Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Cataclysm party!!!

    So the release of Cataclysm is going to be a HUGE event. Well at least at my house it will be.
    So some ideas I had to make this release more epic for my friends and wife.

    First things first, you can't have a party without food. Luckily I have found some recipes that match (almost) the food in WoW. I am thinking of making a "Fish Feast" like I saw on Cooking with Z. (youtube) Also considering Ribs, and Mega mammoth meatloaf.

    What's a party without a game or two. Starting working on a paper mache Deathwing. Instead of a stick I have one of those Incredible Hulk fist, and we are going to "Punch that dragon in the face!" Most likely this will be filled with some wow cards, some candy, and some confetti.

    Since the manager at Gamestop told me that WOTLK had 100+ people waiting outside, we are obviously going to have to wait awhile to get our game. Odds are our "raid" on gamestop will take about and hour or two. And what does every good raider bring to a raid?
    CONSUMABLES!! Thinking of throwing together a "raid care package" for my group consisting of:
    Flask of Coffee
    Some kind of strudel (pop tarts if my wife doesn't want to cook actually pastries. =P)
    Two homemade potions one health one mana (1 part Jello, 1 part koolaide, 1 part energy drink)
    "Felstone" homemade hard candies.

    Anyways...
    What does everyone else plan to do for the release? Any ideas I can steal?

  2. #2
    Geekies thing I ever heard. Love it

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    Geekies thing I ever heard. Love it
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no.

  4. #4
    I wish I had more friends playing WoW :<

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Ceethemage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texarkana, Texas
    Posts
    1,327
    Those are really awesome ideas. My husband is going to be waiting at Meijer's around 8pm to wait to pick up our copy. I will probably stock up on some snacks or make my own. I love the idea of the potions, and the flasks of coffee. Those are absolutely awesome.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no.
    ROFL! sad story man, that sounds cool

  7. #7
    what I plan to do for release? go pick up game, go home, install game, Play :P

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    what I plan to do for release? go pick up game, go home, install game, Play :P
    This pretty much. Will probably buy some Coca Cola and energy drinks just to make it more interesting, then hangout with friends in game and enjoy all the lag, disconnects and gank.
    Heyoo!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smallcutecub View Post
    I wish I had more friends playing WoW :<
    I wish i had atleast one friend that plays WoW.

    Not planning anything, getting the game and playing it.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord chalmerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Moffat, Scotland.
    Posts
    863
    get a few crates and lvl as quick as i can before i KO.
    'Mon the Scots!

  11. #11
    Can I be your friend?

    Might I suggest the summoning portal say, into the kitchen or anoher room? You could also put a ginat yellow ! On your front door.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

  12. #12
    I need to find some bottles that look alchemy like, but I don't think walmart carries that kind of thing.
    If anyone wants the mana potion recipe,
    1 Make the koolaid according to the directions. Blue koolaid is perfect to keep the "mana" the correct color. Be sure to get this mixture nice and cold.

    2 Mix half energy drink to half koolaid. Monster has a sugar free one that is perfect for a good taste added to the sugary koolaid.

    3 Make Jello *blue* according to package directions. Some are quicker ways to make than others.

    4 When the Blue Jello is done, make sure you stir it up with a metal spoon until it is completely gooey. Then, pour into his absolute favorite cup. Mix the liquid mixture into the jell-o. This is a really yummy taste.


    Read more: How to Make Homemade Mana Juice For A Gamer | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5119146_make...#ixzz11EfOUHUy

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    Can I be your friend?

    Might I suggest the summoning portal say, into the kitchen or anoher room? You could also put a ginat yellow ! On your front door.
    I actually organized the release event for WOTLK for my Best Buy. We had the people handing out vouchers for the game wearing shirts that had a huge ! on them and the cashiers wearing shirts with a ?...
    Great idea though.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,533
    Just one question.

    Can I come? That sounds awesome fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  16. #16
    Over 9000! Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,897
    Lol, that's pretty epic. Wish I had awesome friends like that.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Just one question.

    Can I come? That sounds awesome fun.
    That would be one hell of a plane ticket sir/maam
    I'll post pictures of the event when it actually happens.


    Oh almost forgot. I bought some of the Tankard of Terror mugs for lols a few months back. Planning on putting Cream Soda in em. Would use real beer but with my alcohol problem and the fact someone has to drive the car to the store, I don't think it's that good of an idea.

  18. #18
    I wish i had friends

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    So the release of Cataclysm is going to be a HUGE event. Well at least at my house it will be.
    So some ideas I had to make this release more epic for my friends and wife.

    First things first, you can't have a party without food. Luckily I have found some recipes that match (almost) the food in WoW. I am thinking of making a "Fish Feast" like I saw on Cooking with Z. (youtube) Also considering Ribs, and Mega mammoth meatloaf.

    What's a party without a game or two. Starting working on a paper mache Deathwing. Instead of a stick I have one of those Incredible Hulk fist, and we are going to "Punch that dragon in the face!" Most likely this will be filled with some wow cards, some candy, and some confetti.

    Since the manager at Gamestop told me that WOTLK had 100+ people waiting outside, we are obviously going to have to wait awhile to get our game. Odds are our "raid" on gamestop will take about and hour or two. And what does every good raider bring to a raid?
    CONSUMABLES!! Thinking of throwing together a "raid care package" for my group consisting of:
    Flask of Coffee
    Some kind of strudel (pop tarts if my wife doesn't want to cook actually pastries. =P)
    Two homemade potions one health one mana (1 part Jello, 1 part koolaide, 1 part energy drink)
    "Felstone" homemade hard candies.

    Anyways...
    What does everyone else plan to do for the release? Any ideas I can steal?
    i wish i had friends cause i would then do stuff like this :/
    jk
    OT: ill prolly just have alot of fun waiting at gamestop 2hrs before midnight and bring some cool stuff maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no.
    Epic.
    Sounds like a great party x)

    I'll do as I always do...
    go to school, work or what ever I do that day, and pick up cataclysm when I'm done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •