You may also not join someone else's raid if they have defeated a Heroic encounter.

"While players can freely move between raids of different sizes in normal difficulty, there are some additional rules for Heroic difficulty. If a 10- or 25-player raid defeats a boss on Heroic difficulty, then those players may now only raid additional Heroic encounters with that specific raid. If your Heroic 25-player raid defeats the first four bosses of Icecrown Citadel on Heroic, then they may not split up into two 10-player raids and continue to fight in Heroic difficulty. You may also not join someone else's raid if they have defeated a Heroic encounter."

By my interpretation this sounds like once you kill a boss on heroic, you are no longer able to invite anyone else to that raid?

ie. You kill the first boss in heroic, someone d/c's and doesn't come back. You are forced to either break into 2 10 mans to continue, or 24 man the rest of the raid.

Have I interpreted this completely wrong or is that really what they are saying?

I believe it means you cannot take advantage of joining that raid whilst saved to a number of bosses less than those killed in the Heroic raid. Something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucrus View Post
    "While players can freely move between raids of different sizes in normal difficulty, there are some additional rules for Heroic difficulty. If a 10- or 25-player raid defeats a boss on Heroic difficulty, then those players may now only raid additional Heroic encounters with that specific raid. If your Heroic 25-player raid defeats the first four bosses of Icecrown Citadel on Heroic, then they may not split up into two 10-player raids and continue to fight in Heroic difficulty. You may also not join someone else's raid if they have defeated a Heroic encounter."

By my interpretation this sounds like once you kill a boss on heroic, you are no longer able to invite anyone else to that raid?

ie. You kill the first boss in heroic, someone d/c's and doesn't come back. You are forced to either break into 2 10 mans to continue, or 24 man the rest of the raid.

Have I interpreted this completely wrong or is that really what they are saying?
    this would be SOOOO much fail, this would screw so many guilds

fixed that for you.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I think what it means is, if you have killed any boss on heroic and can't finish with your normal raid your options are 1) Kill the rest of the bosses on normal with anyone you want or 2) add people to your raid that have not killed any of the bosses on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    this would be SOOOO much fail, this would screw so many guilds

It is there to prevent the split the raid into 5 sub raids get the easy heroics or what not done than merge for the bigboss

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    fixed that for you.....
    Thanks. You saved me the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

What Araine said. You can't clear half the boss on hc, then go to another person's raid and jump to the final heroic boss and kill it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Basically if you down a heroic boss, and say the raid breaks up, you have two choices:

1. reform the same raid with the same players, or players not saved to any other heroic raid.
    or
    2. join another raid that is doing only normal mode for the entirety of the raid.

(another option would be to finish the raid normal mode, with whoever you wanna inv, or break into two 10s)

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    fixed that for you.....
    Wat?

Pretty sure I was only referring to Heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    What Araine said. You can't clear half the boss on hc, then go to another person's raid and jump to the final heroic boss and kill it.
    But you can jump to the final boss heroic if you haven't killed anything at all?
    Last edited by Nucrus; 2010-10-02 at 03:22 AM.

Wat?

Pretty sure I was only referring to Heroic mode?

But you can jump to the final boss heroic if you haven't killed anything at all?
    I'm pretty sure that last sentiment is how it works. If you start the raid, you can't join another raid that has done any heroic modes, but you can join any raid that is doing normals. If you are completely unsaved, anything goes.

Alright here's a scenario.

Guild is raiding 25 heroic and has cleared 6/12 already.
    Trials raided 25 normal 6/12.
    Guild swaps out a few people for trials and continues to raid 25 heroic.

This is possible because the trials did not raid heroic, and therfor were not saved to a heroic. They did however get the option to run normal for badges and loot. Scenario seems correct.

If both you and the raid in question have independently killed a boss on heroic, you cannot join.

Other than that, you just cannot have more dead bosses in your list than the raid.
    You do not get saved to their kills until you kill a boss with the.