Worth buying Battered hilt for combat rogue?

So i was was wondering if i should buy battered hilt to get the sword Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadow? is it worth the buy for a combat rouge stacking Arpen?

well, 1st and 3rd boss of icc 10 drops main and off-hand weapon for combat

No, unless you have gold to waste/dump.

Patch is incoming so ArP will be useless, and a while after that it'll be replaced easily by level 81.

So yeah, if you have the gold lying around and wont need it later on, I guess it couldn't hurt.

There's a better weapon from Saurfang 25 man and an equivalent weapon from Gunship 10 man. Both bosses are usually reached in PUGs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brabal View Post
    rouge = red in france. l2 spell your own class name pl0x

L2Spell Please not plOx.

As for the OP's question, with the new patch and new expansion just around the corner, i wouldn't bother unless you've got a shed load of cash burning your pockets. The item will be replaced within 1 or 2 levels into cataclysm and it would only look good sat in your bank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    There's a better weapon from Saurfang 25 man and an equivalent weapon from Gunship 10 man. Both bosses are usually reached in PUGs.
    This plus Cataclysm is not so far away, I really dont see the point it spending money on gear at this point.

The only reason why to buy that weapon is, if u hunt achievments otherwise only if ur gold capped
    Notice the puff of smoke? I have successfully casted Vanish, and I ask that you turn off your auto attack, set all pets to passive and pretend you don't see me for the next 3 seconds. Thanks for you cooperation!

Ehh if you want to see the questline (which is pretty cool), go for it. Otherwise just pug ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Copasetik318 View Post
    They need to make the light well bigger and more extravagant! They should make it look like you wanna click it hard and rough! Like Kim Kardashian's ass! I just got an idea! Make Kim Kardashian's ass the light well! Everyone will click it then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminis View Post
    The only reason why to buy that weapon is, if u hunt achievments otherwise only if ur gold capped
    second that

Quote Originally Posted by Geminis View Post
    Or if you want to do the quest chain The part in phased Isle of Quel'Danas and Sunwell is pretty cool.

Vashir will give you either of these as quest rewards (pending faction) unless you want to dump gold id say not worth it.

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59810

http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59807
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

I got my Battered Hilt as a drop off of Devourer of Souls in Forge of Souls heroic…

Surprised the heck out of me, but then I came to my senses & hit the 'NEED' icon…

And then, due to an extended maintenance period, it took me three days to complete the quest line & get my new shiny…!

Which promptly got replaced with the iLevel 264 Bloodvemon Blade when I started raiding ICC…

If its only a few k gold on your server, its a nice weapon till ICC25 - if its like my mains server and is still 9.5k, don't waste the gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Everyone seems interested in advising you how to spend your money but have not exactly answered the question. Assuming you have and are interested in spending the money, it is a good weapon for a combat rogue. I was looking for high ilvl, quick, easy upgrades when I was gearing up my brand new rogue and this was one of them. It's a good weapon to hold you over until you've got enough gear to enter ICC 10 or 25 - if you're already in ICC, it's probably NOT worth spending the money on it (inc expansion aside).

unless you win it and you fancy the achievement theres no real reason to keep hold of it since it'll be replaced in the 1st cata zones but spending hard gold on it is a waste

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scy View Post
    ROUGE: a reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used for polishing metal, glass, etc.
    ROGUE: Class in World of Warcraft

There is a difference!!!
    It was a typo, stop being a douche.
    OP: Ya not worth it at this point unless you want a 251 and are completely unwilling to do ICC10.