Cataclysm Elemental Invasions - Buffed??

On the PTR, i was at Thunderbluff for one of the elemental invasions. I seem to remember the elites at the rifts have about 100-200k health. But i saw them there with 315k. Has it been increased?

When fighting them (i was on my own for a while), they seemed a LOT harder to kill. I have to use seal of insight and use all my holy power on Word of Glory instead of Shield of the Righteousness, as well as use divine protection every time it is off cooldown. And it takes a LONG time to just kill one.

Also, their stun is at 14 secs or something now. And while the water elementals have the standard "Water Prison" spell, with the earth elementals they use "Earth Prison 2".

The rifts now have 32 health, not sure if that is the same as they used to be.

Is blizzard slowly buffing this event, like the zombie plague?
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2010-10-02 at 10:16 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    On the PTR, i was at Thunderbluff for one of the elemental invasions. I seem to remember the elites at the rifts have about 100-200k health. But i saw them there with 315k. Has it been increased?

When fighting them (i was on my own for a while), they seemed a LOT harder to kill. I have to use seal of insight and use all my holy power on Word of Glory instead of Shield of the Righteousness, as well as use divine protection every time it is off cooldown. And it takes a LONG time to just kill one.

Also, their stun is at 14 secs or something now. And while the water elementals have the standard "Water Prison" spell, with the earth elementals they use "Earth Prison 2".

Is blizzard slowly buffing this event, like the zombie plague? If they buff the mob damage further, this will become unsoloable
    THAT IS THE POINT!

If players can solo the elementals, then how the heck can Death Wing shatter this world? I can't believe you're posting about how you want the game to be easier.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted

Is blizzard slowly buffing this event, like the zombie plague? If they buff the mob damage further, this will become unsoloable
    I hope they're buffing it. Think about it, if you can solo them, they won't be worth thinking about on live where there's 2k people in Org. Besides, these elementals are meant to be a pre-cursor to the "End of the world as we know it", they should be strong!

10+ Year Old Account
    so...the world event with elite mobs will not be soloable...
    jees I really want to punch you right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was something new about them....took me so long to kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's about protecting a city after all. I don't think that is something that should be done alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    THAT IS THE POINT!

If players can solo the elementals, then how the heck can Death Wing shatter this world? I can't believe you're posting about how you want the game to be easier.
    Dude what the fuck is your problem? This is the 2nd post you imply that im whining about cataclysm being more difficult in 10 minutes.

Im just concerned that live is going to be similar to the PTR, where the thunderbluff event dragged on for 20 minutes and more, making the city unusable. I agree the elementals should be difficult to kill, but right now they are VERY difficult. If they are buffed anymore they become quite unstoppable, and the event would lockdown the city forever if there are no players on.

EDIT: Reading through the posts, it seems people are misunderstanding my post. The elementals SHOULD be dangerous, but they shoulnt be impossible to kill by small numbers of players. On the PTR today, it went for so long in thunderbluff that the Orgrimmar dungeons had closed when the events ended. I dont mind the elementals being hard to kill, i actually enjoyed the challenge. But i think the problem is the rifts have 32 health. Perhaps the rifts should scale with the amount of players in the city or something, but during the event the city is unusable, and in less populated cities like Thunder Bluff, especially later on in the patch when everyone has seen the event and doesnt want to do it anymore, it causes a major issue by buffing it further.
    Last edited by Dragonwing; 2010-10-02 at 10:14 AM.
    Stulti se laudant.

Deleted
    I want earthquakes, lava, elite elementals that annoy casuals, lava, dragons, MOAAAAAAR LAAAAAAAVAAA...!!

EDIT: And no, the invasion should have its damage and numbers buffed. But not too much... *dreams about AQ invasion*
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-10-02 at 10:16 AM.

If they buff the mob damage further, this will become unsoloable
    That's the point. We must all work together. We are fighting elementals after all! Varian and Garrosh didn't come out to fight along with citizens for fun. WoW is multiplayer game. The less things you can do solo, the better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude what the fuck is your problem? This is the 2nd post you imply that im whining about cataclysm being more difficult in 10 minutes.

Im just concerned that live is going to be similar to the PTR, where the thunderbluff event dragged on for 20 minutes and more, making the city unusable. I agree the elementals should be difficult to kill, but right now they are VERY difficult. If they are buffed anymore they become quite unstoppable, and the event would lockdown the city forever if there are no players on.
    20 minutes isn't THAT long. And as I keep saying on the PTR: There are still Exodar, Darnassus, Silvermoon and Undercity which you can go to if you need a AH, bank, etc. etc. - you can even use the trade channel to whine about how you hate Exodar!

10+ Year Old Account

no, what is YOUR problem?
    you can solo them.
    when the event starts almost everyone will get to ALL of the cities to do the event.
    the PTR is ridiculously small compared to a live server.
    so the event will be over in a few minutes.

One thing that i think they should do instead of just buffing the health/damage of the elementals, is add new factors to the invasion, like Twilight cultists attacking or something to make people want to participate in the event more to see what is new...on a long term perspective, buffing the elementals can cause a lot of problems

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    no, what is YOUR problem?
    you can solo them.
    when the event starts almost everyone will get to ALL of the cities to do the event.
    the PTR is ridiculously small compared to a live server.
    so the event will be over in a few minutes.
    I was asking what his problem was because in another thread he quoted my post and "fixed" it to try and support his view.

And when the event first began on the ptr, it was over in a few minutes. But after a while, everyone had seen the event, had enough of it and stopped participating. In Org, its okay, but in Thunderbluff it poses a problem. As they buff the elementals further and further, there are less and less players in the event.
    Stulti se laudant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I have to agree with you on that. It seems rather uncreative to just buff the elementals. When there are not a lot players online it really drags out a very long time and whilst I don't mind healing wounded players - at some point it get's annoying when the dammed elementals won't go down and the rifts still have 20 health left.

I'd rather see some new aspects to the invasion, though I can't really give examples.

Would it really hurt you entitled whiners to answer the questions? So much crying and bitching over a simple question. I have not played on the PTr in a few days but it makes sense that they would be increasing the difficulty over time to slowly build up to the final stages of the opening events.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the night, the event can go on for hours without ending - it will probably be like this on Live too.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I think it will be OK if the event is not on the servers for long...

Like, Oct 12 the patch releases, Oct 19 the quests become available... Oct 26 the elemental invasions begin... Nov 2nd 4.0.3 releases and the cataclysm event happens, people test the new world untill the Dec 7 expansion releases (All speculated dates of course)

But if the elemental events are going on for 2 weeks, and you start getting unplayable cities while the cities are less populated, then i can see it causing problems...
    Stulti se laudant.

One thing that i think they should do instead of just buffing the health/damage of the elementals, is add new factors to the invasion, like Twilight cultists attacking or something to make people want to participate in the event more to see what is new...on a long term perspective, buffing the elementals can cause a lot of problems

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 10:20 AM ----------

I was asking what his problem was because in another thread he quoted my post and "fixed" it to try and support his view.

And when the event first began on the ptr, it was over in a few minutes. But after a while, everyone had seen the event, had enough of it and stopped participating. In Org, its okay, but in Thunderbluff it poses a problem. As they buff the elementals further and further, there are less and less players in the event.
    Yes, the problem is that guilds will feel motivated to get a group together and take down the elementals using team work, or raid tactics. Except it'll be more exciting them because it won't be in a closed instanced environment.

Portals are available for people who don't want to participate in the event.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Don't go to Thunder Bluff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.