Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The trees still look like garbage.

I just got in the beta, and I'm flying over the Cataclysm'd zones, and while the water looks breath taking, the trees are still hideous. I don't know if they've been updated, or what the deal is, but they're absolutely hideous, especially from air!

I'm hoping Blizzard get's to the root of this problem!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

I would like to see them get some remodel loving too, they look pretty lame.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

I think trees should be affected by wind a bit, at least I don't think they all do. The ones by the pond where you fish Deviate fish in the Barrens sway a bit but it's been a long time since I've been there. I agree though, a lot of trees look terrible. :P

QQ more please your tears taste delicious
    Excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    I'm hoping Blizzard get's to the root of this problem!
    Teeehee.

This entire game needs a makeover at this point, almost 7 years now and even more when it was in development. A few graphical changes have been added over the years but I'd think with the newer technology more could be accomplished with some work without too much of a cost to performance.

But then you look at todays players, and half of them complain they lag too much in Raids on low settings... I can see why it's not one of their priorities to upgrade graphics.

I was expecting a talent tree rant QQ'ing about how 31 points isn't any better than 51 lol. but yeah, trees in games have pretty much always looked terrible. there's not really much you can do about it without killing FPS.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Teeehee.

This entire game needs a makeover at this point, almost 7 years now and even more when it was in development. A few graphical changes have been added over the years but I'd think with the newer technology more could be accomplished with some work without too much of a cost to performance.

But then you look at todays players, and half of them complain they lag too much in Raids on low settings... I can see why it's not one of their priorities to upgrade graphics.

It's amazing at what changing just the water can do to a zone. I never thought I'd say Thousand Needles was beautiful. Or the Thousand Islands as we should now call it.

Character revamps would be nice too.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.

in due time...if this game hopes to continue on changes such as this will be necessary to compete with more current games. WoW is getting pretty old.

They do in almost every game, but this game came out 6 years ago and they cant totally redo every graphic cuz many people have shitty pcs that can barely run the game as it is (I used to :[ it sucks!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    It's amazing at what changing just the water can do to a zone. I never thought I'd say Thousand Needles was beautiful. Or the Thousand Islands as we should now call it.

Character revamps would be nice too.
    I've heard that character model revamps are something they'd like to do, but that it's low on their priorities, along with updating the boomkin, travel, aquatic, and tree of life forms for druids. Not like I care too much; I'd rather they focus on balancing content and the like than the ultimately cosmetic only changes. They need to give troll druids their own boomkin form, though; I was on teh beta and I saw a troll druid using the Nelf boomkin form. That' be confusing in a BG at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    They do in almost every game, but this game came out 6 years ago and they cant totally redo every graphic cuz many people have shitty pcs that can barely run the game as it is (I used to :[ it sucks!).
    Oh I agree.
    I guess I'm just too used to the Outland/Northrend trees!

On another note, the Darkshore tornado is definitely one of the coolest looking things in WoW ^^
    Elementium on Knaak:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls191 View Post
    QQ more please your tears taste delicious
    Yes because graphical updates should never happen in games, graphics in games never should have gone beyond pong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it was intended, but you are the god of puns.

Water is "breath taking"
    Need to get the the "root" of the problem about the trees.

The Mythbusters narrator needs to watch out.

...and I haven't seen the beta trees so I have nothing to contribute but my words of praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaneris View Post
    Yes because graphical updates should never happen in games, graphics in games never should have gone beyond pong.
    I agree with this entirely. I'd be perfectly happy with the entire game of wow simply being /roll. I'm dead serious.

I'd prefer blizzard's art team be working on making non-ridiculous armor and weapon models. Even though I know they won't.

Exaggerate much?

The only problem with trees is that you can walk threw them.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

They keep the graphical requirements low to appeal to a broader range of players. I know first hand several people which would unfortunately be unable to play if the graphics requirements got much higher than they are. It also doesn't make sense to have too broad of a spectrum in how your game looks, to me at least. They want to keep the low end about where it is, and its hard to put much more on the high end. I just believe it's difficult to move so far from your minimum requirements and keep the game working well.

This is my opinion, at least.

edit: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    They keep the graphical requirements low to appeal to a broader range of players. I know first hand several people which would unfortunately be able to play if the graphics requirements got much higher than they are. It also doesn't make sense to have too broad of a spectrum in how your game looks, to me at least. They want to keep the low end about where it is, and its hard to put much more on the high end. I just believe it's difficult to move so far from your minimum requirements and keep the game working well.

This is my opinion, at least.
    Yeah. Its the fun (Playing) part of the game and not the graphics that make it good anyway. Seriously, if graphics dramatically mattered to players, we'd have a million less subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I hope they at least fix the hexagon trees in STV, they're more noticeably bad than others.

Not to mention that if you play at max res and turn everything up, the game, while cartoonish, doesn't look THAT bad. It's not flashy, but the art is well done, for the most part. It's a clean looking game.