Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    Since I started WoW, I've played on nightfall US.

I never knew what a long que was, what it was like to win all day.

/sob

It's tough bein' a hordie! Granted, I never enter a BG without at least 2 other people from my guild with me + heals.

Ally dominated or not, people are retarded in PuG BGs
    I'm on Nightfall US too, and this BG sucks for the horde with the exception of near instant random BG queues. At least we don't lose every game, unless it's AV or IoC.

Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    So much for Pvp balance.
    The only way to solve that "problem" would be to FORCE people to play on certain servers. THAT wouldn't go over too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    If they've got better races, why was the Horde underplayed at a 60-40 ratio in Vanilla?

Answer: Blood Elves.
    I think you mean bledelf Paladins... funny that, when was it that the retri paladin became a very powerful and shockingly easy character to play? ahh lemme think... ow yeah, that was when the horde got them wasn't it? Maybe that's just a co-incidence though eh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Formorian View Post
    Okie Dokie... lets take the 'AoE silence' off of the bledelf... see how that goes down in the horde community shall we? Or should we remove the 'cannibalize' ability too? Or the 'everyman for himself' one from humans? Fact is racials DO play a big part for all pvp'ers and have advantages and disadvantages for all races.
    Racials are really a tiny decision for MOST players. Maybe they make a big deal to you, but you have to think about the majority of players who just look around and hit BG queue.

It goes something like
    1. What faction do my friends play on?
    2. What race looks coolest/sexiest?
    3. What are the racials?

I know when I made my Human Paladin at the start of Vanilla, I didn't even know what racials were. I'd still be playing that character if my friends hadn't forced me to reroll Horde at the start of TBC.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Just throwing it out there, but I think this game would be a lot more fun with a much better world PvP balance if they started with three factions. Something like this would have been nice:

Humans
    Dwarves
    Night Elves

Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren

Blood Elves
    Worgen
    Undead

Two factions is simply near-impossible to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    I'm confused here and don't exactly get your point?

You're complaining that the battlegroups aren't equally set?
    You're complaining that horde have better players?
    You're complaining that horde are better PvP races?
    You're complaining that the battlegroups aren't equally set? YES!!!
    You're complaining that horde have better players? YES, more PvP minded player play Horde
    You're complaining that horde are better PvP races Yes, if you PvP Its a no brainer to pick the Horde faction

Now to Fix this imbalance they can do something to lore more players to Alli, It will benefit both factions, Lower Q times for the Horde and even skill cap of players.
    When Faction change was allowed Blizzard open the flood gates,Blizzard should of did what Aion did to balance the faction, and that was "LOCKOUT" one faction from trans or new characters to be made on a server that was faction heavy I think they locked It out at 5% more then the opposed faction.
    Last edited by warjin; 2010-09-30 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimir86 View Post
    I'm on Nightfall US too, and this BG sucks for the horde with the exception of near instant random BG queues. At least we don't lose every game, unless it's AV or IoC.
    With a PuG, I don't think I win anything besides WSG and ONCE in awhile AB.

I haven't pug'd in months, though. When I do, I normally leave games in the first 5 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean bledelf Paladins... funny that, when was it that the retri paladin became a very powerful and shockingly easy character to play? ahh lemme think... ow yeah, that was when the horde got them wasn't it? Maybe that's just a co-incidence though eh
    You're joking, right?

You know Horde got Blood Elves in TBC, right?

Ret paladins had the lowest Arena representation out of all 27 specs in TBC. You have to be kidding?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're joking, right?

Ret paladins had the lowest Arena representation out of all 27 specs in TBC. You have to be kidding?
    I'm sure he meant Holy Paladins. And I would think Prot Warriors and Prot Paladins had even lesser Arena appeareances than Rets in BC.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Racials are really a tiny decision for MOST players. Maybe they make a big deal to you, but you have to think about the majority of players who just look around and hit BG queue.

It goes something like
    1. What faction do my friends play on?
    2. What race looks coolest/sexiest?
    3. What are the racials?

I know when I made my Human Paladin at the start of Vanilla, I didn't even know what racials were. I'd still be playing that character if my friends hadn't forced me to reroll Horde at the start of TBC.
    So was that whole storm kicked up by the horde when humans got 'everyman for himself' just trolling? And it doesn't bother any horde players that humans get an extra trinket?

Would I change my human mage for a gnome one? No I wouldn't because my racial is too valuable. Would all bledelf's be pissed if they took away the AoE silence? (where the fuck is the AoE drop weapons that's what I wanna know, meh another thread). Too feckin' right they would, especially the paladin fraternity.

Like it as not racials still play a large part in everyday pvp and they do affect character decisions, maybe not for the first character, but once the knowledge is gained, they have and will continue to affect character choices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I'm sure he meant Holy Paladins. And I would think Prot Warriors and Prot Paladins had even lesser Arena appeareances than Rets in BC.
    He said "retri paladin".

