Thread: Just dinged 80

Just dinged 80

I dont know if there is a thread to post this in but here it goes;

My druid just got to 80 and i have a 3k gs;
    so where do i go from here? Im planning on grinding for all the tier 9 pieces, I read somewhere that i should buy all the tier 9 pieces except the chest, is this true? Why? Basically i just want to know what the fastest way to build my gs is so i can run an icc10 before cata. Finally I dont know which spec to gear, is gearing a tank or a tree harder than boomkin?

Really need to pick a spec before you get much help here. You will grind triumph badges a lot faster if you spec bear/tree. Will have near instant dungeon queues that way.

Other than that, pick a spec that you want to raid with then we will be able to give you a lot more in depth information.

I guess out of the 3, my favorite is resto...

All specs are about equally hard to gear. I'd wait for 4.0.1 for cashing in your badges, though, so you can just skip T9 and go right to T10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good point about waiting... all those useless triumphs will turn into justice points usable on T10

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealotrusher View Post
    My druid just got to 80 and i have a 3k gs
    Grats !
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I guess out of the 3, my favorite is resto...
    if you are going resto then get the T10 legs and gloves first. followed by the frost badge 264 circle of ossus best and leather haste chest. get the T9 shoulders and the emblem of triumph haste helmet. that will set you up with the most amount of haste rating. Also get purified lunar dust from emblems of frost. you might look at getting volde's cloak of the night sky.

get the emblem of triumph ring, and try to snipe marrowgar's ring off the AH. they are usually really cheap on my server. Once you get enough ICC rep you will replace the triumph ring with the ashen verdict ring.

The rest of your gear will have to come out of ICC or heroic ICC 5-mans (necklace, second trinket, and weapon). Also have the ilvl245 bejeweled wizard's bracers made.

This close to the end of the expansion, personally I wouldn't spend the badges since justice points will be usable on level 85 items. But I gave you the list anyway in case you don't mind having to spend points on gear that you will be replacing by the time you get to level 82. My resto gear was a mix of all 264/277 stuff and the only thing that survived my trip to level 85 on the beta was my idols and a ring.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-10-04 at 05:57 PM.

First step is to delete Gearscore from your addon folder. :3
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    if you are going resto then get the T10 legs and gloves first. followed by the frost badge 264 circle of ossus best and leather haste chest. get the T9 shoulders and the emblem of triumph haste helmet. that will set you up with the most amount of haste rating. Also get purified lunar dust from emblems of frost. you might look at getting volde's cloak of the night sky.
    I would definitely not recommend the Circle of Ossus this close to 4.0.1. You will want to try and wear full leather if possible.

5% more Int in full leather might not sound like much, but wearing the circle over a blue leather belt is like not wearing a belt at all.

yeah i considered that, but there isn't much leather outside of raids that would really be a viable alternative. maybe the leather moonkin belt, but you lose a lot of mana regen with that.

belt of arctic life would be the best non-raid option, but at ilvl 226 it isn't going to have any staying power.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-10-04 at 06:44 PM.

Belt of the Living Thicket would be an option. It's fairly inexpensive, and even though it's only 226, it will still beat the snot out of the circle in 4.0.1 due to leather specialization.

10+ Year Old Account
    with 4.0 estimated i'd recommend grabbing whatever you can buy. Shoot for your 4 pc for resto first- to get the CRIT on your rejuv. it really helps out. then start bumping in other pieces.

You might however want to consider boomkin so you have a mildly decent leveling set for the dec. 7th release of cata.

my 2 cents.

Hey, after some play my gearscore is now around 3900, im about 25 emblems away from t9 pants which will make it go around 4100

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...iev&cn=Manglin

yes i changed my mind and went for a balence spec

2 questions, how do i get it up to 5000 so that i can start running icc and when can i start doing heroic halls of reflection?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I dont know if there is a thread to post this in but here it goes;

My druid just got to 80 and i have a 3k gs;
    so where do i go from here? Im planning on grinding for all the tier 9 pieces, I read somewhere that i should buy all the tier 9 pieces except the chest, is this true? Why? Basically i just want to know what the fastest way to build my gs is so i can run an icc10 before cata. Finally I dont know which spec to gear, is gearing a tank or a tree harder than boomkin?
    Exept the chest? Hm I think thats because there is a ilvl 245 craftable-chest that will match your set/spec anyways, also, depending on your setbonus, it might be better to buy the other 245 items instead of just getting t9, for the sake of t9.
    BUT of course, you could also just farm emblems like a freaking nutter, both triumph and frost... and then save them for patch 4.01, where they will all change into points, so you can buy t10 instead.

---------- Post added 2010-10-05 at 09:16 AM ----------

Hey, after some play my gearscore is now around 3900, im about 25 emblems away from t9 pants which will make it go around 4100

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...iev&cn=Manglin

yes i changed my mind and went for a balence spec

2 questions, how do i get it up to 5000 so that i can start running icc and when can i start doing heroic halls of reflection?
    Get some glyphs O_O and pick up the imp. fairy faire talent if you need hit rating
    Last edited by Venziir; 2010-10-05 at 09:17 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Get some glyphs :/
    Glyph of Starfire
    Glyph of Moonfire
    Glyph of Starfall
    Just farm emblem gear that should get you close enough
    Seeing as you have the T9 helm get the off tier shoulders. Get the crafted bracers and crafted belt off the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    First step is to delete Gearscore from your addon folder. :3
    Lol, couldn't agree more xD
    OT: If you want straight GS boosting stuff then get T9 except for the shoulders and head(which are ilvl 245 over ilvl 232 from the T9 pieces (Less DPS but GS freaks aren't likely to care about that). If you absolutely want the 245 trinkets, have some proper dps trinkets laying around so you can equip them after the GS check but before you start the boss fight. If you want to spend the cash on it theres some crafted 245 pieces(chest and shoulders) you can buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

buy pvp gear if you have some honor points to spare, that gear boosts GS really fast :P

Though i really dont like gear score, the fastest way to improve it is to get rid of your heirlooms, the game calculates gear score based on the total item level of each of your pieces of gear. Heirlooms have a gear score of 1, so if you have chest, shoulders, weapon and both trinkets, you have a total of 5 gear score from 5 slots.

I'd suggest swapping them out for anything, i recently had this problem when i wanted to get my priest into the ICC 5 mans, it kept saying 'I must obtain better gear' all i did was swap out my two Heirloom trinkets for ilvl 200 ones and i was able to queue for them

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Though i really dont like gear score, the fastest way to improve it is to get rid of your heirlooms, the addon calculates gear score based on the total item level of each of your pieces of gear. Heirlooms have a gear score of 1, so if you have chest, shoulders, weapon and both trinkets, you have a total of 5 gear score from 5 slots.
    Fixed that for you.

The game doesn't calculate gear score at all.