Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth

Sorry if this has been talked about before or if I missed any news on it, but has anyone on beta checked/confirmed or know anything about this mount getting vender upgrades in Cataclysm?

By that I mean the new reagents/waters/arrows/poisons/food etc for level 85, or will we have to buy the new Traveler's ????? ????? for upgraded venders?

I've had this fear that the venders will remain the same as level 80 venders in Northrend, the same way the venders in classic/tbc zones didnt upgrade to the new level cap expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it will they update all npc's where needed but i can say for 100% they will not have arrow's since there being removed from the game.
    *Edit* A blue post is not likely on this subject so it will have to be a wait and see.

Deleted
    Was wondering the same. Does the vendor get higer lvl food?

Well on BETA atm, I dont even have vendors on my travelers tundra!!!!!

Deleted
    Traveller's Tundra Mammoth has NO VENDORS on beta.

This is likely an intended change.

Seems my plan of getting a TTM, so I wouldn't have to go back to a town or throw stuff away while leveling to 85, fails...

That would be disappointing if true. It means the 16k version with the vendors will be no different to the 8k version without from SoH. First they took away the fall damage and now the vendors. Stupid.

I bought my TTM a few months ago for the sole purpose of using it whilst levelling in Cataclysm... I'm very annoyed at this :/

Sup Yo.

Deleted
    Time to fork out another 15-20k then

So basically I wasted 16k for 10 achievement points and a mount that has so many differenet and easier to get models?
    awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Source: Some asian dude.
    Deathcauser- 90 Warlock, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Irbored- 85 Warrior, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Stormraper- 83 Shaman, Alliance, Tarren Mill
    Deathknight- 81 Death Knight, Alliance, Tarren Mill

Maybe they'll give you an option to buy the vendors back for 250g once you get to lvl 85 :P

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    This was the gold sink for WotLK.

There will be a new gold sink for Cata. I fail to see why this should be a surprise. The BC Repair bots didn't get stocked with WotLK reagents, why wouldn't this trend continue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groznar View Post

There will be a new gold sink for Cata. I fail to see why this should be a surprise. The BC Repair bots didn't get stocked with WotLK reagents, why wouldn't this trend continue?
    the tbc repair bots didn't get deleted from the game though did they, woo for engineering to vendor junk and mail stuff when leveling

For many ppl its not about the reagents, its about the fact that the thing costs 16k gold and is now utterly useless. I myself haven't bought one though - thank goodness.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    But it wasn't useless when they bought it. It's like buying a computer in 2000 and being mad that it can't play games now. It was the best of its kind when you bought it, and as with all things times change.

I'm pretty sure it's just a bug the vendors are gone completely. They should still be there, but should not be upgrading their wares as you level up, much like they don't downgrade their wares if you have one on a level 40 character.

But it wasn't useless when they bought it. It's like buying a computer in 2000 and being mad that it can't play games now. It was the best of its kind when you bought it, and as with all things times change.
    There are enough ppl that bought one just recently and - to stay with your faulty computer analog - there is no information or even the slightest hint that the mount will be useless, where everyone knows that technology ages faster than you can carry it home. It's one of these "SURPISE! We screwed you" situations blizzard likes to bring to the players shortly before each expansion.

More accurate would actually be to take that and say "It's like buying a computer in 2000 and being mad that it can't play the games I bought it for, that worked before."
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

Deleted
    It's very likely not a bug though - being able to sell vendor trash, repair and restock whenever you want is a major plus when leveling. I am guessing Blizzard removed it because they didn't want it to feel mandatory to purchase one of these.

It's a real shame because I was eyeing one of these little beasts myself, but if they're useless now, too bad.

The point here, is they may not stock the vendors (if it still has them) with Cata water/food/reagents etc. But they should keep the vendors. Even at their current state. I will be very very dissapointed if they remove the vendors, there is no cause for it at all, and if I want the new gold sink enough, then I will buy it. I don't need Blizz to remove my perks just so I will.

TBC and Classic Scrapbots still exist and are usable.

The computer analogy in the post above, the computer still can do what you paid for it to do. Play games from circa 2000.

Same with the vendors. What about my Argent Slave? Jeeves? Bet your arse they'll prob bring out a new one. I've even seen details on the new Jeeves IIRC. Bt will my current Jeeves still be there? Will he work as intended? Bet your arse he will.

Shouldn't be ny different with the TTM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.