Protected graveyards

The opposition in wsg and isle of conquest can essentially graveyard camp. Should gys all be inaccessible to the opposition? Except for stamping on unbuffed players it adds nothing to the 'game'.

I agree, the thing I hate most about bgs is when you get gy camped and people are killing you from below through the walls before you can even get away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those named BG's have their Graveyards to close to the flag and therefor being protected would mean it will be hard to get it after the enemy take the base and to close to the flagroom for WSG

Quote Originally Posted by Huntrex View Post
    The opposition in wsg and isle of conquest can essentially graveyard camp. Should gys all be inaccessible to the opposition? Except for stamping on unbuffed players it adds nothing to the 'game'.
    Tactics is tactics. What works, works. And if you're getting GY camped, you're either terribly outnumbered or terribly outgeared/outskilled—i.e. you'd be losing anyway.

I agree that it can be frustrating, but it'd also be frustrating if people could "hide" at the GY, refusing battle indefinitely to reorganize and delay. Taking nodes/flags sometimes depends upon getting enemy players into combat as soon as they respawn (a favorite tactic of organized WG groups, for example, is to plant someone in the enemy GY and drop AoE so they cannot mount up and pursue the FC; likewise, capping nodes in AB sometimes depends on this sort of play).
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    Tactics is tactics. What works, works. And if you're getting GY camped, you're either terribly outnumbered or terribly outgeared/outskilled—i.e. you'd be losing anyway.
    Although I agree it's a part of the game, gy camping takes little to no skill. My main is a lock, and many times we rez without our pet, thus we're at a great disadvantage without soul link. Once I rez, I just move back as quickly as I can and go the other way.

Once could also argue that the tactic of some people leaving the starting area of ab and capping flags before the game actually starts is a tactic that works. Yet, in this scenario, blizz considers it an exploitation, and you can be banned for do it.

I'm not saying ban people. They just need to fix it.

Once again. It happens, we just have to deal with it, but don't pretend that skill is much of a contributing factor to shooting through the ground.

---------- Post added 2010-10-03 at 07:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jez7 View Post
    Unfortunately, WSG is an old map... and players have been throwing spells and charging through the ground for ages. So even if you get into a terrible state and the opposition camped you at the bottom, you'd still get minced up... I got charged by a BM pet today on the PTR, got Kill Commanded for 40k. Perhaps that says more about BM imbalance, but the hunter arrows, fireballs and Arms Warrior were just as bad.

The new 40-yard range for spells is absolutely stupid.. there's so little danger for ranged DPS to just spam away at the back and they always have plenty of escape routes and CDs to get away again.
    That's the ptr. Numbers are all out of whack right now.

In current bg's I gets charge by warrios in wsg upon rezzing. I also get deathgripped down upon rezzing. It happens to both melee and casters.

You can get off the soapbox of how terrible the 40 yard range is for melee. Melee are fine against most casters. You have sufficient tools to counter casters (except for frost mage).
    Last edited by Repo123; 2010-10-03 at 11:10 AM.