Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Blizzard isn't stupid enough to get rid of Garrosh, Especially after putting more effort into him than any other Faction leader to date in WoW
    That's funny, because what irks me somewhat is the apparent lack of abovementioned effort: we see Emo, we see Rebellous and we see Brutal, but not the transition between the three. All we are presented with is a handful of quotes which teeter dangerously on the verge of being out-of-character because they have nothing to stand on.

This leader lacks depths and inner conflict which would make him interesting. He is painfully obvious in his methods, his deeds and his desires, and thus predictable.

Of course, he does bring war back in Warcraft, but he achieves that by being annoying as hell and not by being a skilled leader (like Orgrim) or a shrewd politician (like Ner'zul). He provokes a gut reaction in any Alliance fanbo... I beg your pardon, member that sees him, one of almost animal and visceral hatred. Even I am no exception to this, and believe me when I say it is uncharacteristic of me.

I wonder what future (and Blizzard) have in store for him, though. His story is far from being over.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimatter View Post
    Dude, everyone has killed Onyxia

I hear this all the time, ''I killed onyxia!! not varian!'' but the point is that you don't matter when it comes to the lore

It can be that you killed Ragnaros, but if the lore says ''Ysera killed Ragnaros', then Ysera killed Ragnaros, if it says ''A band of adventurers defeated Ragnaros'', then it is you who killed him.

The point doesn't work.
    shit

Quote Originally Posted by Stalfomancer View Post
    Is it wrong that as alliance when I heard Vul'jin say that he planned to kill Garrosh to his face in a vision that I was not only cheering him on but wishing for an ingame event where I could partner with him to take down Garrosh in the most blood filled way imaginable and when Garrosh is saying his last dieing words struggling for the energy Sylvanas could walk in and lean down before standing and spitting on him before uttering the words... " Watch your clever mouth Bitch! " and then walking out.
    God I would love blizzard forever then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Blizzard isn't stupid enough to get rid of Garrosh, Especially after putting more effort into him than any other Faction leader to date in WoW: In WoW (not Warcraft the novals/Warcraft the game, but World of Warcraft) Garrosh has more Development than any faction leader, we have seen him change from Emo,rebellious, to Brutal where in Cataclysm he is more active than any Faction leaders. At most Blizzard would kill Vol'jin off before they kill Garrosh, I know your saying that is false but they did kill Carine off. The point is Blizzard wants all the old leaders to past the torch to a new breed of leaders, and they have with 3 already, 4 if you count them promoteing Anduin Wrynn

Here is one reason I like Garrosh, and as much as people hate him, I like the fact that he want in on all the big battle.
    Vol'jin says: Da people be happy with our success in Northrend.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: “Our” success? Troll, you played no part in the Horde’s victories in Northrend. While I led our warriors against the Lich King, you merely took back a few scattered islands.
    What the heck are you talking about? Garrosh's "development" consisted of him being an emo in BC then a complete hardass in Wotlk for no reason, then still being a hardass in cata but thinking quoting saurfang makes it better.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    That's funny, because what irks me somewhat is the apparent lack of abovementioned effort: we see Emo, we see Rebellous and we see Brutal, but not the transition between the three. All we are presented with is a handful of quotes which teeter dangerously on the verge of being out-of-character because they have nothing to stand on.
    Are you kidding? The quest in Nagrand was the beginnings of a huge developmental leap, but you really can't understand why we didn't see every bit of his development?

I don't know about you, but after Nagrand, I continued on. I didn't sit there in an effort to watch Garrosh's every emote. Killed Illidan, won the day. Saw him again in the Wrath event, fighting Thrall, thinking "wtf is this guy talking down to Thrall-OH SHIT HE ALMOST WON!" Saw him in Northrend when I went to BT, and he was pretty much the character I had expected to find. After finishing up there, we went on to kill the LK and etc.

Blizz couldn't make every quest and every scene about Garrosh, showing his small shifts and changes. It'd be like watching a 1-man show, not playing a game. Things happen while the players aren't around. Time passes. Like when you're reading a book. The main character (you) is off adventuring, but the people back home are still living life. In-game, you see enough to be able to appreciate the changes, why the changes are happening, how it's going down.. without making WoW "The Garrosh Show!"

Unless you're biased against him, at which point this post isn't for you. :P
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    Are you kidding? The quest in Nagrand was the beginnings of a huge developmental leap, but you really can't understand why we didn't see every bit of his development?