Additionally, resto shaman were the strongest healers in Sunwell. We could easily turn his argument around and say Blizzard favors Alliance because they gave them resto shaman, which turned out to be really good. CO-INCIDENCE?!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people say unbalanced due to more Horde than Alliance.. Blizzard can't make someone play Horde vs Alliance. That has nothing to do with pvp balancing. That just means more people like to have more Horde Characters vs Alliance..

ive won 2 battlegrounds on my ally mage on Skywall US- in my whole career of my mage.
    and belive me, I tried

I hate PvP now.

Deleted
    You're joking, right?

This is a discussion on PvP, not the arena. Arena is a completely different idea, different requirements and different people... and as blizzard themselves admitted, a complete feck-up for the game. What was it, an 80% drop off in the original numbers who played there since the start of this year? Something like that. Hence we have rated BG's instead of the stun (or stunlock) fest that was and still is the arena.

A retri pally in pvp is a strong character, maybe not in the hallowed halls of the LoS moaners, but in everyday pvp (you know, the stuff that nearly everyone actually plays) that is the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    So was that whole storm kicked up by the horde when humans got 'everyman for himself' just trolling? And it doesn't bother any horde players that humans get an extra trinket?

Would I change my human mage for a gnome one? No I wouldn't because my racial is too valuable. Would all bledelf's be pissed if they took away the AoE silence? (where the fuck is the AoE drop weapons that's what I wanna know, meh another thread). Too feckin' right they would, especially the paladin fraternity.
    No, I wouldn't complain, believe it or not. I rarely complain about Blizzard's decisions.

I didn't complain when they gave Humans Every Man for Himself or when they nerfed Will of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    actually thats just population... i've played shadowsong , which was hit and miss, wild hammer and now mazrigos which both suck for horde.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    I like how people say unbalanced due to more Horde than Alliance.. Blizzard can't make someone play Horde vs Alliance. That has nothing to do with pvp balancing. That just means more people like to have more Horde Characters vs Alliance..
    with worgens i think it will bring more alliance over horde players with all the twilight fans

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 11:59 PM ----------

theres plenty of alliance QQing in threads... shouldnt this be locked for duplication....

Isn't this the same exact dude who had a QQ thread, "Horde racials are OP!!!!" Or something to that effect. Disregard QQing, QQer.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but I think this game would be a lot more fun with a much better world PvP balance if they started with three factions. Something like this would have been nice:

Humans
    Dwarves
    Night Elves

Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren

Blood Elves
    Worgen
    Undead

Two factions is simply near-impossible to balance.
    Two factions is simply near-impossible to balance but you suggest instead that we have 3 factions to balance. What is this I dont even
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    This means nothing, BGs have limits to the numbers of players on each side so the Horde just sits in que longer. Also, just because a server has more players of a certain faction does not mean all of those players even take part in PvP. If your arguement had any weight the Horde would win every BG, which they don't.

Your wrong. This situation is similar to what you get with collage sports in the US. Why do you think they divide the schools up largely based on the size of the school? Why do you suppose the tiny private schools cannot compete with the massive state ones? (yes there are exceptions, Notre Dame is relatively small but has a great sports program) In the long run the bigger groups have a larger base pool of talent from which to pull, they have more cash overall to invest in the program ( equate that to faction availability of consumables and trade goods ). Greater player population breeds increased involvement by making it easier to for people to form premade groups, and to find other players of similar skill with whom they can grow.

Racials...yeah they play a role, albeit small. There are a couple outstanding ones that get bitched about ad naseum, I would say that the 'on demand' racials probably get a disproportionate amount of hate due to the fact that a semi intelligent player can make use of them at a clutch moment. Whereas a player with mostly passive racials never even sees them come into play. I belive the mindset at Blizz is that something that is passive requires less effort and therefor should not be as strong across the board and this makes sense. Everyone makes fun of specs or classes that require fewer button presses to get the job done, why shouldn't that logic hold true here, therefore a passive racial that is always on and requires 0 effort should be inherently weaker then one that requires the player to time a long CD a while still doing everything else he needs to do. As an example, when was the last time a Night Elf won a match and said 'boy I'm sure glad I'm a nelf with that extra avoidance, or I wouldn't have dodged that execute that almost killed me' or 'man I'm glad I have that base nature resist bonus or that hunters DOT would have killed me for sure before I could dispel it'. The fact of the matter is, those 2 situations could very well be true, but you would never know it.

I think ultimately, a 'good' player can make greater use of on-use racials while the lazy or less skilled player will find it easier to deal with passives.

In the name of balance, I think the fairest thing to do would be to make an effort to give all races a mix of passive and active racials, and to rethink the advantages they bring to all types of encounters.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2010-10-01 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Looking at the main servers I play on, Horde are almost always out numbered by a 3 to 1 margin and the one server I play Alliance on is similarly outnumbered by Horde by a large advantage. Somehow I found the opposite faction to join on every server I'm on except one where it's almost an even split.