Poll: Are you looking forward to Resto Druid in cata?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you looking forward to Resto Druid in cata?

So, when the new abilitie's were announced and resto druid's didnt get any new abilitie's I was a little upset.. then with the recent nerf's to Efflorescence which was looking really nice on beta proccing from Regrowth, plus the removal of Tree of Life as a form... im not entirely sure if i'll continue with resto in Cata, it appear's as though blizzard are nerfing our raid healing abilities and buffing tank healing, but I created a druid to raid heal not tank heal .

Not trying to QQ.. just think Resto druid's need a bit of love in Cata. Of course, thing's could change before it goes live.

I'm not on beta so I've just tried healing on PTR, not sure how much different it is at 85.

I'm actually more looking forward to healing at 85 than dps or tank, all 4 healing classes have had significant mechanic overhauls even if haven't all gained lots of new spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    In beta we are fine and will possibly be the best healer if we play it well. Hots give us such an advantage if used correctly.

Efflor being linked to SM is good. The nurf to healing is fine if they increase the range. If not, they will probably buff it up a little. I think they are trying to balance how much it's going to increase as our gear and SMs healing increases.

Our raid healing will be fine. We will still be using RJ but a lot of direct healing too. Just because RJ was nurfed doesn't mean raid healing was nurfed. It wasn't.

I know it seems like a lot to take in, but I've been happy with the changes thus far on beta and really enjoy playing her. Even in BC we didn't get to use all our spells and now we really do.

Tbh though, if people don't accept they have to let go of Wrath druids and start over they probably wont like playing them at all when Cata goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already considering going DPS this expansion anyways. None of the new mechanics have excited me, except the buff to tank healing.

I guess the argument that you rolled resto druid to raid heal is somewhat valid. However during all of BC, and even up until the Ulduar patch resto druids were tank healers. At least that is when I finally had to switch rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the guild.

In BC I had LB on all the tanks and rolled it, but wasn't a designated "tank healer". I raid healed all of Wrath.

In cata, we will probably still be raid healers. Raids aren't out in beta, but I'd still consider pallys better than we are. RJ is still strong enough to make us one of the best, if not the best raid healers. Not RJ alone ofc, but people seem to think we wont be using it at all. You will be.

On that note, I'm more often than not tank healing priority still since holy priests are beast.

I'm not really looking forward to being a tree once every 5 mins. :P I wish they'd have left the form for us to use and given us some kind of empowered tree form once every 5 mins. I know it's cosmetic, but being a tree is surprisingly fun, especially dancing! Haha

There isn't a 'No' option, you've said 'Not Really' which i had to vote for because it was the most fitting option.

I hate the planned changes to Druids, mainly the fact that i have to heal in caster form but also because of what other people have mentioned, no new spells. With the exception of Efflorescence which is more of a bi-product of an existing heal - which they have already nerfed alot and the CD on ToL which is crap (again they've nerfed the duration).

IMO they should just keep it as it is now, give us the ability to cast random Wraths and be able to cast balance spells in Tree form.

"Hey RDruids! We are completely revamping your healing style! Woop! We are going to eradicate your individuality! And give you a new spell effect! Efflorescence, its going to be uber! And then we are giving you the ability to healing just as good as before but in caster form! Yeah!"

"By the way, ToL is going to be on a huge CD and only increase your healing for 30 seconds, Efflorescence is going to get constantly nerfed and is attached to a spell that you will only use on a tank in a raid environment... Oh and i forgot to mention, you can also be polymorphed now because your in caster form all the time, so you may as well forget about PVP, Have a nice day "

Seen the talents etc?

Right.

Also, Nature's Ward? Seriously? Is that a joke?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I am happy with the changes as well and I don't expect everyone being happy with the changes. I expect a 75% turnover rate which is okay in my book. Some of them might come back later when they see it's actually not bad at all. Most happy they have done away with niches and emphasized on style instead.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I understand the reason they had to take away tree form for pvp, so that we are equally prone to all CCs as other healers. What I don't get is why they couldn't make our tree form a humanoid so that we would still have the same cosmetic look and the feel of what our class is BASED ON ... shape shifting. Tree form was a bit bland and it needed love like bear/cat forms got. I will never understand how they can take away a core mechanic of the class instead of coming up with a fix for it. It would be like taking away totems from a Shaman.

As far as spell go, I don't really think druids needed any more. Efflorescence is pretty cool, but I just hope they keep it semi useful and semi easy to proc. Tranquility is now raid wide as far as I remember which was a much needed change, though I think the CD was still pretty high (just going from memory on this so I could be wrong). We already had our small medium and large heals (one of which has a little extra flavor in that it leaves a HoT). On top of all that we have a HoT that when talented will instant heal, a stacking HoT that is supposed to be quite good for single target healing, plus an AoE HoT. Honestly what else did we need?