I don't know about you, but after Nagrand, I continued on. I didn't sit there in an effort to watch Garrosh's every emote. Killed Illidan, won the day. Saw him again in the Wrath event, fighting Thrall, thinking "wtf is this guy talking down to Thrall-OH SHIT HE ALMOST WON!" Saw him in Northrend when I went to BT, and he was pretty much the character I had expected to find. After finishing up there, we went on to kill the LK and etc.

Blizz couldn't make every quest and every scene about Garrosh, showing his small shifts and changes. It'd be like watching a 1-man show, not playing a game. Things happen while the players aren't around. Time passes. Like when you're reading a book. The main character (you) is off adventuring, but the people back home are still living life. In-game, you see enough to be able to appreciate the changes, why the changes are happening, how it's going down.. without making WoW "The Garrosh Show!"

Unless you're biased against him, at which point this post isn't for you. :P
    That's just it.

There aren't any quests where we see Garrosh actually do anything. All it ever is is we went off and killed x and he is proud of the Horde because of it. At least Saurfang came into the fields and saved you from the necromancer, and sent you that letter in Agmar's Hammer. Garrosh never got off his ass and helped me with anything, even Vol'jin the do-nothing until the Echo Isles leader, was at least at the Battle for the Undercity; Garrosh didn't even show up to avenge the death of one of his coammanders in Northrend. Even Saurfang had the respect to show up after they killed Varimathras.

Blizzard doesn't need to make it "The Garrosh Show" but they should do a better job of showing character development than "well you haven't seen him in a while so he's an Alliance hater now" after TBC.
    Last edited by Lord Cenarius; 2010-10-10 at 03:58 AM.
    Burnin' yo people up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    Orcs don't think, Orcs don't strategize orcs just DO!
    Stopped reading right about there, Saurfang would like a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ny0ka View Post
    Garrosh is a TRUE oldskool Orc warchief.. Thrall has way to much empathy for humans, and seeing as knobhead Varian openly hates Horde with a passion then I think Garrosh is awesome for new warchief and brings back what the Horde should be all about and that is ultimate power over Azeroth! FOR THE HORDE!
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    That's just it.

There aren't any quests where we see Garrosh actually do anything. All it ever is is we went off and killed x and he is proud of the Horde because of it. At least Saurfang came into the fields and saved you from the necromancer, and sent you that letter in Agmar's Hammer. Garrosh never got off his ass and helped me with anything, even Vol'jin the do-nothing until the Echo Isles leader, was at least at the Battle for the Undercity; Garrosh didn't even show up to avenge the death of one of his coammanders in Northrend. Even Saurfang had the respect to show up after they killed Varimathras.

Blizzard doesn't need to make it "The Garrosh Show" but they should do a better job of showing character development than "well you haven't seen him in a while so he's an Alliance hater now" after TBC.
    While you're out questing, the NPCs are assumed to be moving along with life. While in Boring Tundra, Garrosh was receiving mentoring from Saurfang. Part of that is told by the epic RP you get to see between the two. Though that same message scrolls over and over again, if we weren't in an MMO, there would be other message, other lessons.

As for Battle of Undercity, Garrosh shouldn't have been there. With Thrall, Sylvanas, and even Saurfang showing up, he was needed to keep watch over the forces in Northrend. As for being an alliance hater..

After you and Thrall kick him out of his Emo in Nagrand, Garrosh learns that the Orcs were prisoners, slaves.. until Thrall broke free and rallied them to move to Kalimdor. Once there, the Night Elves attacked. It may not be a popular view, but Garrosh thinks Orcs, and the Horde, are superior, and shouldn't have to bow to or ally with the enemies of his Father and of his people.

Why, you ask? Why is Garrosh an "alliance hater"? Because that's just how the Orcs are. Even Orgrim Doomhammer, who didn't drink the blood of Mannoroth, slew Alliance by the handfuls for the betterment of his people, and that's what it's about. Roused from his stupor, witnessed his people in a stalemate with Alliance.. that's really all one needs to explain Garrosh's anger at Wrynn and the Alliance.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

