Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    816
    Spectral mounts don't = the look of the spectral tiger, like I thought. Looks more like ghost mounts.

  2. #122
    Hahaha. Blizzard must of paid James Cameron for the Titanic script cause that sinking scene is so similar. the boat rears it's back out of the water, people begging to be released from behind the locked doors and then finally the last scene where you see the ship come down and you see some Goblins in the water thrown from the ship. All we need now is Celine Dion to sing as a Goblin - lmao

  3. #123
    after reading the comments i was almost excited for that cinematic.
    it was just a boat sinking another and some references to some conspiracy...

  4. #124
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Fernando, CA
    Posts
    30
    The cinematic is on par with film, I wish they'd make the Warcraft movie like this instead of with real actors.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Knocking down a game like Mario in comparison to WoW is just as stupid and invalid as your `` oranges cannot be called better than apples`` argument. Not really trying to defend that guy but now you`re the dumbass.
    I did not say mario was a bad game but if you think wow and mario take the same skill level or brain power to play than you are sadly mistaken my friend. There are various ways in which you can compare the two games and notice the difference whereas oranges and apples just come down to a choice of taste which is biased. Furthermore if you read my response again you will notice that I said even mario takes some skill and coordination to play.

    Also at the people claiming, at least from my pov that I and TB are the same, I can tell you that it is not the case. Just like him maybe I got tired of all the "bad players" this game has produced lately,nothing more nothing less. It's people like them who ruin the game for everyone. This is a multi player game where your actions affect people around you. What is worse most of the people these days don't even want to improve or adjust when you point out the obvious errors because they are either to lazy or don't care.

    If trying to make people better gamers so I and others don't have to suffer due to their incompetence makes me an elitist then so be it.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    I did not say mario was a bad game but if you think wow and mario take the same skill level or brain power to play than you are sadly mistaken my friend. There are various ways in which you can compare the two games and notice the difference whereas oranges and apples just come down to a choice of taste which is biased. Furthermore if you read my response again you will notice that I said even mario takes some skill and coordination to play.
    Wwll actually oranges and apples can be judged on much more than just taste, the nutrition each provides per portion can be directly compared numerically and seasonal yields per region can be better or worse for each so it's not all bias.

    WoW can be pretty braindead a lot of the time so don't go thinking its leaps and bounds over so many other things just because the occasional boss needs some people to wake up. I'm not claiming that any mario game is a brainbuster but play some of the old ones and I'm sure you'll lose lives more often than you went to the graveyard per hour (not a perfect example but again, not really possible to compare like i said). Mario games have a definitive ends (they don't have the luxury of continuous patches increasing the difficulty over time) where WoW dosn't (top level? final boss atm? max skills? besides being a longer game anyways) so that makes the endgame wrong to compare. Anyways the games are pretty much uncomparible in most fair ways, at least in the same respect you claim apples and oranges can't be compared when it's about enjoyment preference. Because one game is longer than the other dosn't clearly make one better/harder than the other either (not that you made that claim...yet)

    I'm not trying to defend mario or even really trying to argue you out of any sort of spite but don't become high and mighty with you're "there are so many bad gamers out there" stuff and try to make an inept analog while trying to argue someone elses inept statements (BTW I didn't create any new comparisons I was merely disproving yours so don't claim that mine are faulty cause in the end it comes back to you).

    Anyways I also realize/hope you probably didn't really mean to sound the way you did (everyone knows the apples to oranges argument, I'm sure you probably didn't think much of it when you wrote it.) but mario really didn't need to be sucked into this. I'm probably done nitpicking

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Wwll actually oranges and apples can be judged on much more than just taste, the nutrition each provides per portion can be directly compared numerically and seasonal yields per region can be better or worse for each so it's not all bias.

