Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You cant transfer a lvl1 char
    Blizzard dont care about Guildbank Gold Transfers (also 100k isnt that much)
    But realy for what do you need 100k on a Beta Server?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    Hey all,

My younger brother was just flagged for beta access (lucky sod!) and I wondered if the following might raise any red flags with Blizzard, or whether it would be fine to do.

We play on different realms, but preparing for Cataclysm I've managed to save up nearly 100k gold in my personal guild bank. If he creates a level 1 on my realm, withdraws all the gold and then copies that level 1 to the beta, finally giving me all my gold back, will it likely be flagged as suspicious? It's a lot of money to pull out of a guild bank and transfer between accounts I know, but it's not like it's being stolen. I'm assuming the beta copy doesn't have limitations on moving money as it's all just temporary anyway.

Figured I'd ask here before I asked a GM, just in case someone knew.

Cheers!
    My wife's account got flagged for the beta a few weeks ago, and she wanted to have some spending cash there. We have a guild bank shared between all of our AH mules that contains a substantial amount of gold, so she simply pulled out 200k on an AH mule and alot of useful mats then copied the AH mule to beta and redeposited all the gold.

Never once gave any thought to this being suspicious or anything. It's not like gold is exactly hard to come by on the beta or there's any sort of real economy that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asozeras View Post
    My wife's account got flagged for the beta a few weeks ago, and she wanted to have some spending cash there. We have a guild bank shared between all of our AH mules that contains a substantial amount of gold, so she simply pulled out 200k on an AH mule and alot of useful mats then copied the AH mule to beta and redeposited all the gold.

Never once gave any thought to this being suspicious or anything. It's not like gold is exactly hard to come by on the beta or there's any sort of real economy that matters.
    Cheers, this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, just need to find out if you can actually transfer a level 1 character, or if I need to powerlevel him to 10 or something.

As for everyone asking "Why?", why not? It's duplicated money, I'm not loosing anything and it'll let him mess around with as many characters as he wants without once having to worry about money or gold =)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    i'd be really surprised if they care about gold on the beta.
    I think he's more worried about the trade on live - it might look as if he's bought gold.

Deleted
    That would probably automatically flag and suspend your account.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    Cheers, this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, just need to find out if you can actually transfer a level 1 character, or if I need to powerlevel him to 10 or something.

As for everyone asking "Why?", why not? It's duplicated money, I'm not loosing anything and it'll let him mess around with as many characters as he wants without once having to worry about money or gold =)
    She copied over a level 1 auction mule.

A copied character does not always reflect that on live at the time the copy is started, and there is no guarantee that the gold will transfer across.
    I believe there are automated mechanisms to flag large transfers of gold, so such a transfer will likely be noticed.
    Asking a GM is never a bad idea, and in this case one I would advise.

I wonder if they even notice when you transfer gold via Guild Bank.

But anyway, the funny part is that you can copy a character with 100k gold to beta multiple times.
    Gogo 'who wants to be a millionaire'!

Quote Originally Posted by Asozeras View Post
    She copied over a level 1 auction mule.
    Excellent! Thanks ever so much =D

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A copied character does not always reflect that on live at the time the copy is started, and there is no guarantee that the gold will transfer across.
    I believe there are automated mechanisms to flag large transfers of gold, so such a transfer will likely be noticed.
    Asking a GM is never a bad idea, and in this case one I would advise.
    I'll invite him to the guild and let him withdraw it all, copy the character and wait until the character appears on the beta before getting him to deposit it back. Like I said, he's my little brother, he won't steal it and by withdrawing it and remaining in the guild, it looks far less suspicious than trading it between accounts.

Still might petition a GM though, just to be safe.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 09:03 PM ----------

I just spoke with a GM on live, they confirmed that allowing someone to take all the money and copy that character to the beta servers wouldn't flag either account for any reason. So now I have my answer ^^

Thanks all for your replies, greatly appreciated!