Flexible Raid Locks = Cross-realm Raiding

According to Blizzard, the main obstacle against cross-realm raiding was the problem with x-realm pug raids breaking up, and how they would finish it. This new raid lock system essentially saves you to bosses, not to raid IDs. Am I the only one who noticed that this obstacle is now gone, and that this could very well lead to a Raid Finder in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by tobyps View Post
    According to Blizzard, the main obstacle against cross-realm raiding was the problem with x-realm pug raids breaking up, and how they would finish it. This new raid lock system essentially saves you to bosses, not to raid IDs. Am I the only one who noticed that this obstacle is now gone, and that this could very well lead to a Raid Finder in the future?
    No, because a blue posted that exact sentiment when they first announced that they were getting rid of the ID lockouts.

They just said something to the effect of "it won't come with launch, but it could possibly come in a later patch".

Typical Blizzard sorta thing.

Edit: Excerpt from a Twitter chat. http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/26/wo...d-by-category/

Q. Will there ever be cross-realm raiding?

A. This is something that we are looking into. There are a lot of design issues that need to be addressed before we could implement something like this, but we are definitely interested in the idea.

Q. Are there any plans to allow cross-realm raiding?

A. If we can solve the problems with it, we might give it a try. One of the problems is getting the group back together, especially on the longer instances. Loot drama and stuff like that is always a problem. There is also the ongoing concern about the concept of your realm having less of a sense of community.
    Last edited by Kaosadvokit; 2010-10-01 at 10:24 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like too much of a good thing. It could happen, but I'm sure there are deeper complications that prevent this from happening for the time being, although it's a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyps View Post
    As a last resort? Why not. I wud never choose it over even a regular pug and definitely not over guild tho. Too many turd people out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Give it time. Given Blizzard's track record, figure one or two tiers to implement.

Raiding with a server pug is sometimes bad enough. Why would you want to raid with people from another server? Think of all the ninajing gear that would happen, the QQing, the epic failing. I think the only thing that really prevents that on your own server in pugs to some degree is peer pressure and the terrible reputation that a baddie/ninja would get in trade.