Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    Not sure why people think demo rotation is hard, its easy as hell on live servers right now with tellmewhen addon and its easy as hell on ptr and beta. As long as u have something to watch ur procs and cooldowns like tellmewhen, demo rotation is easy and seems to flow very well. Taking corruption out of the rotation makes it even easier.
    It isn't so much that it's "hard" but there are just a ton of buttons to smash regularly. Remembering all the keybinds can be a learning curve in itself. lol

If you look at other warlock specs or other classes the demo warlock rotation is at or close to the top of the list for complexity.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope corruption gets pushed out of the rotation, it's a boring DoT that doesn't do anything for Demo anymore (doesn't proc molten core) in beta.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    Not sure why people think demo rotation is hard, its easy as hell on live servers right now with tellmewhen addon and its easy as hell on ptr and beta. As long as u have something to watch ur procs and cooldowns like tellmewhen, demo rotation is easy and seems to flow very well. Taking corruption out of the rotation makes it even easier.
    If an addon is felt necessary to perform a rotation or to make it easy then somethning is wrong.
    You should be able to perform to a reasonable degree of competence without an addon, but the addon will allow greater performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I hope corruption gets pushed out of the rotation, it's a boring DoT that doesn't do anything for Demo anymore (doesn't proc molten core) in beta.
    It's a pretty core class defining spell, I quite like it whether it 'does' something special or not. I was actually pretty glad to read it's even worth casting for Destruction at the moment on PTR/Beta. How long that remains the case I don't know, and I honestly don't think it will remain since Incinerate damage isn't yet balanced out, but for me it would be nice to see it make a comeback there and add a bit more to what for me is a pretty flat rotation.

Either way, it will be remaining in Demonology's rotation at least up until the execute phase.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-10-04 at 11:17 AM.

I would honestly like to see something like moltan core in destro, as it is such a boring rotation. As for demos currant core, it is pretty craptastic. One of the things taht defines the spec(and actually made it fun) got gutted in the name of PVP balance, even though it dose nothing for pvp balance. I honestly can not think of a reason for why they did this honestly.

Corruption was more spec defining with affliction, not class defining by any means.
    It only got associated more with the class because we had it considerably sooner, so got used a great deal more early on.
    It was a messy mechanism to introduce what was admittedly a good mechanism for the spec.
    Something which broke up a rotation with the need to react to procs to maximise your output.
    Immolate makes a good deal more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    demo rotation still seems very boring. i want another spell.

Deleted
    I think demo actually has more spells than most other specs. Affliction has SB, BoA, UA, Haunt and Corruption (which will be refreshed by your other spells so you shouldn't have to worry about it) plus DS during execute (2 nukes, 1 channeled, 4 dots). Destro has Immo, BoD, BoA (when the fight lasts less than the time for BoD to tick), Incin, Conflag, CB and SF whenever you get the proc (which currently have a veyr low procrate) (4 nukes, 3 dots). Demo has Corruption (it's still a dps gain), BoD, BoA, Immo (upkept by HoG but the window to refresh it is very small so it might still fall off), SB, Incin when MC procs, HoG, SF during execute, plus Meta and it's abilities and Felguard's Felstorm (4 nukes, 4 dots, 1 cd, 1 pet ability).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomic View Post
    I think demo actually has more spells than most other specs. Affliction has SB, BoA, UA, Haunt and Corruption (which will be refreshed by your other spells so you shouldn't have to worry about it) plus DS during execute (2 nukes, 1 channeled, 4 dots). Destro has Immo, BoD, BoA (when the fight lasts less than the time for BoD to tick), Incin, Conflag, CB and SF whenever you get the proc (which currently have a veyr low procrate) (4 nukes, 3 dots). Demo has Corruption (it's still a dps gain), BoD, BoA, Immo (upkept by HoG but the window to refresh it is very small so it might still fall off), SB, Incin when MC procs, HoG, SF during execute, plus Meta and it's abilities and Felguard's Felstorm (4 nukes, 4 dots, 1 cd, 1 pet ability).
    I dont think you can have BoD and BoA up at the same time. and idk if corrupt will stay in the dps roations. leaving
    immo, CoD, HoG,SB spam with random incinn and the SF spam at the end. all felgard ability's you dont even have to trigger yourself(mabey in ideal aoe situations).

yea there is the occasional extra button you have to press.(CoD, Meta , Incinn, summon inferno/other one ) but really it looks like a 2 button spam for the most part. (HoG and SB).

i wana feel be pressing at least 6 different buttons every 30 sec.

They really need to make this game more complicated. am kinda getting board of the very simplified rotations.
    Last edited by hellar; 2010-10-05 at 07:25 AM.