    WoW can be pretty braindead a lot of the time so don't go thinking its leaps and bounds over so many other things just because the occasional boss needs some people to wake up. I'm not claiming that any mario game is a brainbuster but play some of the old ones and I'm sure you'll lose lives more often than you went to the graveyard per hour (not a perfect example but again, not really possible to compare like i said). Mario games have a definitive ends (they don't have the luxury of continuous patches increasing the difficulty over time) where WoW dosn't (top level? final boss atm? max skills? besides being a longer game anyways) so that makes the endgame wrong to compare. Anyways the games are pretty much uncomparible in most fair ways, at least in the same respect you claim apples and oranges can't be compared when it's about enjoyment preference. Because one game is longer than the other dosn't clearly make one better/harder than the other either (not that you made that claim...yet)

    I'm not trying to defend mario or even really trying to argue you out of any sort of spite but don't become high and mighty with you're "there are so many bad gamers out there" stuff and try to make an inept analog while trying to argue someone elses inept statements (BTW I didn't create any new comparisons I was merely disproving yours so don't claim that mine are faulty cause in the end it comes back to you).

    Anyways I also realize/hope you probably didn't really mean to sound the way you did (everyone knows the apples to oranges argument, I'm sure you probably didn't think much of it when you wrote it.) but mario really didn't need to be sucked into this. I'm probably done nitpicking
    Well as to the orange apple analogy I just took two random fruits to illustrate the idea. As for fruits and the actual games I was providing "feedback" from the point of the potential buyer who cares mostly about quality(taste maybe some nutritional value as well and gameplay). Furthermore i chose mario just because it was an old game that many knew how to play(or at least i think they did) and to contrast mechanics. Like i said I did in no way try to imply mario was a bad game just that it was different at least gameplay wise compared 2 wow. Mario is static wow is progressive, therefor you always need to learn new things.

    As to wow being braindead that is due to all the addons and videos out there. Ask vanilla players how bosses felt without them, although they were way easier than the ones we have today. Every boss is hard till you learn how to beat it.

    Anyways let's just toss all this fruit games analogy out the window no point arguing about it. My point is there are allot of bad players out there who just say things without thinking about what or how the real situation is(he knows better than the entire blizz dev team). Because this is what it all started from some guy talking .... out of his mouth without actually saying anything worth remembering and another one claiming he is discussing the game's future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhilis View Post
    The new raid lock-out system being tested in ICC and RS is completely stupid. I'll leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    'Total assertion with no evidence or rationale to back it up, I'll leave it at that'.

    Yeah thanks for your dumb opinion I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Take your elitist attitude back to your YouTube page, please. We don't need it here - we're too busy discussing the game to tell you how wonderful you are right now, thank you.
    Like I said if these guys are discussing wow's future no wonder it got where it is today. TB called him dumb based on the guy's words,rest just opened their mouths without actually thinking.

  8. #128
    While 1:43 was sort of fun, i fail to see the epicness.

  9. #129
    High Overlord Sailen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    176
    Love the mounts !

  10. #130
    Why are the ppl sad about those Goblins... they are ressing in the nearest graveyard.

  11. #131
    So true.. I just want to hold hands with TB and skip threw the daisies with him.. I write about it in my journal every day.. *dreams*

  12. #132
    The sunflower is from plants vs zombies, and is voiced by Laura Shigihara, who composed, arranged / played and sang the music in PvZ. Shocked at how many people love the pet but don't even get the reference. >_<

    See this video. Last 20 secs.
    youtube.com/watch?v=XHDXTwt2p-0
    Last edited by Cynicalcs84; 2010-10-06 at 11:27 AM.

  13. #133
    like that omage to Plants vs Zombies

  14. #134
    Keyboard Turner Frostian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Uldum
    Posts
    2
    OMG totally getting exalted with Hellscream's Reach for the Espectral Wolf Mount.

  15. #135
    Keyboard Turner barthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    3
    i hope chelestian horse wont be a trade card item or you must buy it at the blizzard shop, it realy looks cool and i would love to farm a few hours to get it

  16. #136
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    28
    Finally saw a Sunflower in Stormwind today - very cute!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •