How to best buy Cataclysm!

Hey,

with the release date set now, question is how to best pre-order Cataclysm. I know picking it up in the store is way better but i cant do that.

So what from your experiences is the best place to buy it from?
    i checked out amazon but dont know which shipping to use, so it will come on the actual release date. Free-2day shipping. w/e that means.

Share away >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Download the game online. I definitely will be doing this, I know i know, I want all four boxes of the game, but hey, unless they delay the online release that's the best way to get it immediately.

yea i thought about doing that, they need to hurry up and tell us what they will be offering

Judging by the success of SC2's release strategy you'll be able to download a virtual copy 1 day after Cataclysm comes out (May take ages depending on how many people DL it). That's what I'm doing, if it isn't announced that they'll do that, I'd say just get express shipping on amazon if you have the change to spare.

Where do you live, might help :P.

I was hoping this would be about Best Buy.

If you live in UK: www.gameplay.co.uk

All games I've ordered from there have come a day early...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just picking it up at Best buy. Worked like a charm for me with WoTLK

South east USA ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Trecus View Post
    Download the game online. I definitely will be doing this, I know i know, I want all four boxes of the game, but hey, unless they delay the online release that's the best way to get it immediately.
    Aside from the 10 minutes it takes to drive home from gamestop I dont see how this is best way to get it immediately as cd install goes much faster than download. Your also putting yourself at the mercy of your internet connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already pre-ordered 3 copies through Game Stop and my wife, sister and myself will be waiting in line at the midnight release to pick it up like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have mine pre-ordered on Amazon with the FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-9 business days). I'm sure once the official release date is announced they will add the option to have release day delivery as they normally do for games. I almost always pre-order games from Amazon because shipping is usually free or next to free (usually 99 cents for release day delivery).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Aside from the 10 minutes it takes to drive home from gamestop I dont see how this is best way to get it immediately as cd install goes much faster than download. Your also putting yourself at the mercy of your internet connection.
    ....but if you don't have very good connection....you won't be able to play the first night....
    I have it reserved at gamestop, but i didn't get a collector's edition, so i may just preorder the CE from amazon and lose the 5 bucks from gamestop, i have just been hoping to hear from some people on whether amazon is goos at having it to you the day before or on launch day. i have asked in many threads here, and noone has actually answered.
    Last edited by huangzhong9; 2010-09-30 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    i have just been hoping to hear from some people on whether amazon is goos at having it to you the day before or on launch day. i have asked in many threads here, and noone has actually answered.
    I've pre-ordered lots of games from amazon, most recently Halo Reach, and it was delivered (by UPS) by 8am on release day. I think this only applies if Release Day Shipping is available though as I've never done overnight shipping.

i think there will be leaked DVD images couple of days before release, as it was with WotLK. So in my Siberia i should go to online cd-key preorder
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

ok so there will be an option to do release day shipping, nice, ill just check back later with amazon i guess

thx for the info

15+ Year Old Account
    go to any store. there will be 300 copies on the shelf. just like the last 2 xpacs...

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a 24/7 Wal-Mart two blocks away from me, so I'll just pick it up there on the release. When TBC was released few guys behind me ended up having a huge larping battle, so I have my camera ready for them this year.