Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how to can compare the damage of the moves of a DK and an arms warrior when arms warriors will always have a chance to proc an extra swing for 75% damage.

Blizzard loves warriors so I'm really not to concerned about the damage we will put out. If it's not up to par they will fix it.

Yeah the extra swing proc seemed to happen quite alot, damage is pretty nice on it also
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

That's exactly why you just compare the moves on their own, Warriors have nothing to offer in other areas too...

Frost DKs have +15% all damage stance, cool downs like 20% increased strength for 20 seconds every minute http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=51271, ghoul for 1 minute every 3 mins http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=46584, army of the dead etc. Who does an Arms Warrior have? Blade storm? lol

Hmm maybe now Arm dps in pve can be comapare with fury now with this buff 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Also you forgot that you can move while using slam now SushiBarrel
    we were talking about live, as no one knows how hard oblite/ms and all that hits for in cata,

honestly, yes slamming while moving may seem nice but the swing time pause is just too downie, and remember warriors are melee.... 5 yrds range, and you lag as much as I do here in australia get rdy to see ' you are out of range ' all over the place again, they really need to add 'something' to slam, atm I'd rather use heroic strike... it does 5% less dmg ( 3/3 talent vs 2/2 improve slam talent ) ( note heroic strike has a higher + dmg on top of ap assuming the % of ap is roughly a swing amount ) sure the rage consumption is about twice as much but hs is off global, waaay better for burst aye? not whining or anything but just some thoughts...

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    I'm not really sure how to can compare the damage of the moves of a DK and an arms warrior when arms warriors will always have a chance to proc an extra swing for 75% damage.

Blizzard loves warriors so I'm really not to concerned about the damage we will put out. If it's not up to par they will fix it.
    mate a proc is a proc, and we actually have to sacrifice stats ( mastery rating ) to buff it up, you telling me dks don't have a mastery? from what i hear frost dk get passive 25% atk haste? like is that a proc? pleaes tell me that's a proc dependant on your mastery rating not to mention stun immunity buff( with dmg reduction ) and uber magic resist and the list goes on...

Again, we are talking about BETA/PTR changes. Isn't that obvious, since the mentioned MS buff will only be available with all the other talent changes?

we were talking about live, as no one knows how hard oblite/ms and all that hits for in cata
    Even if YOU are not in beta, there are thousands people out there playing the beta, including hundreds on these forums. There are at least 2 posts in this very post with beta lvl 85 numbers for Arms Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    fucking nice
    dont get your hopes up
    with premade warr on beta i managed to get max 16k ms... that was with colossus smash on dummy AND 30% buff from talent and i belive inner rage aswell, cant rly remember tbh. To compare, dk obliterate critted for me 31k
    buffs= battle shout for warr and horn for dk

so ms still hits like crap

also hope that they buff str to also grant crit cause atm in premade gear you ahve 5.15% crit, with battle shout that would be ~7%. So in full blue heroic gear i guess you would be able to get maybe 12% self buffed. GL keeping wrecking crew up ;]
    to compare my mm specced hunter has over 15% and as surv over 17%
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2010-10-05 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    dont get your hopes up
    with premade warr on beta i managed to get max 16k ms... that was with colossus smash on dummy AND 30% buff from talent and i belive inner rage aswell, cant rly remember tbh. To compare, dk obliterate critted for me 31k

so ms still hits like crap

also hope that they buff str to also grant crit cause atm in premade gear you ahve 5.15% crit, with battle shout that would be ~7%. So in full blue heroic gear i guess you would be able to get maybe 12% self buffed. GL keeping wrecking crew up ;]
    to compare my mm specced hunter has over 15% and as surv over 17%
    Look at the bold, you obviously don't play on beta or ptr, cause the two buffs don't stack post 4.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    we were talking about live, as no one knows how hard oblite/ms and all that hits for in cata,

honestly, yes slamming while moving may seem nice but the swing time pause is just too downie, and remember warriors are melee.... 5 yrds range, and you lag as much as I do here in australia get rdy to see ' you are out of range ' all over the place again, they really need to add 'something' to slam, atm I'd rather use heroic strike... it does 5% less dmg ( 3/3 talent vs 2/2 improve slam talent ) ( note heroic strike has a higher + dmg on top of ap assuming the % of ap is roughly a swing amount ) sure the rage consumption is about twice as much but hs is off global, waaay better for burst aye? not whining or anything but just some thoughts...

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 01:53 PM ----------

mate a proc is a proc, and we actually have to sacrifice stats ( mastery rating ) to buff it up, you telling me dks don't have a mastery? from what i hear frost dk get passive 25% atk haste? like is that a proc?* pleaes tell me that's a proc dependant on your mastery rating not to mention stun immunity buff*( with dmg reduction ) and uber magic resist* and the list goes on...
    *Imp icy talons was nerfed to 10% raid buff fyi and yes it is a proc. Than we have our mastery haste buff. Last time i checked fury and enhance gets roughly the same amount of haste from talents. And while we dont necessarily have our buffs on major procs (excluding Rime and Killing Machine , our rotation defining procs) we do have our resource reliant on procs. We have to pray that runic empowerment will proc the rune that we need.

*Complaining about our stun immunity? Like warriors cant become immune to fear , seduction or sap while also being able to remove said effects from themselves...Not to mention the immunities blade storm provides.