I basically stopped healing on my druid as it is and have been tanking lately. Although I plan to continue that in Cata, I am looking forward to being able to tank and raid heal on any of the 4 healing classes. Plus some of the changes look good, so yes I am actually looking forward to healing again when I get to 85.

To those that HATE the changes, I'm tempted to pose the question: what play-style do you want in Cata which would make the class fun for you? But I don't expect I'd get a real answer to that question. I think there are four primary topics that all of the complaints against the changes for druids in Cata can be summarized as:

1. People want to feel like the changes are making them more powerful or they become disappointed if they feel they are becoming weaker.
    Reason 1 is only valid if there's clear evidence to suggestion the class or its abilities are underpowered. (Although, in general, this is an easy issue to correct by Blizzard with some number tweaking.) Otherwise, it's selfish to expect to be overpowered.

2. People want the changes to the class to not affect aspects of the class that they are comfortable and familiar with.
    Reason 2 has its merits insofar as it's reasonable to expect the class to have a similar theme and play-style, but it's unreasonable to expect the class not to change. The game changes with each expansion, as do all the classes. You have to be able to adapt to these changes or you'll always be upset when an expansion occurs no matter what class you play.

3. People want somewhat specific changes to be made to the class and feel as though they are being cheated if those changes don't occur.
    Reason 3 has no merits. Although it is reasonable to "expect" that when Blizzard is done, the class is still fun to play; that is the limit of what can be expected of Blizzard. It is unreasonable to expect Blizzard to make a change because 'YOU' (or even the majority of players) think it's the right thing to do. Players are often unrealistic in their expectations for changes and they ignore the consequences of their suggestions.

4. People want the class abilities to interact in dynamic and diverse ways.
    Reason 4 is the only valid reason to be disappointed - although it is more a hopeful desire than a reasonable expectation. This reason is really a plea to improve the "fun factor" of the class. However, I'd have to suggest people actually try the class out before they make this plea. If after playing the class (or reading the opinions of others who have played it) they still see an issue, then they have every right to be concerned. Otherwise, they may be worrying for nothing.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 09:56 AM ----------

Although I tend to be more sympathetic to issues dealing with reason 4, I know some people (my self included) can have real issues that deal with the other three. It's understandable to be concerned by changes that are occurring. But I think it's important to be mature and open-minded when reacting to those changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE the changes they've made to Restoration Druids. We needed a wider toolbox when healing, but that doesn't mean more spells, no. Instead Blizzard thought wisely and made changes to our current spell arsenal, to make us more effective. They added extra effects to our current spells, and that makes thm alot more situational and nice. But we have to remember that we actually did get more spells indirectly. Tree of Life will empower us for a certain period and Healing Touch is now useful.

I've been playing resto druid since vanilla, and I have never been more excited about upcoming changes than now. The Cataclysm healing model looks awesome and the fact that I actually will get to use more spells than Rejuvenation, Swfitmend and Wild Growth makes me a happy caster-form healing druid (thank GOD they changed ToL, CD's ftw).

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    To those that HATE the changes, I'm tempted to pose the question: what play-style do you want in Cata which would make the class fun for you?
    How about a tree that can jump around and HoT people up? A Druid that actually shapeshifts into a healing form - rather than having an ability that temporarily buff's several of our abilities.

C'mon! You was expecting an answer like this?

My mature response would be that i will still be playing the class regardless, although Resto will be a distant memory. Everyone has a different take on the changes, i personally dislike them immensely, you can argue the fact that i should adapt to change and embrace it with open arms but it still doesn't change the fact that i hate the changes.

Anyhow, i'll sit quietly in my corner anyway, because even through all the moaning and groaning, i'm still going to hand my £9 a month over to them and accept and play with whatever they give me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care that resto druids don't get any new spells. I don't care about any different way their existing spells work differently. I don't care about fun new things in their talent trees. Couldn't care less. I can adapt.

However, I do absolutely grieve over the loss of tree form as a permanent thing.

I literally rolled my resto druid for the sole purpose of being a tree, and now they're taking it away. I'm pissed.

Deleted
    Gonna be rolling a tank/healer team with a mate.
    We already have a warrior/priest team like that (him being the priest) so I'm just gonna roll a Druid and hope for the best...

@Richmond, If you don't like it then you don't like it. The purpose of my post was not to convince you that you should.

I think beta resto druid is unbelievably solid atm.

Proactive hotting was getting too dull, and the focus on reactive triage healing is giving healing in general a much needed boost.
    + hots work very, very well with the idea that the raid is not necessarily going to be at a 100 % health at all times.
    The new efflo is very powerful, too, even with the nerf from 120% to 60 %, it still heals like the first tick of WG would for the entire duration and unlimited targets.

My guess is that the ones who voted no, probably haven't ever played resto, nor have tried it on beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

No tree form and tier 11 looking like a priest set. I will have so much fun as a healer.
    The new spells and effects makes resto druids the most interesting healer in Cata, in my opinion. So far, that is. Things might change.

Though... i will probably race or gender change. Nightelf male dosen't fit as a frail healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!