15+ Year Old Account
    He's not an Alliance hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    He's not an Alliance hater.
    Considering that we are talking about an orc who opens diplomatic talks with "I thought I smelled the stench of Alliance pigs" instead of "Hello", I find this statement rather difficult to believe.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound Archon View Post
    Considering that we are talking about an orc who opens diplomatic talks with "I thought I smelled the stench of Alliance pigs" instead of "Hello", I find this statement rather difficult to believe.
    He simply believes in Horde superiority. He'd despise anything that rivals Horde's might.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    While you're out questing, the NPCs are assumed to be moving along with life. While in Boring Tundra, Garrosh was receiving mentoring from Saurfang. Part of that is told by the epic RP you get to see between the two. Though that same message scrolls over and over again, if we weren't in an MMO, there would be other message, other lessons.
    But it's not Garrosh taking an active part in anything. For a character who is going to be a faction leader, something more than 7 sentences of dialogue is needed to show character development, which is the only one shown so far besides Nagrand. And he still doesn't change his Old-Horde-like ways. In Rise of The Horde, one of the things that seemed the most unsettling about the Old Horde to Durotan was how they built Hellfire Citadel, which seemed to dominate the land instead of being a part of it. When Thrall established Orgrimmar it was built so that it didn't resemble building such as Hellfire Citadel. In Cata what's Garrosh's first order of business, encase Orgrimmar in metal, making it look very reminiscent of Old Horde buildings. Thrall created the New Horde so that the Orcs wouldn't be seen as bloodthirsty mindless monsters bent on conquering the world. What does Garrosh plan on doing as Warchief? Taking over the world in the name of the Horde.

As for Battle of Undercity, Garrosh shouldn't have been there. With Thrall, Sylvanas, and even Saurfang showing up, he was needed to keep watch over the forces in Northrend.
    He couldn't leave his throne room in Warsong Hold for five minutes like Saurfang did and just sit there with Thrall and acknowledge that the battle even happened? I don't think he makes any reference to it at all.

After you and Thrall kick him out of his Emo in Nagrand, Garrosh learns that the Orcs were prisoners, slaves.. until Thrall broke free and rallied them to move to Kalimdor. Once there, the Night Elves attacked. It may not be a popular view, but Garrosh thinks Orcs, and the Horde, are superior, and shouldn't have to bow to or ally with the enemies of his Father and of his people.
    But to have him do nothing at all in-game is stupid for someone who is going to be the next faction leader. Even Varian had his own comic series to flesh him out more because he just jumped into position of being the leader of the Alliance in WoTLK. But with Garrosh he's had two expansions to show the player how he's developed; what does he actually show the player? He likes to sit around and take credit for things he didn't do (i.e. the conquest in Northrend, where Saurfang was the one basically refining his orders to have them actually work.).

If he'd rather put old grudges between the Humans and the Orcs between Horde and Alliance peace then he's a very shallow person.

Why, you ask? Why is Garrosh an "alliance hater"? Because that's just how the Orcs are. Even Orgrim Doomhammer, who didn't drink the blood of Mannoroth, slew Alliance by the handfuls for the betterment of his people, and that's what it's about. Roused from his stupor, witnessed his people in a stalemate with Alliance.. that's really all one needs to explain Garrosh's anger at Wrynn and the Alliance.
    Orgrim slew Alliance because the Horde needed a new home. Garrosh slew Alliance because he wants Horde domination instead of world peace. The Orcs were perfectly fine with peace with Theramore until the war broke out in cataclysm, so saying the Orcs are just Alliance hater for the hell of it is very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    He simply believes in Horde superiority. He'd despise anything that rivals Horde's might.
    I don't see him hating the Argent Crusade, which is just as strong as either of the two factions.
    Burnin' yo people up

What does Garrosh plan on doing as Warchief? Taking over the world in the name of the Horde.
    i for myself (speaking as a proud member of the horde) think that is a very good plan! as far as i know the whole world belongs to the horde. we are the top of the food-chain. the glory of azeroth. down with those weaklings that call themselves elves and humans. the dwarves may stay, for they are cool and warrior-esque.

sorry. and bye-bye, alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    as far as i know the whole world belongs to the horde. we are the top of the food-chain. the glory of azeroth.
    Although this is just a game, this kind of talk irks me. I prefer Thrall's wisdom and tolerance. If this is how Garrosh plans to rule I want no part of the horde.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see him hating the Argent Crusade, which is just as strong as either of the two factions.
    Taken from wowwiki:
    Argent Dawn, membership: 1500.
    Horde, population: 292,210 approx.
    Alliance, population: 800,000 approx.

Even considering it's outdated, even if AC grew tenfold since vanilla, it's out of any comparison. Plus, AC never ever rivaled the Horde, while Alliance actively does, all the time.

he looks pretty cool but it just seems like he goes out of his way to kill alliance even tho its not in the best interest of the horde.

also if u go into new org in cata theres a hookah on the table next to him...maybe thats why hes so dumb sometimes?