Deleted

when i try to load a recount library, my game locks up

so i'm using LUI 3 (combined with some other addons, passloot, crapaway, gearscore among others) and for some reason, when i try to load recount with one of it's libraries enabled (graph library), the game freezes on the loading screen. any advice?

I would suggest trying one of the addon management addons, like ACP etc to try loading it only after a reload UI to confirm if that is only an issue when you initially log in.
    Disable it to start with, and then once you are in, enable the addon and reload the UI.
    It it proves to still be an option, then either that or one of its dependencies may be out of date, or something else intefering with it.
    You can always try just loading recount and the minimum needed to get it to work.

Deleted
    how do you think i discerned that it was the graph library? i started with 0 addons, then enabled them one by one. once i got to recount, it asked me to enable some libraries through a "subtle" error message.

weird thing is that it's only on some characters. other characters don't have that problem.

Since it is on a per character basis, then perhaps it is the profile or saved variables for those characters at fault.
    Load it up on a working character, and type /recount gui

Near the bottom of this dialog will be a listbox containing Report, Threat, Profiles, Realtime - click Profiles.
    Scroll down the right-hand box, and you can delete the profiles for the problematic characters.
    If you are then able to load it ok on that character, you can then copy via a similar method a profile from another if you wish to have consistent settings.

I just find it odd that you mention a graph library, when I can see no mention of anything close to that in the dependencies unless it is something specific in Ace3.
    Since mine is using embedded libraries then I do not need to enable them seperately.

Deleted
    i am using non-embedded libraries. it was something treeston recommended to me when i had an issue with a different library.

Did the profile resetting do anything ?
    Because of it being a per character, and addon specific issue as determined, then that does leave only the dependencies or saved variables to be the cause.
    I am not aware of any need for the dependencies to have saved variables in those cases, so the saved variables are looking to be the likely culprit.

Try deleting the Recount folder from your WTF folder (after backing it up of course).

Deleted
    well, i think i solved it. turns out i accidentally updated my recount addon, which i shouldn't have done. i reinstalled my UI and now it doesn't give issues (although i dislike the slick version that LUI 3 gives. i prefer seeing class colors, smaller bars and having the top buttons. but i can change that at least).

You can update Recount to the newest version, but you have to go to the Recount Addon Directory and open "GUI_Main.lua".

Then change:
    Code:
    string:SetFont(Font, size, Flags)
    to
    Code:
    string:SetFont(Font, 13, Flags)
    to make it work with LUI.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator