I feel OP with Outbreak

Yea simple outbreak is a bit OP,and I love it, No I have not tested it, but imagine the ability in a raid situation. Now I dont care how good you raid group is but it takes at least a minute to fight the set of trash and the time it takes to engage the next trash. Since OUTBREAK doesn't cost runes, so we save 2 runes in a normal rotation. The fight starts, we cast OUTBREAK>PEST>We still have 5 runes left instead of our normal 3 runes.

I also might add FESTERING STRIKE IS TOO SWEET. IT resets the duration of our disease , this ability is awesome in a single target fight, instead of casting OB or SS, just cast Fest Strike when your dots are about to fall off.
    Comment

It doesn't reset them, it adds to the duration.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Welcome to Cataclysm?

Outbreak is certainly not OP. It's a fix to the rune starvation situation when switching targets.
    Festering strike is a necessary FU strike which has a nice little bonus of extending diseases and is used on all FU pairs not just when diseases are about to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakisunny360 View Post
    No I have not tested it,
    You should. It's not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakisunny360 View Post
    I also might add FESTERING STRIKE IS TOO SWEET. IT resets the duration of our disease , this ability is awesome in a single target fight, instead of casting OB or SS, just cast Fest Strike when your dots are about to fall off.
    You have no idea how this ability works, do you? It EXTENDS the durations of your diseases by 6 seconds. It doesn't just auto-refresh them.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

trash dps is srs business man

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Welcome to Cataclysm?

Outbreak is certainly not OP. It's a fix to the rune starvation situation when switching targets.
    Festering strike is a necessary FU strike which has a nice little bonus of extending diseases and is used on all FU pairs not just when diseases are about to drop.

Nitpick, but festering strike is BF, not FU.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Nitpick, but festering strike is BF, not FU.
    Damn it, sorry about that.

It must have been a subliminal thing wanting to say "FU".
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

15+ Year Old Account
    Outbreak is terrific for single-target DPS as Unholy - on a 1-min CD and 33-sec diseases, it means you only have to use Festering Strike at least five times in a minute to never have to use IT or PS. Seeing as it does good damage, uses opposing runes to ScS and works for Reaping, I'd say that's a fairly good thing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    This ability needs a glyph that resets the CD on killing blow, like the death grip one. Now that would be sweet.

Outbreak is insane for Unholy when couple with Festering Strike. We almost never have to cast IT or PS now and our diseases last forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    It doesn't reset them, it adds to the duration.
    On one of the ptr builds Festering Strike actually did reset the full duration of the old 50 second diseases (with the old epidemic talented), but that has now been fixed and works as intended.
    Last edited by mmoce75230d0c6; 2010-10-03 at 01:18 AM.