Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can't say I care for the heroic portion of it.. wish it was as flexible as the normal -> heroic -> normal swapping as we have currently for ICC. Will kill a lot of the flexibility of the new system for those guilds that are currently working on heroic content only since you won't be able to swap to a 10 man version of the instance.

I know it will retain the current flexibility, but just not the same flexibility that normal mode will enjoy in 4.0.1+
    Last edited by Auton; 2010-10-01 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically in case of normal mode you will not be locked to the instance but locked to the boss. You can enter another raid id which has killed the same or more bosses. If you kill another boss during the second raid you will get locked to all the bosses that are killed in that instance.

Ie
    You kill marrowgar in raid 1. Raid disbands.
    You kill gunship in raid 2. You will now be locked to marrow+gunship+deathwhisper. If you fail on gunship you will not get locked to the new instance killed bosses.

For Hc difficulty its different. You must complete all the heroic bosses in the same instance group. If you fail to do so you are allowed to revert back to normal and enter another raid group, but you wont be allowed to switch to heroic(unless its the same instance as before).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, ok, but it quite sucks with all that heroic thing.

Despite the fact that it's a wall of text, read the whole thing. Almost all of it is important, and you probably wont understand without the examples they give.

On that note, great changes, but it'll take a lot of people time to get used to them and understand them. I like how everything is still just 1 kill per boss per week, yet we have so many options on how to do so.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rainCZ View Post
    tl;dr version ?
    Despite the fact that it's a wall of text, read the whole thing. Almost all of it is important, and you probably wont understand without the examples they give.

On that note, great changes, but it'll take a lot of people time to get used to them and understand them. I like how everything is still just 1 kill per boss per week, yet we have so many options on how to do so.

Deleted
    Yes! This is amazing

15+ Year Old Account
    So when this comes out I cannot attend my guilds heroic 25's and go to my friends heroic 10s in the same week?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    tl;dr - R.I.P. 10man raiding unless all you do is do 10mans or alt runs.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    tl;dr - R.I.P. 10man raiding unless all you do is do 10mans or alt runs.
    More like R.I.P. 25 man raiding, since 10 and 25 man loot will be identical in cataclysm. I welcome this change.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    I wish I worked at Bliz. The simple version of this would be "Each player can only loot each boss once per week regardless of raid size or difficulty." That is the solution I've been suggesting since day 1. This would allow people to raid with whatever friends they want, whenever they want. And never HAVE to raid more than once for the sake of min/maxing progression. They're half way there. Maybe someday they'll figure it out.
    I actually really wish this was the way it was implemented. I can see some minor issues with this though and how it could possibly be "abused" but it's not worth going into that now. Though I agree, being able to kill it multiple times but only getting badges/loot the first time would be fantastic.

Anyway, they definitely mentioned months ago that they had intentions of doing something like what you refer to (can't find the bluepost atm) but I guess those plans fell through

I think the intentions are good here and it's a step in the right direction - but the added heroic rules will cause some grief. We will see.

What about the gear that drops?
    What about the raid achievements?
    Bane of the Fallen, Light of Dawn?
    Invincible?
    10man vs. 25man difficulty?

Hard to believe that with such a huge post, neither of these were even remotely answered.

If u dont need gears and just need justice points, I guess its a good way to farm it then. right?

Deleted
    Heroic thinks is to prevent ppl to do few bosses in heroic and other in normal. You can't do boat Hc then the rest in normal with the same raid. when you active heroic mode you have to do the rest in heroic mode also.

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    I wish I worked at Bliz. The simple version of this would be "Each player can only loot each boss once per week regardless of raid size or difficulty." That is the solution I've been suggesting since day 1. This would allow people to raid with whatever friends they want, whenever they want. And never HAVE to raid more than once for the sake of min/maxing progression. They're half way there. Maybe someday they'll figure it out.
    I completely agree. Instead of being able to view what bosses are down in a raid and whether you can go, they could have simply given each player a display of what they have downed that week and then, upon entering a raid ID that wasn't their original ID, be given a pop-up warning that says "You are not eligible for loot from the following bosses in this raid ID: Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisper" as well as giving the raid leader access to a raid UI that shows each boss and a list of people who are not eligible for loot, so that people can figure out whether it is worth it to do that boss (assuming it is skippable or you can change the raid leader and use a different, further along raid save).

This is a step in the right direction, though I'd still rather see what Draticus mentions, that your save simply denotes if you can get loot (including emblems/points) from the boss fight or not.
    This new way Blizzard is going to use still means that if you try to do a 10man raid and 4 people in the group already did the first boss in a weekly pug for some dumb reason, you can only take the 6 unsaved of your people to do the first boss before the others can join. Or the 6 unsaved people are forced to skip the first boss.
    But by flagging that you've looted the boss, you could take that 10man group & go from start, the ones who are already saved get no loot, and you can all continue your merry way.

baby steps...

Uhh okay, I love this Flexible raid idea. I like that we are able to use it for RS and ICC. They never explained if loot was gonna change. There are some things in H10 that are a little more useful than H25 for some people (mainly trinkets). How has loot changed in ICC with this Flexible Raid change?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolderthorn View Post
    That sounds so lame.
    I agree content is played through too much but this is just meh.
    And why is that? I Hate this kind of ppl that is always complaining.

This is an absolutly awesome change. Good job blizz

2nd paragraph is basicly tldr version.

what about loot from icc10 and icc25? will it be the same loot or??
    (and yes i do know cata raids will share the same loot)

10+ Year Old Account
    @rochedo
    you can, in fact do a boss on H then the rest on reg. The heroic restrictions, i think, are so you cannot sell yourself out as a key to heroic encounters to those who have not already unlocked them (without committing yourself to that raid group for that lockout at least). If you were to join a group to help them access lootship, for example, you would not be able to raid anymore heroics that week unless it was with the same raid id.