Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    Before Cataclysm: As a rogue I could jump a Pally and being Sub I hit like a fluffy kitten against him. However, through his sucking and keyboard turning, I down him to about 10%. I mean while have taken a bit of incidental damage due to Ret Aura, Consecration, other players AoEing. He hits Bubble, he goes from 10 back to 100 and being Ret has no trouble with mana. Meanwhile Mr. Rogue is still at his 60%. I'm out of stealth, he can still attack me to keep me from stealthing and restarting the encounter.

Thus I hated Bubble and Cleanse.

Cataclysm: Paladin bubbles, he's got 4 less seconds. I hit Recuperate to get back those Combo points that would have been wasted by his bubble. My health goes back up as does his, it's round 2.

So what I guess I'm getting at is that it was more of a pain in WotLK then it will be in Cata when I can heal too.
    A rogue complaining? INCONCEIVABLE!!!! In your defense though seriously, unless a rogue severely outgeared me, he wasn't beating me. But onnn the otherrr hand....at least in duels, i never used my bubble, so rogues could never used that against me. For that matter, i never used bubbles in duels. I never wanted to be used to them, and i felt it improved my skills, so as not to be so dependant on them. And you know what for the most part, in bgs i never did really either, unless it was ABSOLUTELY necessary. To like heal a comrade, or whatever, or in 2v2's when i was in dble dps teams. I learned the hard way to save those 30 secs for bubble rather then an av that more then likely wasn't goin to amount to anything. Whereas a bubble would annoyingly enough, just reset the fight....or delay the inevitable lol.

but O.T.: At this point, i'd rather them take it away completely just to see more utility and "mitigagtion" and not immunity given back to the paladin. Though they said thats what they were doing, and i have yet to see them completely...COMPLETELY replace what they took away in our defensive tools as ret. And so much has changed in the last 2 xpacs, that bubble hearth is completely ignorable, and for me has lost its fun, and humor.

There's soo many other concerns, and yet your worried about the most useless one(to the op).
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

No idea.

Then again, paladin is one of my two favorite classes (the other being mage), and I've never bubble-hearthed anyway. So I won't really miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightworker View Post
    You can't compare our shield(s) to other class abilities like feign death, vanish, hex, polymorph, or any other weird comparison. Soooooooooo not even close.

So, I guess we'll never know why they killed the bubble hearth. Oh well.

Oh, and yes - it is a legendary pally ability.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=37782/ga...heerful-hearth
    I honestly think they weren't zoning in or targeting in on the "bubble hearth". I think more so they were targeting our defensive tools. And just threw in the taunt and joke of "oh yeah, so no more iconic bubble hearth GG LOL".
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

The point isnt its usefulness, its how influential this move has been. Bubble hearthing is in thousands if not millions of WoW machinima', comics, and flash animations. Its joked about all the time and everyone gets a kick out of it in-game. Removing it will render all WoW fan media with BH jokes invalid and make new players oblivious to its existence.

I hope they weren't jokin about that glyph!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    There is currently no bubble hearth glyph in the game files or in-game. We'll see when they release new glyphs in Cataclysm (probably 4.1 or so).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    There is currently no bubble hearth glyph in the game files or in-game. We'll see when they release new glyphs in Cataclysm (probably 4.1 or so).
    Well such a glyph would be VERY easy to add in a patch. It merely modifies numerical values. Nothing hard like modifying visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    Before Cataclysm: As a rogue I could jump a Pally and being Sub I hit like a fluffy kitten against him. However, through his sucking and keyboard turning, I down him to about 10%. I mean while have taken a bit of incidental damage due to Ret Aura, Consecration, other players AoEing. He hits Bubble, he goes from 10 back to 100 and being Ret has no trouble with mana. Meanwhile Mr. Rogue is still at his 60%. I'm out of stealth, he can still attack me to keep me from stealthing and restarting the encounter.

Thus I hated Bubble and Cleanse.

Cataclysm: Paladin bubbles, he's got 4 less seconds. I hit Recuperate to get back those Combo points that would have been wasted by his bubble. My health goes back up as does his, it's round 2.

So what I guess I'm getting at is that it was more of a pain in WotLK then it will be in Cata when I can heal too.
    So a pally is a rogue counter class. So what? Go gank a caster!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    So a pally is a rogue counter class. So what? Go gank a caster!
    I doubt that come the new changes....but i guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpug View Post
    Hunters should get a bubble
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19263 is your bubble.. and believe me, all classes would like something like that at least...
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkh View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19263 is your bubble.. and believe me, all classes would like something like that at least...
    I'm sorry they would choose to play a bad class?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever bubbled in BG's when I was healing. I mean, I wasn't hurting anything... But if I really wanted to leave a battleground quick, I'd just /afk.

Quote Originally Posted by raziel083 View Post
    I doubt that come the new changes....but i guess we'll see.
    I agree. I was replying to his QQ about not being able to kill a pally. Honestly, I like holy power. I really do. But at this rate, we are gonna be pretty weak come 4.0.1. Also, I want to add that prot is even more boring than it is on live w/ HoPo.

I have only bubbled when im checking the vendors in WG in my prot gear and unbuffed and some douchebag ganks me.

My main is a warrior, so bubble hearth, or hearthing in general, has been a non issue for me for quite a while now.

While yes it is sad to see something so iconic go away it also makes me happy that the assholes that pull a boss and bubble hearth are getting the shaft.

But all in all, I don't really care. Blizz gave MS to every class, and now nerfed it. I am not overly bitter about it. I would rather have a balanced game than one precious ability but I must say...
    HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    The point isnt its usefulness, its how influential this move has been. Bubble hearthing is in thousands if not millions of WoW machinima', comics, and flash animations. Its joked about all the time and everyone gets a kick out of it in-game. Removing it will render all WoW fan media with BH jokes invalid and make new players oblivious to its existence.

^^ A hundred times over. To be honest, i've never ever felt like i was at some sort of disadvantage just because i couldn't bubblehearth. There are plenty of classes that can't do it either, and lets be honest, it is one of the signature moves of the class. When you're fighting a paladin and they pop the ol'bubble and start the green glowing hands thing, it seriously makes me laugh. I like to think of it as the Paladin saying, "Well this has been fun, but i really must be going now."

I'll even go so far as to say that i made my own Paladin just so i too, could bubble'n'hearth. (The other reason was for the wicked cool mount)

Honestly it's just funny to see, and fun to do. "Fun", the thing blizzard forgets sometimes. They'd better have a minor glyph for bubble hearth, or the game really won't be the same.

Deleted
    Glyph of Divine Shield - Reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone by 2 seconds.

Losing Divine Intervention was a much larger tragedy than this imo...I can't think of the last time I actually bubble hearthed anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari View Post
    ^^ A hundred times over. To be honest, i've never ever felt like i was at some sort of disadvantage just because i couldn't bubblehearth. There are plenty of classes that can't do it either, and lets be honest, it is one of the signature moves of the class. When you're fighting a paladin and they pop the ol'bubble and start the green glowing hands thing, it seriously makes me laugh. I like to think of it as the Paladin saying, "Well this has been fun, but i really must be going now."

I'll even go so far as to say that i made my own Paladin just so i too, could bubble'n'hearth. (The other reason was for the wicked cool mount)

Honestly it's just funny to see, and fun to do. "Fun", the thing blizzard forgets sometimes. They'd better have a minor glyph for bubble hearth, or the game really won't be the same.
    Yeah! I want that glyph! Man I should get my pally up and learn to bubble hearth b4 its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Glyph of Divine Shield - Reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone by 2 seconds.
    Never happened.

PROVE me wrong!!