*Ams also got nerfed for blood and frost. You actually have to talent it as deep unholy to get any sort of rune regen from it or for it to absorb "uber magicz*

-On another note , although its being changed in cata , one of our buffs actually makes us susceptible to CC not usually usable on players. That and insured crits by exorcism.
    Last edited by Sollace; 2010-10-05 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    *Imp icy talons was nerfed to 10% raid buff fyi and yes it is a proc. Than we have our mastery haste buff. Last time i checked fury and enhance gets roughly the same amount of haste from talents. And while we dont necessarily have our buffs on major procs (excluding Rime and Killing Machine , our rotation defining procs) we do have our resource reliant on procs. We have to pray that runic empowerment will proc the rune that we need.

*Complaining about our stun immunity? Like warriors cant become immune to fear , seduction or sap while also being able to remove said effects from themselves...Not to mention the immunities blade storm provides.

*Ams also got nerfed for blood and frost. You actually have to talent it as deep unholy to get any sort of rune regen from it or for it to absorb "uber magicz*

-On another note , although its being changed in cata , one of our buffs actually makes us susceptible to CC not usually usable on players. That and insured crits by exorcism.

/sigh at you too, currently icy talons is not a proc. We get icy talons whenever frost fever is present. If you can't keep frost fever up then you are fail. Considering pestilence with glyph of disease is part of a frost dks normal rotation on live shows you fail to know what the buff actually does. As far as Improved icy talons, its a static buff, just like all raid wide buffs now. It continues to stay a party/raid buff even in the beta. Also frost DKS DONT get a haste mastery buff, its frozen heart aka increased frost damage.

However i do agree with everything else you do say.

Oh, reading comprehension these days...

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Look at the bold, you obviously don't play on beta or ptr, cause the two buffs don't stack post 4.0.
    Yes, look at the bold, then look at the non bold, then at the bold again. Then understand the whole sentence before you use strong words. All the guy was saying that when he was testing with the Warrior the only buff was Battle Shout and when he was testing with the DK the only buff was HoW. /sigh

The other two guys above going on about Icy Talons... Try to read each other's posts and understand it before hitting the reply button

Icy Talons is a proc. It's a proc on Frost Fever application and as long as Frost Fever is up, you get the haste buff, so it's a 100% proc with Icy Touch.
    Imp. Icy Talons is not a proc, it's an aura.
    There is no mastery haste buff for DKs, Warriors or Enh Shaman for that matter.

To stay on topic, make MS 200% WD, remove the default 25% healing reduction and make it a talent with 1 talent point with an additional benefit. Perhaps something like "Your MS now leaves the target wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 25% for 5 sec and in addition reduces the snare effects duration on the Warrior for the MS debuff duration by 50%"

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post

please read the post above, as mentioned, improved icy talon is an aura and yes you'd keep forst fever up 24/7 other wise you fail - 100% agreement there!,

please leave other classes off this topic, shamimes for example DESERVE the buffs they get, cos as said many times over blizzie ADMITTED enahncea and ele were uber underpower along with arms for wotlk!

and if you wanna poke at warrior fear immunity then how about dk's undead buff? that shit stops you from getting sheeped too, i don't know mate a buff that stops fear, charm, sheep and a bunch more vs a fear/incap removal? i like how reasonable you are

He is saying that on the warrior he has Battle Shout. On the Dk he has Honr of Winter. So both classes with an equal AP buff DK's are hitting for nearly double the amount of an Arms warrior.

He wasn't trying to imply they stacked, at all.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

TBH they should just remove mortal strike entirely and balance the game without it imo. Just toss in more damage to the former MS abilities and balance from there.

On topic: we all know that the numbers will be balanced by the time this all hits live. There would be an unbelievable shitstorm from the brown nameplates if it wasn't.

Also, prot is more fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    mate a proc is a proc, and we actually have to sacrifice stats ( mastery rating ) to buff it up, you telling me dks don't have a mastery? from what i hear frost dk get passive 25% atk haste? like is that a proc? pleaes tell me that's a proc dependant on your mastery rating not to mention stun immunity buff( with dmg reduction ) and uber magic resist and the list goes on...
    On the PTR I have a 16% chance to proc and extra swing at lvl 80. I have no mastery on my gear. Not really sure why you say we need to invest into mastery. It's totally optional. I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make about it being proc. Pretty sure triggering an extra swing is pretty obvious how it works and functions. The fact that it's a proc makes no difference from a warrior stand point. If I'm not up there swinging my weapon at something I'm not doing damage.

You mention stuns in response to me for some reason, but I've never minded stuns to much on the warrior. It just means more rage and some healing from second wind as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla View Post
    On the PTR I have a 16% chance to proc and extra swing at lvl 80. I have no mastery on my gear. Not really sure why you say we need to invest into mastery. It's totally optional. I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make about it being proc. Pretty sure triggering an extra swing is pretty obvious how it works and functions. The fact that it's a proc makes no difference from a warrior stand point. If I'm not up there swinging my weapon at something I'm not doing damage.

You mention stuns in response to me for some reason, but I've never minded stuns to much on the warrior. It just means more rage and some healing from second wind as far as I'm concerned.
    At 85 w/o mastery rating that chance to proc an extra swing is probably garbage.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Your Mastery is always at 8 by default ( level 80, or 85 ) so with no mastery gear an arms warrior weapon proc is still going to be 16%, however Mastery is a very high rating for most classes. An arms warrior who has very little of it will be doing the dps of a pure str warrior when ARP was finally being hardcap'd ( not saying to gem/gear all for mastery )
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me