Thread: NES error help!

10+ Year Old Account

NES error help!

Hey!

Got a NES today, but there's a problem!

I'm using the cable-video thing for it. When I turn it on, my TV blinks a variety of colors, including white, gray, red, blue and green.

How will I get my Rad Racer fix now? Anyone have an idea with what's up here?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    My expert analysis brings me to think that you have a bad cable-video thing. My advice to you, go on the internet and download an emulator. It's not illegal as long as you own the physical game itself, because technically it's a "backup" game. The chances that nintendo will pursue you are zero to none. They only go after the big companies, not the little guy... if they did they would blow through way too much cash trying to make examples of people.

My expert analysis brings me to think...

That you should take the game out. Blow in it. Then blow into the NES. Re-insert the game.

Also try putting something over the game when it is in the console to hold it down better. Back in the day a 20oz cola cap worked nicely.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emulators eliminate nostalgia. I have a GBA emulator though, woo FFTactics!

I blew the hell outta that thing, to no avail. Finally, I youtubed NES flashing screen, and I found out that my "72 pin connector" was dirty. So I followed youtube dude's steps, unscrewed the NES, cleaned the things with some steel wool, and turned it on - BAMMO! Mario and Duck Hunt are working perfectly.

Thanks for the responses though
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Glad to hear. I am amazed... something other than a good blow fixed an NES. lol
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I was going to suggest blowing on the cartridge... but Mijen beat me to it! =[ =[

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    My expert analysis brings me to think...

That you should take the game out. Blow in it. Then blow into the NES. Re-insert the game.

Also try putting something over the game when it is in the console to hold it down better. Back in the day a 20oz cola cap worked nicely.
    My first thought

I wonder what the science behind that was..