Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    "Derp can't expect to play new games on a four year old machine!"

1) Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. There are very few games designed to PUSH your system to the max like Crysis, especially not World of Warcraft.
    2) This is the same game that has been out for four years, there is no reason he shouldn't be able to run it, "lolMac" or not, there wasn't anything in Cataclysm that looks any better than Vanilla, TBC, or WOTLK minus the few shader effects that aren't available in their OpenGL renderer anyway.

Now, did they say they wont support it, as in it wont run, period, or that it is below their minimum requirements, so don't call them when your game doesn't run/run smoothly? I couldn't see them making it not run at all, but as I don't know much about Mac/MacOS, is it like supporting Windows98 or is your Mac using the latest MacOS <insert random big jungle cat name>?
    We're talking about supporting a technology (PowerPC) that is currently no longer in production. Apple has been using Intel CPUs on their Mac for more than 3 years now. Backward compatibility has its limits, period.

Edit : Just to add, EVEN APPLE does NOT support PowerPC anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread won't end well.

Too bad none of the active mods are on atm to lock this inevitable, and more than likely commencing by the time this post goes through, flamefest.
    Last edited by Nahte; 2010-10-03 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wveil1 View Post
    So, is anyone else pissed off by the fact that Blizz is not going to support Power PC's in Cata? For me this means the end of my WOW days. My computer is just 4 years old, and I'm not buying a new one just to play a game.

Very disappointed.
    I have to agree with most everyone here. You can't expect that your PC will last you forever- If its getting old, don't expect to run new releases on it, even if it is just an expansion.

I'm sorry PC fanboys, the last decent, usable windows operating system was released October 2001. Why would anyone want to buy a PoS like Vista or 7?

My main machine is still running XP but I hardly see myself getting 7 because it's such a joke. Anyone buying a new computer who isn't an idiot would have to go mac. I'm sorry, PC fanboys, but you've gone obsolete.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realise that 4 years ago, we just got dual cores, with an amazing clock speed of 800 MHz right ?
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

No one else had the idea that this guy could just be a huge troll to start a Mac vs PC debate?

Blue post here saying Power PC macs won't work here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...39637&sid=2000

So long as the Mac OS is supported the only problem for your PowerPC would be the PC requirements, however the PC requirements for cataclysm on lower will be only slightly more than WotLK so a 4 year old mac should run it fine enough.

You'll not be able to run it in Dx10 but.. isn't that obvious?

EDIT:

Ok nvm seems they dont like Mac users..

BURN!
    Last edited by Oweena; 2010-10-03 at 02:06 PM.

Four years is an eternity. If you like Macs, invest in an Intel one. If you had the money to put on a Mac in the first place, you probably do now as well. Otherwise you can get a decent PC for less than 500$.

Quote Originally Posted by generalanders View Post
    I'm sorry PC fanboys, the last decent, usable windows operating system was released October 2001. Why would anyone want to buy a PoS like Vista or 7?

My main machine is still running XP but I hardly see myself getting 7 because it's such a joke. Anyone buying a new computer who isn't an idiot would have to go mac. I'm sorry, PC fanboys, but you've gone obsolete.
    Ok, retard spotted. Next time try having at least a little bit of knowledge in IT and OS before trying to tell us what is crap or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    If you're playing games on a Mac then I laugh at you.
    This.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    About damn time, actually. And huge lol @ you not wanting to replace/upgrade your four year old computer.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2010-10-03 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Macs haven't been better for creativity than PCs since about 1997.
    Beyond the creative community, Macs today are used by two extremes of the userbase. On one hand you have the completely computer illiterate users who appreciate the ease of use, and on the other you have the coder/hacker types who appreciate being able to drop down to the terminal and have a fully fledged UNIX system underneath a good looking GUI in a package that Just Works. Windows users fall between the two. Obviously for gaming today you should run Windows, unless you're only playing Blizzard games.

But really, PowerPC systems died years ago, you cannot reasonably expect anyone to support them today.
    Last edited by Brett Skullcrack; 2010-10-03 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Wait, you have to upgrade your hardware to play a modern video game? Welcome to the club, mate. It doesn't matter what brand you're using, everyone has to upgrade sooner or later if they want to go along for the ride. Deal with it.

Having worked in a Best Buy for a month, I had to set aside my hate for MACs and actually learn their strengths so I could present to a customer his choice between one and a PC. What have I learned? They have a different OS which is more newbie-friendly and supposedly loads the main memory less than Win7 does. They play most games OK, and are a crap-ton more expensive. If your screen dies, you need to buy a new one and use extra space on your desktop. Honestly I really mean no offense, but MACs feel like the average person's excuse to not teach themselves basic internet security and computer maintenance techniques, in an age where these things have almost become a standard requirement for computer users, just like car maintenance and basic knowledge became a requirement when cars became popular and widespread in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    Ok, retard spotted. Next time try having at least a little bit of knowledge in IT and OS before trying to tell us what is crap or not.
    I hope you two are happy. Most serious computing companies don't even use microsoft machines unless they can't avoid it. And then they don't let them be on the same network as the rest of their computers.
    Last edited by generalanders; 2010-10-03 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If your screen dies, you need to buy a new one and use extra space on your desktop.
    Is that what Best Buy is telling its customers? Well don't buy from Best Buy then. When my MacBook's screen died I called Apple, the next day a guy came to my door to pick up the machine and two days later another guy brought it back fully fixed and I didn't pay a penny.

Honestly I really mean no offense, but MACs feel like the average person's excuse to not teach themselves basic internet security and computer maintenance techniques, in an age where these things have almost become a standard requirement for computer users, just like car maintenance and basic knowledge became a requirement when cars became popular and widespread in the world.
    So your point is that you shouldn't buy a car that doesn't need maintenance because majority of other cars do? I use Macs precisely because I don't want to spend tons of effort making sure my system is secure. I don't want to have to run anti-virus, which Macs today don't need because they're not as juicy target for script kiddies as Windows machines are.

Quote Originally Posted by generalanders View Post
    I hope you two are happy. Most amateur computing companies don't even use microsoft machines unless they can't avoid it. And then they don't let them be on the same network as the rest of their computers.
    Fixed.

Deleted
    I have a 15 year old mac for improving my ego among middle class fancy pants people, then I a PC when I actually want to do something.

If you don't like windows because "it's the end of the world" use Linux. Then you have a working machine (that you can upgrade instead of buying a new one), and a free (legal) OS.

They're also cheaper.

In fact buying a Mac is a ponderous activity, the salesmen for the company really earn their corn.

Apple products arent bad, its just that people who use their products treat them like a liscence to behave like an asshole... just a lil something something :P

OT: I really never tried a mac, but since i hear so much negativity about it, i just never bothered to even try it out :P