Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Trade Prince Gallywix is actually a parody of Bobby Kotick.

Liked subject until huge wall of text, that was pretty much a face-roll, meh.,

Whether he plays or not isn't an issue, he can put pressure on the dev team to cut costs which means all the little fun stuff we enjoy might get cut, like a dance studio(not saying that's what happened). If we notice WoW really streamlining then we'll know he's done something.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    You know what id do if he did?
    id camp his ass to the ground every second of every day, i cant explain how much i hate that man.
    So would a lot of people. He'd have to be on a PvE server forever.

The second he ever flagged, he's not going anywhere unless he spirit resurrects, and then I'd be willing to bet that we could have people waiting at the nearby graveyards to gank him over and over.
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2010-10-02 at 07:21 PM.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    You know what id do if he did?
    id camp his ass to the ground every second of every day, i cant explain how much i hate that man.
    Assuming that both you played 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. I swear I would fight him in a videogame, that's how much I hate him guys!

Deleted
    He doesn't play WoW, he doesn't play any game, he has no fucking clue what games are about or he wouldn't continously come up with fucking retarded ideas how to rip off players even more.
    Pretty sure he has said stuff in interviews like "I know nothing about games and I don't want to." paraphrasing here.

His latest "fantastic" idea is to sell the ingame cinematics, eg. the ones from Starcraft 2 (the example he himself used) seperately for 20-30 bucks. Don't think he even said a word about lowering the game price, so 50-60 bucks game + 20-30 bucks for the ingame cinematics that are actually necessary to adequately present the story, the characters.

That's after he said that Bungee (coincidentally after they jumped in bed with Activision I think) are the single remaining indepent developer, pretty much giving companies like Valve the finger.

The guy has no damn clue, he just wants more $$$.
    And I get that he wants that, as a businessman, but there are other businessmen who also want to maximize profit but know their shit, know their industry whereas he doesn't seem to know one damn thing about this whole thing.

I fucking hate that guy so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictis View Post
    /EXTREMELY insightful post
    Very nice, Maledictis. A lot of people should read this.

I think a better question would be whether or not Bobby Kotick is honestly the right person to be helming Activision-Blizzard, whether there is somebody else out there who would simply be better for the company's health as a whole.

And my answer to that question is yes - Bobby Kotick has made quite a few questionable business decisions (dropping some franchises that other companies picked up and later were extremely successful with), as well as said many questionable things, the executive equivalent of political gaffes. If Activision-Blizzard ever faced a crises and Kotick was charged with fixing it, he strikes me as the sort who would abandon the company with a golden parachute, rather than actually be able to save the company.

Perhaps Kotick would just be a better CEO for a multi-national company that sold peaches, to use your example.

You honestly think he has time to play wow with all the time he spends on yachts fucking sweet bitches?

Quote Originally Posted by aceborn View Post
    Liked subject until huge wall of text, that was pretty much a face-roll, meh.,
    Try reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    His latest "fantastic" idea is to sell the ingame cinematics, eg. the ones from Starcraft 2 (the example he himself used) seperately for 20-30 bucks. Don't think he even said a word about lowering the game price, so 50-60 bucks game + 20-30 bucks for the ingame cinematics that are actually necessary to adequately present the story, the characters.
    You're joking?

If they ever did that, I might pay for the game, but the cinematics I would pirate in a heartbeat. No question.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    How many times has this been said Bobby Kotick has NO SAY at all when it comes to Blizzard games.
    In what fantasy world do you live?, of course he has a say in what happens with blizzard games rofl.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Maledictis View Post
    [...]
    Great post.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Not when he doesnt control what happens at Blizzard.
    He's the CEO. He has control. He may or may not make use of it, but he can do whatever he wants with Blizzard if he so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    In what fantasy world do you live?, of course he has a say in what happens with blizzard games rofl.
    Keep in mind that he has as much say as each member of the rest of the board of directors, not to mention Blizzard's own, separate president. There's thankfully a whole bunch of people around to 'power check' Bobby Kotick. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that Activision-Blizzard is some kind of monarchy with Kotick as the king, and he can waltz around and simply command people to do shit.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by InbredPsychosis View Post
    He's the CEO. He has control. He may or may not make use of it, but he can do whatever he wants with Blizzard if he so desired.
    The CEO is not the king, the CEO answers to investors, shareholders, the rest of the board of directors, and is alongside Blizzard's own president as well, because yes, Blizz still has one despite the merger.

EDIT: I just want to be sure that I'm being clear: I think Bobby Kotick is a really awful human being and I would rather have ANYBODY else at the helm of Actision-Blizzard. I just want to make sure people understand he isn't as all-powerful as they're making him out to be, thankfully.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-02 at 07:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this; we really don't need this much hate here, nor does it belong in a Cataclysm section. Thanks to those of you who actually posted reasonably.