly, it was claimed the hunter had ICC gear - although I would disagree with that because he had 66K HP. So he had SOME ICC gear. Pally had 77K HP so a lot more Cataclysm gear
    -Fourthly: I cant really comment if the pally did well to defend himself or not because I never played a pally. But the thing is, the hunter didnt do ANYTHING to make his pet stronger, just BW an KC. His pet would be even stronger just if the hunter was shooting at target dummy while his pet was dealing with th pally

This leads me to a conclusion that you were actually wathing different video. Try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sREfFW75UOI

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm pretty happy with this change, BM needed a nerf, MM needed a buff, and have no idea bout surv. But i dont think these changes are unbalanced.

I am guessing KC will end up being 45% RAP come release. GC comment that is has been the hardest to balance and that they are about 2 builds ahead of us makes me think it isnt done yet numbers wise.