Resto shaman come cata

What will be some deciding factors on talent choices?

I made a talent build, but I'm not sure how much mp5 i should get (telluric currents + concussion, focused insight, currents by itself?) and where to take the points out of to get these talents

Any resto shaman in beta/PTR that can give a rough estimate on what gets really important talent-wise in the new expansion?

http://wowtal.com/#k=m1APqB8T.a2y.shaman
    Last edited by Awyee; 2010-10-02 at 03:40 AM.

Note: Totemic Focus DOES makes Mana Tide longer (yet putting down mana tide doesn't make a lot of differences right now).

Right now I'm very disappointed with telluric currents, casting a LB costs 1600 mana and it gives me back 1750~ mana, or 0 if miss (which can happen a lot). Yet, I'd move two points from Acuity to put into Ancestral Resolve. But things can change.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    New Blessing of the Eternals is very weak talent, definitely not worth two points.

Telluric Currents might be 'weakish'with green/blue quest/dungeon items but i will only gain in strenght as our gear get better, and will scale greatly in raids.

Depending on what we'll need more burst healing or more mana regen there is decision between longer duration of totems or focused insight. Cleansing Waters was also very weak until recent patch, with 40% reduction on Cleanse Spirit it might be nice thing for those dispell heavy fight, otherwise it's not that great since it's very, very situational.

Right now there are many ways in which we can spec, but everything depends on what we'll encounter. If there will be one thing to dispell in first tier of raids then Cleansing Waters will be useless, if Blessing of the Eternals won't get any secondardy effect it will be useless (ElW HoT is really, really weak and 35% threshold is really, really low).

At lvl 80 I'd spec like this (based on PTR), for a couple of reasons:

http://wowtal.com/#k=m1zre2BV.a2y.shaman

I had absolutely no problems with mana, thanks to Telluric Currents (which might not be a case on lvl 85 with green/blue items)
    I had very fun time with shocking and doing high CH (with Riptide, ES and Focused Insight, CH heals for a lot, although not sure if following jumps benefit from all those temporary buffs)
    Cleansing Waters is quite fun actually even though healing done is small (but it can crit ).

That's how i'll (most probably) enter lvl 85, and will change it based on much mana i need

To be fair i think blizz has done quite a nice job with Resto, we have couple of 'free points' which can be spent in different way, depending on one's preferences and encounter