Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    wasnt this posted this afternoon already by another guy?

Anyways this is quite old atleast acording to that thread it was posted on wowhead in april this year. And then nobody believed him lol.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Usually...k.
    Yes, usually. You know, like the rest of the world does it. SI system, etc. Get with the times, America!
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Yes, usually. You know, like the rest of the world does it. SI system, etc. Get with the times, America!
    The date formatting isn't as clear-cut as the metric system, where literally everyone other than the US uses it. The calendar system under which the 12/7 vs. 7/12 thing takes place isn't even universal, let alone one iteration or another of it. Thanks for playing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    American game, made by an American company. Deal with it. :P

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    Damn European cow. 12/7 = December 12th this side of the pond.
    mmm... nop only a North american thing, here in Latin America is Day/Month too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of arguing about the format being MM/DD or DD/MM... I'm more curious about the "less than" part of the blue post.

IF this was really Blizzard being sneaky about the release date, what do you think, if at all, the "less than" part means? Do you think it will be here BEFORE December 7th?(less than 12.7% could mean before December 7th) =\ I dunno.

Blizzard is based in the US, I think it would just be common sense to use US date system when referring to stuff. Just like they are based on the west coast so any time posted by them is pacific time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone else posted this as their little theory before boub predicted Dec.7, and they got flamed by people for it. If you use someone else's idea without giving them credit, we notice.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Thats actually kinda funny, I loosely remember that post but I never would have noticed that....still not official but funny if it's true. As for the date thing, I'll admit the American unit system is way fucked up compared to the metric system that everyone else uses but when it comes to dates our way makes a lot more sense. December 7th, 2010 (as you would actually say it in order as a normal human being) makes a lot more sense than 7th 2010 December or however the hell you people write it....yuk.

This now also happens to remind me how the talent trees are ordered alphabetically...
    Druid-
    Balance | Feral | Resto
    Pally-
    Holy | Protection | Retribution
    DK-
    Blood | Frost | Unholy
    and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Do we really need 100 threads about this? It was very sneaky idd and quite awesome, but being reminded about this 10 times per day makes it less interesting.

7th December 2010 makes far more sense to me. Like for instance I could say 7th of the twelfth 2010 and it would translate to the 7th day of the 12th month of 2010. Going 12th / 7th is kinda...backward.

Get with the times America!

10+ Year Old Account
    what makes me laugh is the amount of people who replied about the american date format.

Just goes to show how many people cba to read a 2 page thread, and keep posting the same crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    oh god...the win...it BURNS!!!
    This. If this is true, oh man...that's so funny and awesome.

Sucessful troll is sucessful, He was obviously trolling, cata coming out in july is unreasonable, and Europe or not, would be able to comprehend December, So yeah, his troll sparked a 2 page conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post
    what makes me laugh is the amount of people who replied about the american date format.

Just goes to show how many people cba to read a 2 page thread, and keep posting the same crap.
    Actually the idiots would be the people who replied to this in a serious manner considering how many times this topic has been posted. At least talking date format is different :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    Stupid Cow, its 7th of December not the other way around
    What a crazy world you must live in where 12/7 means the 7th of the 12th.

I bet dogs walk people and cows string up, gut and bleed humans where you live.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post
    Welcome to MMO Champion forums, friend!

OT: Well... I thought it was clever. :|
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »