Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    arcane is somewhat interesting on standstill rotation when always watching your mana and cds and adjusting the rotation to that, but that breaks as soon as there is movement or aoe, ok lets see..... arc barr on 5 sec cd and...oh yeah nothing, unless they want us to icelance spam, and yeeeeeeeah go into melee to spam ARCANE EXPLOSION

outside of the actual standstill going through the rotation arcane has absolutely zero spice, no fancy aoe, no mobile dps.

the spec is simply a mathematical equation, that is it
    Last edited by Micke; 2010-10-05 at 06:31 AM.

As a response to the no mobile dps. Since one of the new things cataclysm brings is casting while moving, how about when casting arcane barrage the next arcane blast is castable while moving?

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    As a response to the no mobile dps. Since one of the new things cataclysm brings is casting while moving, how about when casting arcane barrage the next arcane blast is castable while moving?
    Replace that with arcane missiles and we have an awesome talent 0:

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Replace that with arcane missiles and we have an awesome talent 0:
    Or maybe the other way around, make arcane blast castable while moving as long as you don't have any stacks? The first cast is castable while moving but soon as you get a stack you need to stand still.

I would also like a ranged aoe kinda like blizzard for arcane that makes it rain small arcane explosions Don't like using blizzard as arcane;p

Arcane is going to take the most skill to master. Monitoring your mana and using the tools you have to keep your mastery damage bonus up isn't hard by any means, but it does require you to be more careful and time your spells/cooldowns better. Is it as engaging as Fire? No, but as someone that's raided as Arcane since Karazhan, I can tell you that it never has been and never will be. Is it the lazy raider's spec? Currently, yes. In Ctaclysm, no. Its a very reactive and fluid spec that requires the player to keep an eye on the mana bar at all times and learn to predict where he'll be in five casts. Playing Arcane is like playing a good game of chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why? Why would a boring, two button spec suddenly become more exciting than ones that require actual thought just because there are nine other people about?
    There is no thought involved with fire -.- its just waiting for rng. I suppose if you consider reacting to when power auras tells you to cast pyroblast intriguing then so be it.

I, personally, love arcane in its current state and in beta. Arcane is interesting because of the mana management aspect of it, and the mastery bonus deepens mana management SO MUCH. Seriously, the mastery bonus is so interesting, it will really take alot of expertise to master it (meaning two mages in the exact same gear could do different dps NOT DUE TO RNG, but due to skill).

I am a little peeved that Arcane blast only affects it's self now though, it makes Arcane missiles seem kind of flat and boring.
    Gorzan, Death's Demise

Real men don't make posts about deathwing being bolvar being lavaman being lich king being Ner'Zhul being Kael'thas brought back by Putricide in Hoggers body with gamon's rage

Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post
    Arcane is going to take the most skill to master. Monitoring your mana and using the tools you have to keep your mastery damage bonus up isn't hard by any means, but it does require you to be more careful and time your spells/cooldowns better. Is it as engaging as Fire? No, but as someone that's raided as Arcane since Karazhan, I can tell you that it never has been and never will be. Is it the lazy raider's spec? Currently, yes. In Ctaclysm, no. Its a very reactive and fluid spec that requires the player to keep an eye on the mana bar at all times and learn to predict where he'll be in five casts. Playing Arcane is like playing a good game of chess.
    except chess isnt fun :/ its interesting, but you cant really say fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Exxile87 View Post

Yes, yes, yes, yes!

You, sir deserve a cookie!
    Gorzan, Death's Demise

Real men don't make posts about deathwing being bolvar being lavaman being lich king being Ner'Zhul being Kael'thas brought back by Putricide in Hoggers body with gamon's rage

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Maybe you can't say it's fun, but others can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of a subjective statement. Chess is basically just a strategy game much like an RTS is. A lot of people enjoy it.

ofc it is simply my opinion, didnt expect everyone to agree, and I actually was talking more in the sense that fun = something that makes you smile/giggle, not wether you enjoy it or find it highly interesting, I wasnt saying I thought chess was a boring game or anything

I'm just saying that wow isnt chess, and you would expect something extra

Deleted
    Somehow the developers have managed to simplify arcane. The so called mana game really dosnt feels different then on live, except instead of avoiding getting hard oom, you now avoid getting soft oom. Excatly the same mana reup tools. And the procs are now the specs rotational anticlimax.
    Imagine if they gave warriors a "interesting rage game" by neuturing all his abillitys except Heroic strike and a very low dmg strike as rage throttle. Boring.
    There need to be a better synergy with the specs 3 main spells, ab,am,abar - they all should be fun and usefull to cast. Maybe Arcane Missiles should go from zero to high mana cost and get a dmg modifier relatively to the ab`s stacked, so it would be a fun spell to cast if you had pooled mana. Abar could be the cooler, which would take part of the dmg out of the proc but allso make it mana free.
    Allso Spellstorm orb would be nice- a directional casted Rift which can be used both as ranged aoe and single target dmg.