Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 4.0.1 - PTR Build 13131

Patch 4.0.1 - PTR Build 13131
    The test realms have been updated with a new PTR build, this build is tagged as (Release) and seems to be a release candidate for live servers, it's a very small patch with only a few changes to spell data. You can still expect the patch on October 5th or 12th as far as I'm concerned.

Achievements Changes
    A couple of beta achievements have been updated and some of the "old" achievements have been reverted to fit the 4.0.1 environment (you have to kill Thrall in Orgrimmar instead of Garrosh, etc ...). Blizzard is definitely polishing for live release.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Guild Achievements - Raids & Dungeons

Raids & Dungeons

General

Quests

Spell Changes
    This is a 4.0.1 build and beta is 4.0.3, I strongly suggest that you do not consider these changes as upcoming beta changes, they might be 4.0.1 only. (A couple of changes from the latest beta build have been reverted)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Balance

Feral
    • Stampede Ravage effect now lasts 10 sec, up from 8 sec.

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot now scales from 31% of Ranged AP, up from 26%.

Beast Mastery
    • Focus Fire now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Frost

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    • Speed of Light now grants 10/20% spell haste, up from 5/10%. Now grants 20/40% movement speed, up from 10/20%.
    • Infusion of Light now has an additional effect, Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy Shock by 5/10%.

Protection

Priest (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Discipline

Shadow

Holy

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Elemental

Awesome! Love the change to PW:B, it was odd using at .5 second cast time (lol had it interrupted once... it sucked... with 25% haste even)

15+ Year Old Account
    Good holy paladin buffs.

Are you sure there are no Ret Paladin changes, Boub? Most Rets are reporting a significant (2k+) DPS increase this patch.

Maybe it was just bug fixes, who knows.

what do you mean overgrowth is gone? Oo

EDIT: I miss read it :P Disregard
    Last edited by taz030485; 2010-10-03 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Opps

sounds good to me!

not much just buffing a spell by 700% how about you

They took aoe root away?! You kidding me? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Shadow

* Shadowy Apparition base damage increased by 700%. (From 62.5 to 500)
    Holy shit, this thing already was hitting too hard while dotting and running, i could easily pull 11k with SWP-run-tab-SWP-tab

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Warrior changes :? I read their DPS is currently close to none, people deny them Heroic Dungeon and Raid spots.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Good holy paladin buffs.

Are you sure there are no Ret Paladin changes, Boub? Most Rets are reporting a significant (2k+) DPS increase this patch.

Maybe it was just bug fixes, who knows.
    That's from the Exorcism and Two Hand Spec changes in the last build.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Lerentis

Deleted
    If the PTR is release version then i really think its 5th october!

Quote Originally Posted by Izic View Post
    If the PTR is release version then i really think its 5th october!
    Yeah well I really hope they are not going to make EU wait a week longer...

I have to ask, where are the racial changes?
    I'm pretty sure they promised us that all races would get revamped racials...
    Or am I wrong?
    Why can't I upload images for my signature

WoW that 2 min CD for Ring of Frost didnt' last long.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    overgrowth is gone
    fuck

I wonder if we could get them to name one of their Patches "(boubstoptellingoursecrets)" :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Holy shit, this thing already was hitting too hard while dotting and running, i could easily pull 11k with SWP-run-tab-SWP-tab
    It's just base damage though, so it's only going to hit around 500 damage harder.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 "zomg druids is bad now, gonna play my mage instead since druids is bad lulz!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Spriests on beta were complaining about low DPS. Looks like you're winning on the fact that Blizzard listens to QQ!

If the ETA is 5th October, then the PTR will go down tonight or tomorrow.

The priest class changes seem to always be all buffs or all nerfs. Nice to see that the "release" patch is all buffs, and some pretty hearty ones! Instant PW:B seems to fit very well, as does the lowered cooldown on Prayer of Healing (easier to maintain its Chakra state). Atonement is a tiny tweak but its going to put it at just the right place. Shadowy Apparition is a little strange. People were noticing it already had pretty high DPS, so this is an unexpected change. I haven't done much testing as a shadow priest on the PTR, so that may have mostly been from multi-dotting Target Dummies.