Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Some people prefer 25s
    If you're locked at say Gunship, and you see a PUG "LFM ICC25, we are at gunship"
    You're not going to join?

Just noticed you specified guild runs, well my first point applies =D

Another one of these threads? Roll out the counters..
    First off the items are the same on 10m and 25m you guys are out of date the post was on MMO almost a month ago includes recipes, tokens, and etc..

Why the Change:The difficulty is being altered to where 10 and 25man will be the same so people can pick BASED ON WHAT THEY ENJOY and what's convenient for them. Now 10man guilds will be as legit as 25mans and yes some people enjoy 25mans.

Intensive: The choice for you may seem easy but for guilds that can easily muster up 25mans it means more gear for them means they'll be ready for Heroic mode faster. As gear is a tool but the more tools that drop the easier heroic mode will be for them. Why is this so important? For people that enjoy min/maxing this increase drop per raider will be more then enough intensive though a case can be made for 10mans in that it's more for people that enjoy a small social circle. Getting to the Heroic modes means a lot to some people as this game is competitive in nature.

Not-Enough?: Don't care then stick to what you like to play
    Last edited by Skyrim the Souless; 2010-10-03 at 01:00 AM.

Long Live Photoshop! Making Sigs and Ugly People look Hot Since 1990!

25 man raiding is just better than 10 man, simple as that, its just a lot more entertaining for me
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by palage View Post
    blue or not true

Hehe yer dumb, it's even posted (the blues) on this site. Don't be a baddie

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-(updated-6.5)

You can find plenty more on here more up to date also. /sigh Ohhh the power of search... imagine the possibilities!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Guess 25man could be said to be the "hardest" mode possible in game. Thus having some people run it to be able to say they beat the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    Guess 25man could be said to be the "hardest" mode possible in game. Thus having some people run it to be able to say they beat the game.
    They already covered this 10m and 25m will be the same difficulty for players meaning you make the choice based on what's fun for you.

25: More fun, more challenging, more loot, more legendaries, and sadly, more lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim the Souless View Post
    They already covered this 10m and 25m will be the same difficulty for players meaning you make the choice based on what's fun for you.
    Hah.

25 will always be "harder" than 10. Even if you get a "promise" from blizzard.

To the topic: No I dont think there will be many reasons to do 25 man,the mechanics will be the same,the loot will be the same and there's much less tards in 10 man :P
    So the epic feeling of doing 25 man,I belive, will be gone.
    Maybe they will add some achievements like "Defeat this boss in 10 and 25 player mode" which would incerase your Glvl,Thats the only way they can save 25 mans imo.

To the offtopic: Yup,10 mans and 25mans will share the loot,including legendaries and realm firsts...Yeah..I know..
    Last edited by Shammy-Valk; 2010-10-03 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo

I'm just glad that I can now obtain the highest quality loot ingame with only my irl friends by my side and not have to rely on people I know only as a voice over vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer 10mans for the reason that I have never in my entire time playing the game been in a raid with 24 great players, but I have been in a 10man with 9 great players, so I prefer 10man. Most of the content I enjoyed most was 10man content, generally a better atmosphere in vent and each individuals kill matters a lot more in 10man than in a 25man.

Hah.

It's more of a design view like bring back true heroics,CC,and making epics feel epic again(which they did) so I have a good feeling but whatever I don't care can't prove myself right as Blizzard hasn't released the raids on the Beta so their's no point arguing I believe they'll carry thru if enough ppl control their Q.Q

Hah.

Orly? Sarth3D 10man (pre-Ulduar, of course) says hello.
    If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Hah.

Sarth 3D was harder in 10m than 25m back when it was the hot content. (heh, above poster beat me :P)
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    25 man will drop more loot/points per person, from what I've heard. Say you get 2 drops and 10 valor points from one boss on 10 man. So one piece of gear per 5 people, 10 points per person. In 25, if they follow through with what they've said, they'll drop something like 6 pieces of gear and maybe 15 points, so 1 piece of gear per ~4 people and 15 points per person.

That's how I understand it, at least.

One hardmode of one encounter in an entire xpac does not a valid argument make.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

since they is close on the same, its all just about what you enjoy most. maybe you think its cooler to be in 25mans? maybe you know alot of persons to do 25man? maybe you just like many people? maybe you like few people you know much? all options you can make without feeling that you dont get the best you can.

10 man has unique challenges that has to be overcome that you don't have to deal with when you have 25 people. Great example is Naxx. 4 horsemen fight in 10 man you either have to have 3 healers or both healers have to heal multiple targets while watching the mechanics and moving in and out of an AoE. There are several examples of this throughout wrath. In 25 man it was much easier. One healer per tank on the bosses and a second up front to take care of any issues. Also you have more room to have a subpar player in 25 man than 10. So their are still advantages to playing in larger groups just smaller groups don't get shafted into lesser loot because they didn't have 25 of the right people on that night.

Let me also say that having played 40,25,20,15,10, and 5 man through the years as a healer its much easier to manage mana when you have more healers doing the same job. The slowest of you can just backfill while the others take a short mana break making the run a bit smoother if you are all in sync.

There you have it 2 reasons to do larger raid content.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc

If you ask me the only REAL reason this is being implemented is in relation to how for years now WoW has been getting more and more casualized.

This is just another step in appealing to the casual mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    I prefer 10mans for the reason that I have never in my entire time playing the game been in a raid with 24 great players, but I have been in a 10man with 9 great players, so I prefer 10man. Most of the content I enjoyed most was 10man content, generally a better atmosphere in vent and each individuals kill matters a lot more in 10man than in a 25man.
    To each their own it's almost the opposite for me I know 25mans are harder to set up and RL over but it feels that much more rewarding when the boss drops I don't care about the gear it's just a tool any real raider understands this it's the excitement of 24 other people yelling in vent when you spent many nights wiping on something and finally get it down. Short version: I like big nerdgasms :P